*The Official VILLAS AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*

Getting ready for my 60 days next week and looking to book 2 days of cabanas. Does anyone know if they will apply the DVC discount if I call the WDW-PLAY line at 7 instead of waiting for DVC MS to open at 8? Last time we booked them, WDW-PLAY couldn't apply the discount and I ended up having to ask the cabana CM who applied the discount for us the day of.

I called this week (PLAY number) to try and reserve a cabana. They were all gone by the time I called. We are only a month out (I just now decided I might want one lol). But I did book a poolside patio and asked about the DVC discount and she said it wasn’t showing as available but I could wait and check with MS about the discount later and they could apply it to my rental if it was available.

I called this week (PLAY number) to try and reserve a cabana. They were all gone by the time I called. We are only a month out (I just now decided I might want one lol). But I did book a poolside patio and asked about the DVC discount and she said it wasn’t showing as available but I could wait and check with MS about the discount later and they could apply it to my rental if it was available.
I was told last time I called WDW Play that the discount only applied to cabanas and not the poolside patios, but come back and let us know if you find out otherwise!

Do you mean the original building or BPK, the new resort studios one?

You could practically dive out a BPK window and land in the main courtyard pool. It's close.

The original is not a long walk by Disney standards, maybe 1-2 city blocks.

Do you mean the original building or BPK, the new resort studios one?

You could practically dive out a BPK window and land in the main courtyard pool. It's close.

The original is not a long walk by Disney standards, maybe 1-2 city blocks.
Sorry meant the original building

Red Shingles Restored as Refurbishment of Sago Cay Building Continues at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort

1682279306703.jpeg

Hello Everyone! New GF DVC owner here! My wife and I are so excited to eventually get to stay here. We have a young son and am so excited to share the happiness of Disney throughout his childhood!
:welcome:again! I’ll be happy to add you to the Owners List on Page 1!

Hello Everyone! New GF DVC owner here! My wife and I are so excited to eventually get to stay here. We have a young son and am so excited to share the happiness of Disney throughout his childhood!
We just added on too.

We stayed last October in BPK in a resort studio for a few days and it was terrific. The look on my wife’s face when we walked into that room was the happiest I had seen on her other than possibly our wedding day and the days when the kids were born.

Hi folks - looking to buy either here or RIV. Leaving here.

Can you let me know how long the walk is from the DVC room area to the boat pick up for transport to MK? Hard to tell from the map.

Also - has anyone found the walk to the main area been an issue for getting dinner for the room/snacks back tot he room etc. ? Thanks!

Can you let me know how long the walk is from the DVC room area to the boat pick up for transport to MK? Hard to tell from the map.

Also - has anyone found the walk to the main area been an issue for getting dinner for the room/snacks back tot he room etc. ? Thanks!

The walk from the original building is between 5 and 7 minutes, and closer to 5 from BPK. And it’s similar to get to the main building from the original building, but can get there all under covered walkways if its raining.

For BPK, it’s really quick but no cover between the two.

Depends which building you stay in. Big Pine Key, where the resort studios are, is pretty close to the boat dock. You just head toward Narcoosees and veer left; dock is close between Sugar Loaf and Narcoosees as you've likely seen on the map. Really not far at all.

The original VGF (deluxe studios, 1br+) will take about 4 city blocks to wind around the courtyard pool some. It's a more roundabout walk.

Don't really know as we eat in rather than carrying out. All the villas now have microwaves, so if anything gets cold on the trek back to yours, you can just nuke it a tad.

Always enjoy this thread and thinking about being at VGF. Ah, so relaxing. On my last visit, I put family up here and stayed at BLT. Generally I do a split stay because I love each property!

I’ve owned since 2020 so please add me to the roster!

Always enjoy this thread and thinking about being at VGF. Ah, so relaxing. On my last visit, I put family up here and stayed at BLT. Generally I do a split stay because I love each property!

I’ve owned since 2020 so please add me to the roster!
:welcome: Happy to add you!

Just called WDW-PLAY to book my cabanas and only one of my days had availability :sad:. I'm contemplating booking the patios for the other day but they are really for my in-laws. Perhaps I will just book spa appointments for my MIL on that day instead. As for the discount, he couldn't apply it for me but did say that I can bring my DVC card/ID and ask the CM to do it for me when I check-in on cabana day.

Edited to add that the price was $318.44, check-in at 10am.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter