• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The One & Only Disneyland Hotel Wedding TR! - Day 2 Pt. 1 added (updated 6/7)

ghoulish delight

Mint juleps make me a very happy Anj, indeed!
:rotfl:

Okaaaayyy! So I know maybe SOMEWHERE among the boards there may exist one other trip report from a DLH wedding! However, I got your attention by implying it was exceptionally rare, right? ;)

For those who are unfamiliar, my name is Anjanette (Anj much of the time because it's easier, hehe) and my now husband is named Jason.

We just got married on May 8, 2010. :teeth: Seeing as there are so very few Disneyland brides on the DIS, I feel it is my duty to help out by posting my experience.

I hope that the details I share will be both beneficial or enjoyable for at least a few of you!

Trip Report Index!

The When & Where!

When: 5/8/2010

Where: Disneyland Hotel Rose Court Garden (ceremony), Dreams Lawn (pre-reception) and Sleeping Beauty Pavilion (reception).

Vendor Reviews!

DFTW Sales Manager: Cynthia Autry - 9.5/10 -Now, all this time I truthfully thought of her as my wedding coordinator. I didn't discover until a few weeks beforehand that she wouldn't be there on the day of with me being hands on. I knew she'd be there, but she said it would be mainly to supervise everything. For the entire 18 months we spent dealing with Cynthia, I adored her. She was very sweet and personable. She answered any questions we had with lightning speed, and was extremely accommodating. The only reason I'm rating her less than 10 is because she was sort of a ghost on our big day. This could simply be due to my own misunderstanding, however, it did disappoint me. All in all, I would undoubtedly recommend her and I'm glad we got to work with her.

DFTW Coordinator: Herta - 3/10 - We didn't meet our wedding coordinator until our rehearsal, and the first impression was not a good one. She was VERY impatient, rather rude and unassertive. We had a group of nearly 30 people and many of them were requiring her direction. It was very messy and beyond confusing. There was a wedding rehearsal immediately following ours and it seemed like her only aim was to power through ours so it wouldn't interfere with theirs. As if this doesn't sound awful enough, I was told that she would meet me in my bridal dressing room the morning of to pick up all the items I'd brought for the ceremony and reception. I saw her only once before she came to pick me up for staging!! I was ready to pull my hair out because Disney would not give me a contact number for her, it was 15 minutes before my wedding and much of my things were still not even taken. My MOH and another bridesmaid had to set up my table numbers and placecards! Ugh. At least she came to retrieve me in time I suppose. Also, after the ceremony her attitude changed drastically, and she was much nicer at least.

Disney Catering & Food Service - 10/10 - No complaints whatsoever. Everyone adored our food. They even tracked down the same mint julep syrup they use in the park so that our toasting beverage would be exactly what we wanted! The servers were very friendly, quick and good. Just perfect. :thumbsup2

Disney DJ: Reuben Sears - 10/10 - The only Disney vendor we chose to use was the DJ and we're so grateful we did! He was outstanding and couldn't have been a better match for Jason and I. His musical tastes were very similar to our own, and he played the perfect songs for our event. He was super outgoing, considerate, and genuine. He even gave us all the CDs he played for the day. He worked like clockwork and made the whole reception run seamlessly. Just awesome!

Photographer: Brian David & his wife Karen - 10/10 - I haven't yet received my professional photos but I have no doubt they will be flawless. These two are some of the sweetest, most energetic people I've ever met! First of all, they checked out the site on their own to see where would be good for shots. They even stayed the night before the wedding at the hotel and came to our rehearsal so they could see who would be there and where. I loved them! They were very patient and told us they would have taken photos with Jason and I all night had we not been too tired. :laughing: Highly highly recommend them!

Videographer: Placid Pictures, Bodie Smith & Anita - 10/10- Again, we haven't yet received their final product but we did receive a preview they made and sent to us while we were still away on our honeymoon. Judging from that preview and their extreme patience on the day, they score a perfect. We were only supposed to have them for 8 hours with the package we chose, and they were there from 7 or 8 in the morning to 6:30pm without one gripe! :goodvibes They were another set of good, talented people for sure!

Florist: Michael's Flower Girl - 10/10 - My flowers were ridiculously gorgeous. The florist was there early, set up everything despite any wedding coordinator there to give them direction and it was perfect. I felt the price we got all our floral for was very reasonable for what we actually got. And I was so happy with my bouquet, I made the decision after the wedding to get it preserved!

Harpist: Ted Nichelson - 10/10 - He was nothing less than amazing. He learned two songs that we had specially requested for our wedding. The only thing he asked was that we provide him with the sheet music for them so that he may learn it. Both songs were beautiful and having him added such class to our event. I'm so pleased we chose him!

Officiant: Mack Harris - 10/10 - Last but not least, is our officiant! Mack made everything very simple for us. He listened to our requests for how we wanted our ceremony to flow and had beautiful words of his own that he said. Wonderful and kind man. You can also tell he is very genuine in his spirituality, which was quite important to us!

A few teasers!

28688_1362346537020_1182275751_3097.jpg

28688_1362527501544_1182275751_3097.jpg

28688_1362359137335_1182275751_3097.jpg

cake1.jpg

And I posted it on my PJ, but here's the link to check out the preview video our videographer sent us: http://www.placidpictures.com/anjanette_jason.html.

I'm glad most of your vendors worked out well for you! I'm so sorry about your planner...I don't even know how I would have handled that! Luckily you had good bm's to help you out!

You look so gorgeous! I love your cake, and I cannot wait to see more pics :goodvibes

Congratulations!! You were such a beautiful bride! Your dress is gorgeous and I really like the how you're ceremony site and reception room looked.

I also loved hearing about the Disneyland side of DFTW! I love Disneyland and if we had more guests on the west coast, we would be doing ours there as well.

I'm glad most of your vendors worked out well for you! I'm so sorry about your planner...I don't even know how I would have handled that! Luckily you had good bm's to help you out!

You look so gorgeous! I love your cake, and I cannot wait to see more pics :goodvibes

Thanks muchly! I was so so grateful to have my BMs helping me out! If not for them, and my other capable vendors it probably would have been a hot mess. :lmao:

Sounds like I'll have pro photos real soon! Photographer told Jason possibly by tomorrow! Woohoo!

Congratulations!! You were such a beautiful bride! Your dress is gorgeous and I really like the how you're ceremony site and reception room looked.

I also loved hearing about the Disneyland side of DFTW! I love Disneyland and if we had more guests on the west coast, we would be doing ours there as well.

Aw, why thank you! :blush: We were extremely happy with how it all turned out! Now that DH and I have been to WDW, I feel like I can more properly follow all you DFTW brides out there too! It's better when you feel like you somewhat understand the logistics of the area. Hehe

Day 1 -- May 7, 2010

Ahh, the day before the day! Jason and I had hitched a ride with his sister (my MOH) and their stepdad, so we wouldn't need to fuss with a car. Once we magically fit ALL of our belongings, wedding related and luggage, into the car we were on our way! :cool2:

After we arrived at the hotel, we went straight to see if we were able to check in early. After much hassle at the front desk due to some confusion on the names of who was in each room, we were finally able to get our stuff to one.

Not long after getting situated in a room, it was time for us to get to our rehearsal. It was a wait before all of our wedding party and family made it down but we started immediately when they did. Our wedding coordinator had a hard time of getting everybody rounded up to hear what they should be doing... :headache: So we were instantly unimpressed. In fact, while we were waiting for everyone to arrive, she mentioned to me three separate times that there was a rehearsal RIGHT after our own also. Just so rude! :snooty: Oh well, thankfully everyone involved had either been in a wedding before or was already married. Lol, so we all knew the drill!

Here's my precious flowergirls!

28688_1362345136985_1182275751_3097.jpg

I'm pictured here complaining about the mess that was our rehearsal to my dad. :rotfl2:

28688_1362344976981_1182275751_3097.jpg

And my adorable/nervous groom!

28688_1362344936980_1182275751_3097.jpg

And me with all my girls!

28688_1362344816977_1182275751_3097.jpg

Once we figured we'd had it about as mastered as could be considering the circumstances, we went to our rehearsal dinner. We had our rehearsal dinner at the ESPN Zone in Downtown Disney. Which is literally a minute walk away from the ceremony site. Hehe. It just so happens that it's one of mine and Jason's favorite eateries up there too! So it was delicious and lots of fun, of course. ;) After dinner was over, we went for a walk with family and then I politely excused myself to try and get some sleep. Naturally, I think I only slept for 5 hours that night? Thank God for makeup!

yay! I am very excited to read your TR. I feel like is was not long ago when when I started reading your PJ! I'm sorry you had such issues with your rehearsal...thats annoying!

Yay! Excited to read your TR. That sucks that your planner was so rude the day of...since I haven't met mine either I'm kind of afraid that might happen to us too! Everything looked beautiful :goodvibes

Wow, your bouquet was rediculously gorgeous!! Have you already received it back preserved? Is the blue still as vibrant? It's beautiful!

yay! I am very excited to read your TR. I feel like is was not long ago when when I started reading your PJ! I'm sorry you had such issues with your rehearsal...thats annoying!

I know!! Isn't that insane? I do wonder where time goes! :scratchin I can't wait until your wedding! Soon I'll be reading your TR! :goodvibes

Yay! Excited to read your TR. That sucks that your planner was so rude the day of...since I haven't met mine either I'm kind of afraid that might happen to us too! Everything looked beautiful :goodvibes

Thanks for following along! :hug: And don't worry! I'm sure mine was a fluke. For all I know, she might be the best and was just having a crappy week or something! Lol. I'll send happy thoughts your way in hopes that your planner is nice and perfect for you guys though, just in case!

Wow, your bouquet was rediculously gorgeous!! Have you already received it back preserved? Is the blue still as vibrant? It's beautiful!

Why thank you, dear! My florist did an amazing job! I haven't gotten it back yet. It takes about a month but from what I understand, it should look pretty well the same! I'll post photos when I get it back though for sure. :thumbsup2

Hi there! I am fairly new to the boards so I wasn't with you during your planning, but I just wanted to let you know that your pictures are beautiful so far! I love your colour scheme and the flowers are beautiful! I'm getting married in WDW so your vendor reviews don't really apply, but they sound really helpful for those who are getting married at DL. Congratulations on your wedding!!

:headache: I'm sorry your rehearsal was such a mes. You would think that Disney would have it down to a science since they do so many of them!

I also love Disneyland's Downtown Disney and ESPN zone is one of my favorite restaurants there.

can't wait to hear more :wizard:

yey! Trip report!!!

loved the video, I also loved that when I clicked on your videographers website it plays 'Don't Stop Believin' I LOVE that song! lol

I'm sorry your wedding coordinator was in a bad mood and that rehearsal didn't go too smoothly, but it looks like everything turned out really great! I can't wait to see more!
:cool1:

Congratulations.

I'm happy for you that almost everything worked out so well (so many 10 out of 10s!). Looking forward to more.

:banana: YEAH! Trip Report!
I'm sorry that your coordinator was um...less than stellar...Strange Disney would do this...I'm glad that you had great people to help you and other vendors were great!
Can't wait to read more!!!

Thank you to all of you who are following along! :flower3: I posted some of the professional photo teasers in my siggie for now! Jason doesn't want me posting the full size pro pics until we give these photo frames we made up of our wedding photos to our family members. Just in case we've got any lurking family on here. :rolleyes1

In the meantime, tomorrow (erm, technically today?) is my 25th birthday and my sweet DH is taking me to see The Lion King musical for it! :woohoo: However, I promise that Day 2 will be up within the next several days for sure!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter