• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The official Universal app- battery drain- check settings

bchbetha

DIS Veteran
Just a heads up re. the (very helpful!) official Universal resort Orlando app- check your location settings. On day 1 at the park, I noticed my iPhone 6 battery was draining faster than normal and that location services turned on when using the app (which makes sense). I don't regularly use location services as it kills my battery so after I would check wait times, I'd kill the app. Each day at the park, same problem with my battery. As we were packing to leave, my phone popped up with a notification that the app was always using my location not just when the app was in use. So, if you get the app (which I recommend), review your settings if you find your battery is rapidly dwindling. You can change your preference to only have location services on when using the app. It's no fun to have your phone die at the park. You could plan ahead with a little portable charger too though.

thanks for sharing what you experienced and how you solved the problem.

many peeps end up with a dead phone at the end of the day in the parks.
me included.

Actually thank you for this..I am NOT in Florida at the moment but have the app on my phone ( my daughter likes to look at it)..My battery had been draining ridiculously fast the last couple of weeks..Sure enough, it is the Universal app doing it .

I had the same problem last year! Our phones were dying within 3 hours!!! This year I put my i phone on the low battery mode and it was MUCH better!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter