The One With All The Birthdays - Day 7, AK & Shopping

RobynPrincess

Looking around
Day 7

This morning the guys were going on the Food and Wine cheese seminar that I'd booked which meant we had to be up and out on time. I set the alarm for 8:30 to give us till 9am to get ready. Cliff decided to wake us up at 7:45am instead, pfffft!! Mind you we still left late due to people not being ready, I'll be honest and say it did tick me off a little only cause I could have slept loads more, oh well. We managed to have some bagels and cereal in the room before leaving. I drove as we were dropping the guys in Epcot and then going off for some shopping.

Men dropped off we headed to the Premium Outlets at Vineland. We went to grab a drink first as Anne hadn't had anything to eat or drink yet as she was still getting ready this morning. We headed into Starbucks at the food court.

I bought loads in the Disney store, 3 t-shirts, a mickey ice bucket that Sy had been coveting for ages, tea towels for me and some as presents for people back home, a colouring set for my niece. Spent about $80 in total which wasn't back considering how much I had. I bought a top in another shop as well but not sure of the name, Anne bought 3 dresses and Sian got a top both from Dressbarn. We were starting to get hungry for lunch but didn't fancy the food court as it was now really busy, so we decided to head out to find something nearby. I tried to contact the guys to find out if they wanted lunch with us or if they were sorting themselves out, but no luck getting a reply (they actually did reply shortly after but I had no wifi by this point and didn't get it).

We drove round the corner and found a place called Sweet Tomatoes, I'd read about it having lots of fresh salad and knowing Anne was on a huge health kick I suggesting going there. We really enjoyed our lunch, it cost about $10 each with a coupon (the cashier used one he had there for us). Lots of yummy salad, pizza and baked potatoes.

I noticed a few families who came in around us all prayed before their food, not something I've noticed many places before. One family all had t-shirts that said 'You need Jesus, I'm just saying'. Hmmm. I did see something in there though which really touched me, a cop came in for his lunch and sat on the table behind us. An older couple (one of those who had prayed actually) went over to the cop on their way out and thanked him for all his hard work. I'm not ashamed to say I welled up. It was such a small thing but the cop was really touched himself. Just goes to show an act of kindness, no matter how small, can make someone's day. Says something that I still remember and talk about it now.

Lunch finished we left a tip on the table and made our way back to Kidani. The guys had just got back to the room when we arrived, they hadn't eaten lunch and were quite hungry, oops! They survived on some snacks in the room though, after all that cheese and wine from earlier they didn't starve ;) It was too late for them to eat a proper meal as we had an ADR for Yak and Yeti for later.

The men had absolutely LOVED their seminar, it had changed from Spanish cheeses to all European cheeses. Plus lots of wine ;) they were all feeling rather tipsy by the time it had finished. They each bought one of the books for sale and had it signed by the guy hosting the event. Sy said he would like to do more seminars next time we are there for F&W.

We chilled out in the villa for a bit with some drinks before heading out to AK at about 3:30pm We had fastpasses for Dinosaur so we went off that way first, stopping first to get a few pictures.

We stopped to get Anne a bottle of water by Dinosaur and then went inside. Anne didn't fancy riding so she waited outside. I think Dinosaur is a seriously underrated ride, I love it!

Afterwards time was getting on for our ADR so we decided to head over that way. Parked scooters outside Yak & Yeti and went inside to wait for our table, we were a little early but the guys were still hungry so we thought we would ask to see if they could seat us, our luck was in and they could! I've had a bit of a weird relationship with this restaurant, we ate here in 2012 and were very underwhelmed, was was okay but definitely not fitting of the buzz for the place online. Plus our server was very lacklustre. We decided to give it another go and had a wonderful meal, and ever meal since then has been great. Just goes to show it's worth giving a place another chance!

We were seated right by the bar, first time that we've sat in this part of the restaurant. Our drink order were taken and I snapped some pics while we perused the menu.

We started with pot stickers and the fried green beans, both of which were very tasty.

There were a few new specials not yet on the menu, a few of us decided to try them out, Sy had the chicken tikka masarla. I stuck with good old bourbon chicken, cant get this in the UK ;) both were yummy. We skipped on dessert as we were all too full, I was seriously sad about missing the mango pie though :(

We had a bit of drama getting the AP discount added to the cheque, as we were never sent out the AP booklet (they don't send them to the UK) so we had no proof that we had the AP, the manager did sort it in the end though by taking our bands and scanning them to see we were AP holders. Only 10% off entrees (no TiW here sadly) but any discount is better than no discount.

While having dinner we missed our fastpass for Festival of the Lion King but once dinner was done we had time for our Kali Fastpass, sadly though it was down :( We could swap to another ride so we decided on the Safari. Sadly it was nearly the end of the day and lots of the animals had already gone in for the night.

I was still feeling sad about missing out on my mango pie so Sy and I decided to walk over to get me one to take away while the others made their way to the car. Sadly though just as we were hitting the hill on the way out my scooter decided to run dead, so Sy had to help push me up! Oops! Must remember to charge it more often ;) it only has a small battery compared to my mums.

I managed to devour the mango pie before I'd even left the car park, I did share a few forks full with Sy ;)

We were back in the hotel by 7:30pm, totally shattered. We debated a swim but all decided we were too tired. We watched tv for a while before heading to bed, needed an early night tonight as we had an early start tomorrow...

Frickin chicken tikka masala!!! I had no idea Disney had a place that served it and it looks lovely too. Yak & Yeti now a must visit.

Looks like you had a great day :) and I agree, Dinosaur is criminally underrated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter