The Oogie Boogie Bash 2022 Thread (ALL DATES SOLD OUT)

Does anyone know if I can buy the tickets for my party of four when they open for magic key holders (I'm the only key holder), or do I need to wait until open for all?

Hoping for Oct 4th. We’re coming from Aust and have got a 10 day pass with reservations already booked. I want to do it in the middle of that stay with a day off on the party date and the day after.

Does anyone know the answer to this: we have magic keys that we plan to activate during our October trip. They are loaded to our DL account already. Will we be able to buy OBB tickets with the MK holders?
I think this may be the first time that they are doing this so I'm not sure we have answers yet!

I was on a work call in my home office when my mom came in and mouthed "THE PARTY DATES!!!!!!!!" I could not figure out what she was saying so had to wait until I got off the phone, but what an absolute treat! We are getting so excited now.

I’m planning our first trip to DL October 4-9. Would you recommend OBB on Tuesday the 4th or Thursday the 6th? We are east coasters, so I was thinking the 6th to give us a couple days to acclimate to the time change. Or are Thursdays normally a lot more crowded? Thanks for any advice!
All dates for the bash will be sold out eventually and since May 1, both parks have been busy. The pent up demand is still there and I suspect it will still be there for Halloween 2022. I'd pick that Thursday though.

Looks like I lucked out with the one night I picked to be there on Sept 18th! Can't wait to check it out!

Ok, while we wait for June 28/30 to roll around, can some folks tell me what they love most about OBB?

We've never been to any of the separate ticketed events, but my kid has expressed a strong interest in seeing DLR Halloween stuff. Considering doing mainly a beach trip to Southern California for fall break and seeing if we could do OBB (Oct 11 or 13) and maybe one DL day to our plan (oh how I wish I could have upgraded to the Enchant key earlier this month!!).

Have the waited to announce the Halloween WOC in previous years? I really hope they do it, but coming from Florida I’d be happy if they did the regular during OBB too! We only have 2 days at DLR and we’ll be at DL the first night.

Jason

The more social media posts I read today, the more confused I get. Can D23 members buy tickets for any party on June 28th, or can they only purchase tickets for the September 10th party before they are available to the public on June 30?

The more social media posts I read today, the more confused I get. Can D23 members buy tickets for any party on June 28th, or can they only purchase tickets for the September 10th party before they are available to the public on June 30?
The wording on the official pages make it sound like D23 members can only buy early tickets for the D23 night, not for the rest of the dates.

Does anyone know the answer to this: we have magic keys that we plan to activate during our October trip. They are loaded to our DL account already. Will we be able to buy OBB tickets with the MK holders?
I think that your MK will have to be activated first. In the past with APs, I think they had to be active to get the discounts. But since the MK program is "new," it might work differently. We'll find out soon!

I think that your MK will have to be activated first. In the past with APs, I think they had to be active to get the discounts. But since the MK program is "new," it might work differently. We'll find out soon!
I’ll probably try the 28th and see what happens, if not, I’ll definitely be on on the 30th!

Our first time doing Disneyland at Halloween- so excited! We arrive on Oct 11 so we could do the bash that night or just wait and do it Oct 13... Is there much of a difference between the Tuesday and Thursday dates? Seems like it all sells out anyways so crowd wise it all probably levels out?

Our first time doing Disneyland at Halloween- so excited! We arrive on Oct 11 so we could do the bash that night or just wait and do it Oct 13... Is there much of a difference between the Tuesday and Thursday dates? Seems like it all sells out anyways so crowd wise it all probably levels out?
I dont think there is much of difference.

Last year they had the virtual queues and people waited for hours which in most cases wasn't necessary imo. Now for Halloween night you might want to wait in the virtual queue.

Edited to add also some sold out right away but then Disney released more tickets for sold out dates at a later time.

Edited to add that the cheaper parties sell out faster also.

Virtual queue? So you can't just get on your computer and buy a ticket?
My heart....
:faint:

Someone also mentioned a "waiting room". My computer illiterate brain is having another panic attack.

Virtual queue? So you can't just get on your computer and buy a ticket?
My heart....
:faint:

Someone also mentioned a "waiting room". My computer illiterate brain is having another panic attack.
Yes, they have done the same with other events and when certain dining packages have dropped.

When you go to the website (at 9 or sometime before that), you'll get put in a waiting room. Then when they actually open sales, they randomly give everyone waiting a place in line. You'll see an estimate of how long, and it may go up and down over time. Anticipate some technical glitches. You can sign in from multiple devices. When it is your turn you'll have a window where you can access the ticket page and purchase. Many folks will be posting on the Disboard about their experiences and frustrations during this time. It can actually be a little fun if you don't have other things you are needing to do.

Or you can skip all that and take your chances later that day and just get on with very little or now wait and purchase something. If you have limited dates you can go this is more risky as there is a chance things will sell out.

I'm not sure how things will work for the magic key holder opening with them verifying who has the pass.

We're coming out for OBB - we won't be getting other park tickets and have no plans to do anything else (expect hang out by the Disneyland Hotel pool). How likely is it that we'll be able to get tickets to two parties - Oct. 04 Tuesday & Oct. 06 Thursday? We'll have two adults with two computers, and are blocking out time the minute the clock switches to 9am PST. Should we each try for one date? Should we both try for both days?

What time does everyone normally start getting into the wait room? Can my phone lock and still be logged in? Can I go away from the page as long as the tab is kept open or do I have to stare at that screen the whole time lol?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter