The Official T-Rex Cafe Thread!

We just came back on Sunday. We got to take pictures with the huge dinosaur out front. Missed the opening by two days!!! Looks like Rainforest but with dinosaurs. My DS5 loved it and is very excited. They do have a Build a Dino. Saw the sign out front. Thought it was Build A Bear. It has a big safari truck/theme out front. The outside is covered with rocks, like a mountain top on the top and big dinosaur "fossil" from one end of the restaurant to the other. We got some great pictures with my son out front. All the lights were on. Could see someone working on display inside. Can't wait to hear how the food was. Ate at Rainforest... not so good.

Has anyone tried the T-Rex Cafe? If so, what did you order and what did you think about the food/service/atmosphere, etc. Thanks.

As far as I know, T Rex Cafe is not open yet. Supposed to be later this month or maybe next month.

The T-Rex Cafe officially opens tomorrow 10/14. I was told there would be T-Rex worker previews this evening to test the kitchen, wait staff, and food perparation before opening to the public tomorrow.

No ADRs are accepted at this time, only walk-ups. ADRs are supposed to start sometime in January. Some have reported calling Landry's directly to try and make a reservation, but I don't know if they've been successful.

We just came back on Sunday. We got to take pictures with the huge dinosaur out front. Missed the opening by two days!!! Looks like Rainforest but with dinosaurs. My DS5 loved it and is very excited. They do have a Build a Dino. Saw the sign out front. Thought it was Build A Bear. It has a big safari truck/theme out front. The outside is covered with rocks, like a mountain top on the top and big dinosaur "fossil" from one end of the restaurant to the other. We got some great pictures with my son out front. All the lights were on. Could see someone working on display inside. Can't wait to hear how the food was. Ate at Rainforest... not so good.

Do you have any pictures to share? Like I said, food will not be a major concern. I expect little - but am really excited to see what it looks like.

You know I just started writing a reply, and then I realized that you're right, it doesnt open til tomorrow. DUH! Well if anyone tries it....give us a review. Thanks!:confused: :ssst:

They haven't been successful in making reservations. Landry's isn't taking any for now.

There are reports that T-Rex won't take ADRs through WDW-DINE when they do begin taking reservations. Any reservations would have to be made through T-Rex directly.

Rainforest Cafe at DTD follows the same procedure. (The RFC at AK takes ADRs through Disney.)

I think I read that they may also take that Safari Club card that RFC offers

We went to the TREX cafe in Kansas. The atmosphere is a must and is a reason to go by itself!! I don't really remember anything about the food. If you like Rainforest Cafe, you'll LOVE TRex Cafe!! and I would imagine that the TRex Cafe (atmosphere/theming) at DTD will be even better than the one in Kansas!!!

Has anyone tried the T-Rex Cafe? If so, what did you order and what did you think about the food/service/atmosphere, etc. Thanks.

I've eaten at the Kansas City location on many occasions and remember being quite pleased with the fish tacos and also loved the sampler platter appetizer that I eat as a meal (this one got a lot of attention from neighboring tables as well). Service was fine and overall I prefer the atmosphere at Rainforest Cafe over T-Rex. The show at RFC is better, more defined, and seems more imersive.

This is a great idea! We'll have a 7 year old boy with us on this trip. I'll ask his mom if he likes dinosaurs! Thanks so much for posting about the T-RexCafe!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter