• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The official word is out on Delta luggage

I carry medical supplies ( I do home dialysis) in a carry-on. This bag is not included in my limit of carry on luggage. I do have a written " Need of Medical Supplies" that I carry in the bag. I carry 15+ # of liquid soulutin and the supplies needed to do safe and clean transfers. I also include my Meds in same carry on. (I am not charged extra for this carry on.) I also have a small suit case that has additional supplies that is checked and is not charged for if.)

My husband uses an electric wheelchair that is transported for free. He additionally carries his meds in a carry-on.

I will not like having to have one bag for my clothes and personal items. But, I pack way to many clothes when traveling anyway. Additionally --shoes seem to be my downfall. I sure hope some one posts some good packing ideas or I am gonna have to start dressing in layers when I travel via air. I wonder how many pants i could wear at one time and still walk around without looking like a robot. Oh, well I can do laundry if needed.

just ordered my space bags :thumbsup2 with hopes to condence our 4 checked bags down to two:rotfl2:

now to figure out how much stuff I can stuff into our carry-on's:grouphug:

just ordered my space bags :thumbsup2 with hopes to condence our 4 checked bags down to two:rotfl2: ....

I have those as well. I recommend you weigh your luggage on the bathroom scales before you leave. Depending on what's in those Space Bags, it could pop you over the weight limit, and that's MUCH more expensive ($80) than having a 2nd piece of luggage ($25). :)

Has anyone heard if this applies to checking carseats. DH is military so occasionally I have to travel alone w/2 children under 5. Since right now I am only having to buy two tickets I can check 2 bags and 2 carseats. But with this I can only check 1 bag and 1 carseat or 2 carseats and no bag? Not cool!

Amanda

Delta & Northwest are merging.

true, but this was just an annocuement. It has to pass the shareholders, unions, and congress before it becomes offical. I say maybe by the Holidays the merger will be done.

if you use disney's online checkin on the boat and you go over your 1 bag, who and when do they collect the $25 for the extra bag? :confused3

just ordered my space bags :thumbsup2 with hopes to condence our 4 checked bags down to two:rotfl2:

now to figure out how much stuff I can stuff into our carry-on's:grouphug:

Be very careful. It will be easy to exceed the weight limit if you use the space bags and the charge for overweight bags is substantially more than the charge for an extra bag.

Has anyone heard if this applies to checking carseats. DH is military so occasionally I have to travel alone w/2 children under 5. Since right now I am only having to buy two tickets I can check 2 bags and 2 carseats. But with this I can only check 1 bag and 1 carseat or 2 carseats and no bag? Not cool!

Amanda

This depends on the airline. Some do not count checked car seats against your free allowance, so you would be OK. Others count the seat as a checked bag and it would cost you $25 in the scenario you outlined. You should check the policies of the specific airline on which you are flying.

I don't think a passenger leaving his seat to use the lavatory is going to affect the weight of a jet. A second bag does affect the weight, which necessitates more fuel.

Actually, I do not think that is the heart of the matter. It is a space/weight matter for many of the airlines because space for passengers' bags is at a premium. When you fly, you are flying on top of a LOT of other "stuff" that the airline is carrying. They can charge a lot more to carry cargo for businesses than they can profit from when carrying our bags.

An extra bag means less space to parcel out for extra carrying.

At least that is what one of my airline friends told me.

It seems to make sense.

When the bottom line is the dollar and the customer potentially gets in the way of making that dollar, that customer is going to be forced to make up the difference...

if you use disney's online checkin on the boat and you go over your 1 bag, who and when do they collect the $25 for the extra bag? :confused3

Do you think they would charge you $25 x 2 at your departing city knowing what you take on a round trip is likely coming back home with you? :confused3

This depends on the airline. Some do not count checked car seats against your free allowance, so you would be OK. Others count the seat as a checked bag and it would cost you $25 in the scenario you outlined. You should check the policies of the specific airline on which you are flying.
Take it to the gate. I know I check car seats and strollers all the time when people are boarding. So this may help.

Do you think they would charge you $25 x 2 at your departing city knowing what you take on a round trip is likely coming back home with you? :confused3

Nope. Sorry for such a simple answer.

Any info on this?? I have a similar question, can you check the second bag and pay the fee at your resort or do you have to take the second bag to MCO and check it since there is a fee??

Oh that is a good question!! I need to know too..I will have an extra bag as well...anyone know the answer?????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter