• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The official Quebec, Saguenay and Baie-Comeau cruise ports thread!

Just booked an Air Canada Economy Flex (1st checked bag free, no charge to pick your seat)--one way from Washington Dulles (IAD) to Quebec for $323 including taxes. Was about 50 dollars cheaper two weeks ago; argh! should have booked then!

FYI: When choosing flight from the US, don't forget that if you have a connection in Canada before getting to Quebec, you have to clear customs on your first arrival in Canada, not when you get to Quebec. So leave enough time between your connections; the custom/immigration lines in some airports can be long and/or your next gate might be in another terminal. Or your first flight could arrive late. For example, we are connecting in Montreal and will have to go through customs/immigration there before going to our gate for the flight to Quebec. You usually DON"T have to pick up your checked bag(s); they will just be loaded onto your next flight.

Just booked an Air Canada Economy Flex (1st checked bag free, no charge to pick your seat)--one way from Washington Dulles (IAD) to Quebec for $323 including taxes. Was about 50 dollars cheaper two weeks ago; argh! should have booked then!

FYI: When choosing flight from the US, don't forget that if you have a connection in Canada before getting to Quebec, you have to clear customs on your first arrival in Canada, not when you get to Quebec. So leave enough time between your connections; the custom/immigration lines in some airports can be long and/or your next gate might be in another terminal. Or your first flight could arrive late. For example, we are connecting in Montreal and will have to go through customs/immigration there before going to our gate for the flight to Quebec. You usually DON"T have to pick up your checked bag(s); they will just be loaded onto your next flight.

If I am not mistaken, Flex is more practical than Tango if you need to reschedule too. I always book Tango because the tickets are cheaper but when I needed to reschedule, it cost me as much as a new ticket!

The info regarding connections in Montreal are correct, you will need to go through customs there.

Which Air lines is that? I'm shocked you found flights that cheap!
I just put flight on hold with AA 136.00 one way. Leaves at 12.35am is the only downfall. As soon as I booked it went back to over 200. You have to check airline sites multiple times a day if you're shopping. Originally I was looking at United, but I can't pay with miles on them since I never fly on them.

Last edited:

Which flight did you pick? We live a few miles from Dulles and I still need to book for my wife and I.

Last edited:
I just put flight on hold with AA 136.00 one way. Leaves at 12.35am is the only downfall. As soon as I booked it went back to over 200. You have to check airline sites multiple times a day if you're shopping. Originally I was looking at United, but I can't pay with miles on them since I never fly on them.

I don't know if it's the same in the US but here, you have to delete your caches and cookies if you look at airlines websites twice because they will make the prices higher the next time you check.

I don't know if it's the same in the US but here, you have to delete your caches and cookies if you look at airlines websites twice because they will make the prices higher the next time you check.
I know hotels will do that I didn't think about airlines. I'll remember that.

Which flight did you pick? We live a few miles from Dulles and I still need to book for my wife and I.

CM DAD, we are flying into Quebec on Monday September 24 for a three night stay before boarding the Magic. We are on the 9:00 am (AC8175) out of IAD, arriving Montreal at 10:42; the connection (AC8712) leaves at 1:25 into Quebec at 2:16. It's about a 2 and 1/2 hour layover but since we have to clear customs/immigration and get to the next gate, we like to leave enough time, especially if the first flight arrives late. We had a near-miss connection in Canada a while ago getting stuck in the customs/immigration line.

Does anyone know if they will be doing a Pirate night on these cruises? I am doing back-to-back cruises and wanted to book Palo dinner on one of the Pirate's night.

Does anyone else have the feeling after the paid in full date for these 2 cruises pass Disney is going to have a guaranteed rate better than the ones that are posted now? I have a feeling it will happen. Really nothing we can do if you are definitely going. Price could go up but I doubt it. DCL one way cruises that are not repo cruises don’t sell good.

Does anyone else have the feeling after the paid in full date for these 2 cruises pass Disney is going to have a guaranteed rate better than the ones that are posted now? I have a feeling it will happen. Really nothing we can do if you are definitely going. Price could go up but I doubt it. DCL one way cruises that are not repo cruises don’t sell good.
I think the travel agents and cast members will fill up the ship. I think it's being offered starting at 400 pp. I heard some of them talking about it when I was the Magic last month.

I think the travel agents and cast members will fill up the ship. I think it's being offered starting at 400 pp. I heard some of them talking about it when I was the Magic last month.

Amazing price. They were also almost giving the one way Hawaii cruises to cast members and they couldn’t fill the ship. For some reason dcl has a hard time filling one way cruises to and from Canada that are not repo cruises. But the Hawaii cruises didn’t have guaranteed rates for the normal person that I can remember. I don’t see dcl doing this cruise again until the new ships come.

Amazing price. They were also almost giving the one way Hawaii cruises to cast members and they couldn’t fill the ship. For some reason dcl has a hard time filling one way cruises to and from Canada that are not repo cruises. But the Hawaii cruises didn’t have guaranteed rates for the normal person that I can remember. I don’t see dcl doing this cruise again until the new ships come.
I was on the Hawaii cruise too. I was hoping to book the Quebec cruise next year. I rearranged some vacations to do it this year. I don't expect them to go back to Quebec. I think Hawaii would be a big seller if they tried it again. The long cruises are the most popular now whereas a few years ago they were discounted. There was a five hour wait at the onboard booking desk. Everyone was booking Panama. I remember when they had great GT rates on Panama...now it sells out in a couple of months.

I was on the Hawaii cruise too. I was hoping to book the Quebec cruise next year. I rearranged some vacations to do it this year. I don't expect them to go back to Quebec. I think Hawaii would be a big seller if they tried it again. The long cruises are the most popular now whereas a few years ago they were discounted. There was a five hour wait at the onboard booking desk. Everyone was booking Panama. I remember when they had great GT rates on Panama...now it sells out in a couple of months.

I was on the Vancouver to Hawaii cruise. For this cruise NYC to Quebec what about you?

If it's as good as the Montreal Ghost Tour, it should be interesting. :)
We're going to be spending 2 nights in Montreal at the Le square Phillips hotel and suites. Any recommendations what we should see in our day there. Also how far is hotel from where we catch the bus to Quebec. I also read the airport bus drops off close to that hotel....or is a taxi better? Thanks.

We're going to be spending 2 nights in Montreal at the Le square Phillips hotel and suites. Any recommendations what we should see in our day there. Also how far is hotel from where we catch the bus to Quebec. I also read the airport bus drops off close to that hotel....or is a taxi better? Thanks.

There is a good restaurant inside the Square Phillips Hotel. It's a little italian called Trattoria Zia. You're less than a 10 minutes walk from the Old Port of Montreal. The 747 bus from the airport stops from very close from your hotel and 2 subway stations (less than 5 minutes) if you leave from Square Victoria Station to Berri-Uqam and then about 5 min walk to the Gare d'autocar where you'll take the bus from Quebec.

As for activities you can go, tell me what you like and I'll give you suggestions.

Whatever you do, avoid Musée Grévin at a costs. It is filled with wax statues of French Canadian personnalities you have never heard of. Don't waste your money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter