** The Official September 2012 Thread **

I can't believe we leave tomorrow! We've had a number of disruptions the last few days, including my BF getting sick, so there's been a bit more worry than excitement going on. But now that I'm making my final to-do list, I really can't wait to get to Orlando!

I took a 1 day trip to Walt Disney World this weekend - I was in the Magic Kingdom all day Sunday - I had a blast!!

It was VERY HOT - they said it was about 91 degrees. No rain.

What can you do in 1 day?? EVERYTHING YOU WANT!

My friend and his wife are cast members, and they set me up with a meet and greet with Goofy and some princesses - it was nothing short than incredible. They were all so nice, and I was literally in tears. I'm an emotional guy, and Goofy means a lot to me - there's a connection there that relates to my father, who passed away in March. So meeting Goofy is a HUGE event for me. I have wonderful photos to remember this moment.

I was provided 4 fast passes from the fast pass plus program, and they were a HUGE help throughout the day! I'm so grateful for being selected.

I rode many of my favorite rides, and some that I haven't been on since I was a kid - and I loved it all. I enjoyed the afternoon Celebrate a Dream Come True parade, and the late night Electrical Parade. I got to enjoy my first Dole whip (pineapple, for those wondering), and had a Chicago style hot dog at Casey's at midnight. I closed the park at 1:00 am, and got up at 6:30 am for my flight home. (Yes, I used the hotel room for less than 6 hours!)

Would I do it again? ABSOLUTELY. I'd go every other week for 1 day if I could.

While heading to get my photo taken with Mickey and Minnie (another HUGE moment!) I saw a little girl who was part of the "Make a Wish" foundation, getting ready for a parade. It really touched my heart, I could only hope that this girl, and many like her, will have a wonderful time on this trip, and I hope they get to come back, again and again.

We are so lucky, those of us who can reasonably expect that we'll take another vacation in the future. For those kids, this trip may be their last. Why have I been to Disney World 7 times in the past 4 years? Because I can. Because I love it there, and because I never know when my most recent trip will be my last.

When my friend and I stepped off of the monorail and were walking up to the Magic Kingdom gate, he turned to me and said "Welcome Home." He was right - I was home.

Mike.

I took a 1 day trip to Walt Disney World this weekend - I was in the Magic Kingdom all day Sunday - I had a blast!!

My friend and his wife are cast members, and they set me up with a meet and greet with Goofy and some princesses - it was nothing short than incredible. They were all so nice, and I was literally in tears. I'm an emotional guy, and Goofy means a lot to me - there's a connection there that relates to my father, who passed away in March. So meeting Goofy is a HUGE event for me. I have wonderful photos to remember this moment.

I was provided 4 fast passes from the fast pass plus program, and they were a HUGE help throughout the day! I'm so grateful for being selected.

I rode many of my favorite rides, and some that I haven't been on since I was a kid - and I loved it all. I enjoyed the afternoon Celebrate a Dream Come True parade, and the late night Electrical Parade. I got to enjoy my first Dole whip (pineapple, for those wondering), and had a Chicago style hot dog at Casey's at midnight. I closed the park at 1:00 am, and got up at 6:30 am for my flight home. (Yes, I used the hotel room for less than 6 hours!)

While heading to get my photo taken with Mickey and Minnie (another HUGE moment!) I saw a little girl who was part of the "Make a Wish" foundation, getting ready for a parade. It really touched my heart, I could only hope that this girl, and many like her, will have a wonderful time on this trip, and I hope they get to come back, again and again.

We are so lucky, those of us who can reasonably expect that we'll take another vacation in the future. For those kids, this trip may be their last. Why have I been to Disney World 7 times in the past 4 years? Because I can. Because I love it there, and because I never know when my most recent trip will be my last.

When my friend and I stepped off of the monorail and were walking up to the Magic Kingdom gate, he turned to me and said "Welcome Home." He was right - I was home.

Mike.
Wow, what a great summary! I totally agree with everything you've written. Our shortest Disney stay was two nights (1 MVMCP and 1 full day in the parks). That was the trip that made me realize ANY size Disney vacation is a wonderful treat. And I agree that those of us who expect to go back in the future are very blessed, and we will continue to return as long as we are able!

And, yes, the phrase Welcome Home definitely takes on more meaning the more you go. It does become a second home!

ETA: Sorry to hear about your father. My DH lost his father in March a couple of years ago. I'm glad you were able to capture some new memories during this trip.

Mike.

Beautiful, heatfelt note. I agree with you and the PP.

Can't wait to get there - it is getting harder to concentrate as the day goes on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter