The only one on a ride

A few years ago at IOA, I approached Jurassic Park River Adventure and walked all the way to the boarding area where there was no one except the TMs. Everything was working fine; apparently this just wasn't a popular attraction in the winter months. Took my solo ride in the empty boat.

we've had our own log a few times on Splash. Back during E-nights many times and then on our honeymoon the boarding cm gave us one to ourselves. :) The best was one night we went on Jungle Cruise and were the only ones. The skipper was awesome, she was like do you want the regular spiel or some fun trivia. We went with the trivia of course. I only wish I could remember some of the stuff she told us!! (but it was really neat at the time!)

Have ridden these attractions were there was no one in sight:

Tomorrowland Transit Authority
Peter Pan
Spaceship Earth
Rio del Tiempo - Mexico
Journey Into Imagination

Rode on Carousel of Progress with just a handful of people, but they managed to talk thru much of the ride. I am looking forward to the day when we will have it to ourselves.

I was a Jungle Cruise skipper at Disneyland. On slow nights, we'd sometimes get dispatched on "deadhead" trips (with no guests) when we had too many boats at the dock and no queue. I loved going out into the dark jungle and just enjoying the peaceful sounds.

I also had plenty of times where I had only two guests on my boat. I'd forgo the microphone and just talk directly to them. They always chuckled, but I don't know if there was pressure on them to laugh because of the personal attention. If so, I guess that's sort of awkward. But I always felt I had to work harder to make sure they were enjoying it.

1998: First trip to Disney World with my mom and my brother. We were total commando style, no interest in fireworks or shows, so when the fireworks started up we just took advantage of the short lines. I remember riding Splash Mountain three or four times in a row with a boat to ourselves, never even getting out.

2006 and 2009: I did the Disney College Program twice and spent a lot of time in the parks on my days off. Many, many morning and late evening rides on the Tomorrowland Transit Authority without sharing a train, to the point where I'd almost be disappointed if I wasn't on it alone.

2006 was also the year Pirates of the Caribbean was updated to include Jack Sparrow. The ride was closed for most of my first program, but midway through (after doing some initial refurbishment but before making the changes) they ran the ride pre-park opening for cast members only one morning, I think as a chance for the cast to say one last goodbye to the original ride. I went, of course, and I had a boat to myself on each of my multiple rides that morning. That was when I learned just how high-capacity those rides are; one of the cast members running it told me they'd had hundreds of people through, but the ride handled them all so quickly that I only ever saw about five other riders.

Years ago, the DIS had a private, after hours party at DHS. I was there, with a lot of friends, including my former co-moderator, who was working at DHS at that time...behind the scenes. We were riding TSM, with a few others. It was close to the end of the party, so pretty soon we were the only ones riding. He hopped off, but for some reason, my bar didn't raise. He motioned to the operator to just run me thru again...happened three times! Just me, all alone in TSM! It was really creepy...and my 'friend' just stood there, howling with laughter, as I went round and round. I've never complained about having to wait since then!!!

Reminds me of the ending of the movie Clifford. At least you didn't have to battle Larry the Scary Rex? :laughing:

Late nights at MK are the best! We've been on SM, BTMRR, POTC, PM just our family. I love when they ask if we want to ride again if there is no one in line. At Epcot we've gotten on Figment by ourselves.

When I worked at Jungle Cruise, I would have just one family or one couple or a couple of times, one person! It was a bit uncomfortable for me at first but I like to think they got a special experience!

I've had a private boat with multiple go-arounds at DLR for Small World. (Which is my favorite ride.)

A few years ago, my son's favorite ride was the Tower of Terror (he was 5 or 6) and we rode it three times in a row. The third time we came up, the line was nonexistent and the CM told him to chose a seat anywhere and we had the whole elevator to ourselves! My son loved it and still talks about it. I am not sure how we lucked out with the crowds as it was in the morning in the summer when this happened!

I was the only one for Monster's Joke Foor (I refuse to use the real, inappropriate name) right before close.

I was the person who felt the urge to get up and dance, I was going to buy everyone Churros, I was That Guy, in the retelling of the movie I was Mike, I was Sully, I was Boo. Strangley, though, they didn't perform the joke I submitted.

What do you get if you combine a cow and a cat?

A cow who always lands on his feet!

This has happened to DW and I a few times. This past June we went into Philarmagic at around 10:30 p.m. There was a total of six people watching the show! One other time at MK, it started to POUR and everyone went for cover, with no lighting the rides kept running and we were able to ride BTMRR over and over. It is a different ride coming out of the cavern in a downpour!

My daughter and I ride splash 3 times in a row at park open in our private log. No one near us in the other logs either. They let us keep going if no one was in the line area.
Last March we were last ones on TOT in our private elevator after the Star Wars fireworks. That was scary as heck but also a blast.

My only time in Animal Kingdom, there was a typical late summer thunderstorm. I was right near the Kilimanjaro Safari when it hit and after the storm ended I was the only person in the jeep.

Can't say the animals put on any special show for me, though...

We've been the only family on Journey into the Imagination, Gran Fiesta Tour, Living with the Land, Expedition Everest, People Mover, and Splash Mountain. Splash, several times, actually. It's cool, but feels kind of weird. :)

DD and I have had ME to ourselves (arrived on an early red eye from the west coast) and a monorail car (was a resort monorail & we were delayed about 15 minutes between Poly & GF. My DD and I danced around the car just because we could!)

This has happened to us a few times. The most recent was Sept. 2015 (our last trip). We rode BTMRR six (6) in a row without ever getting off the ride. We pulled back into the station and gave them a thumbs up and they let us ride again and again. It started raining towards the end of the night and every cleared out. We also rode Space Mountain five (5) times in a row but had to get off and walk through through the empty line again.

Same trip different day (MNSSHP day) we rode 7DMT four (4) times in a row without waiting and Splash Mountain four (4) times without waiting.

Previous trips before that we had the same luck on BTMRR.. Got to ride it eight (8) consecutive times without ever getting out of our seat. Before they did the POC refurb we rode it four (4) times but had to walk through the line with no one else around.

This happened to us with multiple rides on our trip a few Septembers ago. Rode POTC in a boat ourselves and no one else around, HM (made me sooo happy), LWTL, PeopleMover, Nemo where they just let us loop the ride lol, and Little Mermaid where we just sang along because we were the only ones there (they let us loop around several times here too).

My son and I got to see the Country Bear Jamboree all by ourselves once. The CM said since it is just the two of you do what you want. We took pictures and danced and sang through the whole thing. I got some of the most hilarious pictures and my son still talks about it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter