The Official Star Wars Celebration/Last Tour of Endor Planning Thread!

I'm staying at POFQ and this first piece of news makes me VERY unhappy. I specifically picked there because of the transportation. Nowhere does it say it's only once in the am and once at night. I have a 2 year old and was intending to leave midday with him while dh stayed the rest of the day. Now what am I supposed to do? I don't want to take a taxi or rent a car bc I didnt want to have to worry about a carseat.

I'm not sure if it is only going to be once in the am and once in the pm. It could be continuous bus routes throughout the day with you only getting to ride once there and once back. The CM didn't explain it other than to say it would be explained at check-in.

I hope things work out for you, although my kids are grown, I know what a 2yr old can be like. :headache:

Just to let you all know.......

I was curious about the complimentary transportation from POFQ to the convention so I called Disney.

My question was, is the transportation provided for Saturday only or is it for the duration of the convention?

Their answer was that complimentary transportation was being provided as 1 trip there and 1 trip return per day. The CM said that transportation would be explained when we check in.

I was looking forward to using the Disney transportation, since I will be spending so much time driving to WDW. I may consider driving to the convention myself. :confused3

I'm also curious what some of you may think. Is there anyone staying at POFQ for the Last Tour to Endor party and convention? And what were your plans as far as getting to the convention?

Is the complimentary transportation offered to everyone or is it part of a special package you booked? We're trying to figure out the best way to get over to the convention center.

My partner and I will arrive at POFQ on 8/07/10 and we check out to drive home on 8/15/10. Originally we were leaving on the 14th, but the Last Tour to Endor event sounded too good to pass up, so we extended our stay an extra night.

We have no intention of attending the convention because we are bigger Disney geeks than we are Star Wars geeks. We have a great park itinerary planned with lots of great stuff to do at WDW without killing ourselves in the heat. Just 33 days to go! :banana:

Is the complimentary transportation offered to everyone or is it part of a special package you booked? We're trying to figure out the best way to get over to the convention center.

I'm not sure. The transportation is only mentioned in the special room deal I booked. Although they may not be checking any tickets or passes to use the tansportation. I would say that if you are staying at POFQ you will be able to use the bus to the convention. I don't think they would not let you on, but it is just my guess. Also as far as I know POFQ is the only Disney resort offering transportation, but I could be wrong about that as well.

Disney scheduled all this to coincide with the convention to bring as many people from the convention onto Disney property as possible. I don't think they will make it difficult to go back and forth.

I am only going to the convention on Sunday and with all the stuff I will probably bring back with me, it may be better for me to just drive there.

Does anyone know if there'll be any more information released about Last Tour to Endor before the event? I'm mostly curious to know if TSMM will be open that night. If not, I might have to change my plans to include DHS rather than MK so we can ride TSMM before it shuts down!

I also wish there would be more info about the party to just tell us what's going on! And is there going to be a parade - will it include stars that will be at the convention? WE WANT INFO!

Does anyone know if there'll be any more information released about Last Tour to Endor before the event? I'm mostly curious to know if TSMM will be open that night. If not, I might have to change my plans to include DHS rather than MK so we can ride TSMM before it shuts down!

TSMM is scheduled to close on the 16th. It should still be open for the Last Tour Party on the 14th.

TSMM is scheduled to close on the 16th. It should still be open for the Last Tour Party on the 14th.

I know that TSMM will still be open through in general (and I'm going to make an effort to get to DHS around 4 on the day of LTtE if necessary so we can ride it), I was asking because I've read that at other hard ticketed events, particularly ones focused on one ride such as this one, Disney may decide to only open certain areas of the park, or only to operate certain rides and not others. I hope they let us know in advance!

I know that TSMM will still be open through in general (and I'm going to make an effort to get to DHS around 4 on the day of LTtE if necessary so we can ride it), I was asking because I've read that at other hard ticketed events, particularly ones focused on one ride such as this one, Disney may decide to only open certain areas of the park, or only to operate certain rides and not others. I hope they let us know in advance!

Oh.....Ok......I'm sorry I misunderstod you. I was a little confused about your post. If Disney would close a certain part of the park for the party, I don't think they would do it until the start of the party so to not upset the regular visitors. I plan on being there at 4, we ADR for 5:00 at Hollywood & Vine!!

Yeah, I know they wouldn't close of parts of the park while it's still open to normal visitors, that'd be really unfair. I'm hoping to get there as early as possible on the 14th but unfortunately it clashes with the day George Lucas is at Celebration, so obviously that comes first!

Yeah, I know they wouldn't close of parts of the park while it's still open to normal visitors, that'd be really unfair. I'm hoping to get there as early as possible on the 14th but unfortunately it clashes with the day George Lucas is at Celebration, so obviously that comes first!

How did you find out George was there Saturday? What times are the Jon Stewart interviews, do you know? I haven't seen that info anywhere!

Have you found a schedule for the convention? I have seen nothing in regards to when anything is taking place. DH is checking on his geek sites every day and hasn't said anything. He knows I'm dying to plan out the convention days. Please share if you know something! :goodvibes

OK, I'm never trusting information from my boyfriend again! He told me it was on Saturday, but I just asked and he said that it was a presumption that people on a message board were making because the Saturday tickets are more expensive than tickets for other days. I'd prefer it to be another day just because we'll probably be queueing FOREVER for that show, and Saturday will be a long day anyway with LTtE. I hope they announce the schedule soon!

And Tricia, aside from LTtE I'm letting my boyfriend plan what we're doing for the whole convention. I'm organising our Disney days and I've pretty much booked the whole holiday, so it's quite nice to have a break from the responsibility. I suppose I'll have to see what I'm like when we get there though!

OK, I'm never trusting information from my boyfriend again! He told me it was on Saturday, but I just asked and he said that it was a presumption that people on a message board were making because the Saturday tickets are more expensive than tickets for other days. I'd prefer it to be another day just because we'll probably be queueing FOREVER for that show, and Saturday will be a long day anyway with LTtE. I hope they announce the schedule soon!

And Tricia, aside from LTtE I'm letting my boyfriend plan what we're doing for the whole convention. I'm organising our Disney days and I've pretty much booked the whole holiday, so it's quite nice to have a break from the responsibility. I suppose I'll have to see what I'm like when we get there though!

DH is pretty much planning our convention days too. Disney is up to me. DH couldn't get all of our vacation time off so I am going for a few days solo and doing Disney. DH still wants to do Disney too so we will be heading to the parks at night or for a few hours during the day depending on what the convention schedule looks like.

I'm the planner bc it's just the way I am. I'm going to be the "line stander" while dh goes around with our son because there is NO WAY our DS will be able to stand in line that long at two years old. I'm debating whether it will be just dh or all three of us going into the George lucas interview because, although I would love to see it, I don't want my son to ruin it for others. It will depend on how he is doing that day, KWIM? I truly hope George is either friday or saturday as they are the only two days i booked and we are coming in thursday night bc of work. if it's sunday, I guess I'll have to buy that ticket as our flight doesn't leave until 6:45 pm.

BTW, I just assumed sat and sun were more expensive bc it was the weekend.

Hey... is there anyone on here that bought a stay at POFQ not planning on using the after 4:00 pass they get?

I might be interested in purchasing it:wizard:

1.) Making a big solo trip down for convention and birthday
2.) I get to stay at the POR, still part of the convention booking but havent seen many people get those most are stuck with FQ instead.
3.) Definately going to be down from 10 to 16 just to get away from work for alittle while finally.
4.) Already ordered tickets for both events and got the last tour one awhile ago just waiting for the other to mail out.

Never have been to a convention before so its going to be interesting, but im also looking forward to getting some drinks and relaxing while im there, maybe going to the corona cigar bar, was thinking of going somewhere like Shula's on birthday just don't know if its worth the price especially going there alone.

AND LUKE SKYWALKER IS COMING!!!!!!!!! :cool1:

But I don't see when the George Lucas event is on - does anyone else?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter