The One With All The Birthdays - Day 6, MK

RobynPrincess

Looking around
day 6

The alarm went off at 7:25am, we hopped out of bed and got ready for our first day at Disney! And what a sight to wake up to...

Wow, some view huh? I could get used to that. In fact I could stop being a night owl if I could wake up to that every day!

We got everyone else up and were soon all ready and with some gentle persuasion, Anne wasn't too late either... We drove over to the Grand and valet parked. Today's breakfast offering was at 1900 Park Fare. I'm not really a buffet girl but I make exception for this place; the food is good, it doesn't get manic and there are characters!! We parked mums scooter outside with the strollers (I didn't bring mine as we weren't planning on being out long) and headed inside. I checked us in and then we posed for a few memory maker pictures.

There was no queue so we were shown right in. We were given a table right by the door which was a bit of a bummer, we had people going in and out all the time right beside us, and the door behind us kept opening with kids wanting to have a look inside. It wasn't very relaxing, I'd ask for a different table if I was sat there again for sure. Breakfast was good though, and we met all of the characters :) I didn't make the most of the buffet as per usual, I can't eat a big breakfast as it makes me unwell, but what I ate was nice and there was lots of choice, but lets face it, the reason I come is for the Characters!! And mainly the lady herself, Mary Poppins! As it happens, it was the exact same Mary Poppins as the last time we were here in September 2013 ;)

We were also brought over some cupcakes after as we were celebrating so many birthdays.

After we had finished and paid the bill we grabbed mums scooter and made our way upstairs to catch the monorail over to Magic Kingdom!

First stop is usually a round trip on the train but as its down for maintenance we make our way down Main Street, stopping on the way for a few pictures.

Once we walked up to the hub it was almost time for Dream Along with Mickey so we decided to stay and watch it.

While we were watching we noticed a guy dressed head to toe like Woody, an adult on his own. I thought guests weren't really allowed in wearing costumes? Either way, he looked fab so I snapped a pic.

After the show had finished it was just about time for the Move it, Shake it, Celebrate it, parade and as that's our favourite we watched that too, I even managed to get Sy onto the streets to dance with me (my mum did a lot of filming of this, maybe one of these days I'll get round to doing something with the videos lol). I was dragged off by one of the dancers and made the lead the conga line which was fun and kinda embarrassing at the same time, I wouldn't have minded so much but the rest of my family just walked away and left me! Thanks guys ;) He held onto my hand the whole way too so I couldn't even escape!

We had a fastpass for Jungle Cruise next so we went off in that direction. I really think this ride is all about the skipper, if you have a great one it can be the best ride in the park, if you have a bad one it feels like the longest 10 minutes of your life. Luckily our skipper was brilliant and had the whole boat laughing with the terrible jokes.

Once we were off the boat we went to grab a drink and wait to our friends Anna and Edwin. We had met them on our last trip and since kept in touch online, they were coming to meet us for a drink and to say hello. They live in Florida but not that close to Disney, it was the last day of their trip but they were coming back before we went home again so we got chance to meet up again twice more later in the holiday :)

We grabbed some seats and the guys went to get us some drinks from Sunshine Tree Terrace. We sat chatting for about 20 minutes I think before we had to head off again, not nearly long enough but we made up for it later in the trip! I forgot to get pics of us all together :( dammit.

Up next on the list was the Enchanted Tiki Room which was a first for our parents. I'm not sure they were convinced by it lol I love the nostalgia of it though :)

Afterwards was our next fastpass, Big Thunder Mountain! Anne didn't want to ride so the 5 of us went while she waited on a seat in the shade. The queue line here isn't suitable for wheelchairs so we couldn't go down the fastpass lane, instead they scanned our magic bands and took us to the disabled entrance which is round by the exit. (Just as a note, if we hadn't have had fastpasses they would have given a return time on either a DAS card or handed out a paper fastpass type thing).

Our next fastpass opened up while we were on BTM which was Splash. I love Splash, even if the song sounds like 'pretty good show us your bum' haha. Actually I might be warped and like it even more BECAUSE it sounds like that lol. We waved hello to Anne on her bench and went to ride Splash.

We decided to then make our way back to the hotel for a rest/swim so we headed out of the park and hopped on the monorail back to the Grand Floridian.

We picked up the car and drove back home to Kidani where we chilled for a bit and all got changed ready for a swim. I had been keeping in touch with my friend Carrie and I had managed to talk her into swinging by to say hello when she didn't really have time (oops!) so while our parents went ahead to the pool we went to meet her and give her the presents we had brought over for her.

Everyone but me and my mum were off to watch a basketball game this evening and when Carrie saw we were off for a swim she said we better hadn't as that the guys should really be going already so we said goodbye and headed back to the room having not made it to the pool! What a waste eh? I messaged our parents and they came back shortly after as well. Everyone rushed around getting ready and headed out to the game, Carrie had given directions to get there quickly and she was spot on, they made it there in time. Mum and I pottered about, the idea was we each were going to have a nap but neither of us did! Oh well! We both showered and washed our hair before hopping on the bus and heading to Hollywood Studios. We left at about 6:30pm and the bus was the first bus to arrive so we did well, we also had the entire bus to ourselves! Woohoo!

We decided to get food as we were both hungry so we headed down towards ToT and checked out all the different food places, there are so many choices down there we were bound to find something we both really wanted. And what did we eventually decide on? Chicken nuggets and fries. Something new and different for us ;) They were good though!

The plan was to watch Fantasmic but they had changed the time since I last checked and added in an extra show which had only just started and made the next show an hour later than I had planned :( Mum was really tired so we decided not to wait and instead catch it later in the trip. Instead we decided to take a little tour on our scooters. We went out of the park and drove all the way to Epcot via the Boardwalk, round World Showcase through the F&W crowds and to the front entrance to get on a bus back to AKL. It was really quite nice actually, I may hate having to use my scooter but there's no way I'd ever be able to cover that sort of distance without it so it does really give me some independence back. The bus arrived shortly after and we left again only half full. Back at Kidani I was in bed by 10pm. Everyone came back from basketball at about 11pm but I was fast asleep by then and didn't wake again till the next morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter