The Olympics

We had an awesome day at the tennis yesterday, se saw Laura and Andy in the quater finals, the womens single final, the mens double final, and the womens double semi final. We had brilliant seats right opposite the umpire.

Spent all day watching the Olympics today, sometimes with one event on the TV and another on the laptop. Team GB are doing so well. We keep trying to get more tickets but no luck so far although we do still have basketball to look forward to on Friday.

Oh, lucky you! I was glued to the tennis all day yesterday and today. Fantastic result for Team GB :thumbsup2

We're off to the Olympic Park on Thursday hopefully. :) Can't wait to see it all and soak up some atmosphere. Unlikely we'll get into any events but keeping our fingers crossed. Will enjoying just being there and watching things on the screens and seeing the store etc!

My Dad's at the velodrome today and even met two of the girls who won gold! I'm sooo jealous. He's heading over to watch GB in the hockey now. :)

torsie24 said:
We're off to the Olympic Park on Thursday hopefully. :) Can't wait to see it all and soak up some atmosphere. Unlikely we'll get into any events but keeping our fingers crossed. Will enjoying just being there and watching things on the screens and seeing the store etc!

My Dad's at the velodrome today and even met two of the girls who won gold! I'm sooo jealous. He's heading over to watch GB in the hockey now. :)

That's amazing that your dad got to meet two girls who won gold! So lucky! Thursday is meant to be really hot in London so you should get some great weather!

Do let me know whereabouts how much the tickets are if you get any. I looked online but didn't have much luck. I really want to head down one day soon- perhaps even for the Paralympics. :)

so pleased our show jumping team won gold after 60 years!

Usain Bolt was just awesom yesterday, it takes me 10 seconds to just get off the sofa:rotfl:

Another numb bum again today :rolleyes: but who cares when we got yet another gold :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: well done to Team GB for making history today when they won the dressage. So proud of our riders and their horses. :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Another numb bum again today :rolleyes: but who cares when we got yet another gold :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: well done to Team GB for making history today when they won the dressage. So proud of our riders and their horses. :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

I had tears in my eyes watching our dressage bloke Carl Hester..how fantastic was he and his horse. What a fab team they all were. :cheer2:
I used to do a bit of dressage but nothing like that standard just about managed an extended trot and reinback:rotfl: etc. Also my horse was a failed police horse, he didn't like crowds so didn't pass his test:)and neither me nor Shamus had the body for dressage, he was more of a 'show me a jump and I'll jump' kinda of horse!

GO TEAM GB

That's amazing that your dad got to meet two girls who won gold! So lucky! Thursday is meant to be really hot in London so you should get some great weather!

Do let me know whereabouts how much the tickets are if you get any. I looked online but didn't have much luck. I really want to head down one day soon- perhaps even for the Paralympics. :)

I got tickets last night for tomorrows womens basketball USA v Australia. If you have twitter you should follow @2012ticketalert as it is an automated programme which updates when tickets are available.

That helped me get Cat A seats for tomorrow. I'm excited centre of the court, five rows from the front. :) Good luck hope you can get tickets

As far as we are aware no Olympic park tickets are available for the 2nd week due to the athletics starting and the park will have an increased capacity. They were £10 if you were lucky to get one the 1st week.

Try for the Paralympics though as Olympic Park tickets are listed but it is a case of keep trying. Rumour has it most tickets are listed around 9.30-10pm each night.

You might be lucky with getting basketball tickets as its now moved to North Greenwich arena (O2 arena) so will increase capacity.

We were lucky that the medical team let us into the basketball yesterday & we got to see 3/4 of the match between Russia & Turkey which was an exciting game with Russia just pipping it at the very end.

ETA: Just checked on the 2012 ticket site & no Olympic park tickets are available for any remaining dates.

Thanks Nikki,

We aren't buying tickets, will be added to a guest list, as my Dad's friends with one of the main organisers.

Not sure I can take the day off tomorrow though, so might go to a few weekend Paralympic events as we can get into any of those we fancy.

Anybody still looking for tickets, don’t not give up yet.
We were at the rowing at Eton Dornay on Friday & had such a great day that we decided that we had to try & get to something in the Olympic Park on Sunday.

A friend of ours managed to get hockey tickets for last Friday late on Thursday evening on the official ticket site.
I started looking on Saturday morning & events would come up but when I tried to buy them they had gone.
Perseverance paid off in the end though, when I checked the site again at 18:30 I managed to get two tickets for the men’s 100m final, they were category A so not cheap but you can’t put a price on a once in a lifetime experience & they were worth every penny in my opinion.
The Olympic Park was amazing on Sunday, we wondered about taking in all of the sites & just enjoyed the buzz, the stadium was amazing & when we got to our seats & realised that we were on the front row by the track.
The whole evening was amazing but the atmosphere in the lead up to the 100m final was incredible, you could have heard a pin drop before the race started, Bolt & Blake were two feet away from us when they were celebrating at the end.

Tickets for the next day’s events are released from 6pm, my advice is to be online & signed in to the official ticket site at or around that time. If you entered the ballot or have purchased other tickets they will have your Visa card details so all you will be asked for is the 3 digit code on the signature strip if you are lucky.
You have to be quick, suss out which event you want & when it appears go for it & don’t mess about, if you linger or take your time the tickets will be gone.
There are some of the cheaper tickets available but from what I have heard the majority of them are tickets that were offered for sale to sponsors & or the Olympic family & which have not been purchased, so they tend to be the more expensive ones.

Having been lucky enough to see two events at two different venue's, I can honestly say that the atmosphere & general feel good vibe was something I have never experienced before & probably won’t again at a sporting event, my only fear is that any sporting event we go to now will be a let-down.
Good luck everyone.

Thanks Nikki,

We aren't buying tickets, will be added to a guest list, as my Dad's friends with one of the main organisers.

Not sure I can take the day off tomorrow though, so might go to a few weekend Paralympic events as we can get into any of those we fancy.

Awesome, shame if you can't go as its amazing experience. If your dad knows anyone from Samsung ask why have they made it so hard to get the pin badges:lmao:

Another good day for us - FIRST EVER women's boxing medal as well as the dressage. :thumbsup2

My son went to watch the triathlon in Hyde Park the other day and he's gone today to watch the swimming at the Serpentine. He is planning on going to watch the marathon on Sunday too - he's got the bug.

We are just doing so well. The games have been spectacular. The organisers have done such a brilliant job.

I actually cried when we won the gold in dressage today. Its such a beautiful sport to watch. The music for the dressage was genius.

I actually cried when we won the gold in dressage today. Its such a beautiful sport to watch. The music for the dressage was genius.

So did I - first of all I blubbed my way through Laura's, then started off again for Carl and as for Charlotte's, it's a miracle I could see!!

What a wonderful day. :cloud9:

I've just got back from a holiday in Sorrento. The only English speaking TV channel we had was CNN (we were meant to be able to get BBC World too but couldn't.)

Somehow I don't think CNN had any rights to show live Olymic action as when we decided to watch Usane Bolt's race their coverage consisted of a live reporter at a Jamacain party in London and camera views of the crowd watching the race on TV!! How bizare??!!

Luckily we found another channel showing the race - you don't need an English commentary to understand a 20 second race.

I have had an amazing 2 and half weeks working at the games & sad its all finished.

Team GB and London 2012 have done us proud:thumbsup2

So sad it's all over... The worst part was when the Olympic flame was extinguished :(

Will the opening and closing ceremonies to the Paralympics be as good? We really regret not going to an event. My great aunt went to the opening ceremony and it apparently it cost het £150 to get in. Ouch.

I've never been a great sports fan but I have been to the basket ball qualifiers, had the cycling go past my street and been glued to the tv at times.

Now I feel like I do coming home from WDW - very deflated and shedding an occassional tear.

It was an amazing time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter