The Official Polynesian Resort FAQ thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone,
I haven't stayed at the Poly since 1995. My wife and I are going to spend our 5th anniversary here 10/23-10/30. We want the Poly since we were married at Sunset Pointe. We try to stay at a different resort each visit and have saves Poly for our anniversary.
Are all the rooms remolded? I really love the new decor and love the new Captain Hook's.

Thanks in advance,
Jay

3 rooms!?!? :scared1: With any luck you will have printed enough of your own money.:rolleyes1 Good Luck:thumbsup2

We needed two rooms and my poor DH is still shaking every time he thinks about the price. Luckily we have a 5 YO DGD who wanted to stay where Lilo and Stitch live so that took away some of the sting :thumbsup2.

Hello Everyone,
I haven't stayed at the Poly since 1995. My wife and I are going to spend our 5th anniversary here 10/23-10/30. We want the Poly since we were married at Sunset Pointe. We try to stay at a different resort each visit and have saves Poly for our anniversary.
Are all the rooms remolded? I really love the new decor and love the new Captain Hook's.

Thanks in advance,
Jay

Hi, yes, all the rooms at the Poly have been refurbished - I believe they were finished late last fall. And Capt. Cooks is done and has been moved back to the main building from its temporary place. Have a great anniversary!

Hello Everyone,

Thanks in advance,
Jay

Yes, I do believe that all the rooms are remodeled at this point. The new Capt. Cooks is very nice. The seating is still a bit limited at peak dining times, though. We just love ordering from the touch screens. After seven days the menu is a bit limited, so keep that in mind. Have a great time and Happy Anniversary.:flower3:

Love this site. Thanks for all the information. Planning first trip to WDW. Which character breakfast is the best. The one at Ohana in Poly seems convenient but is it better to go inside the park for this?? Thanks for the info. I'm on the west coast and this may be my only trip so want to do it the right way (expensive way probably too). Any other dining must do's are appreicated. I'll be on the dining plan. Thanks.

As adults we loved the dinner at Chef Mickey's. The "classic" characters were there---Mickey,Minnie,Goofy, Pluto, Donald and Daisy. Buffet dinner was very good.

Trying to decide whether or not to take the Poly plunge!!! Only one thing holding me back of course-the cost. Looking for a nice quiet trip & this place looks beautiful.

Thank you. I've heard of Chef Mickey's. Where exactly is that one? Thanks.

Chef Mickey's is at the Contemporary, conveniently on the monorail if you stay at Poly. We just stayed at Poly on 2/13, and did the O'Hana character breakfast on 2/14. WE LOVED IT! The food was great and the character interaction (Lilo, Stitch, Mickey, Pluto) was great too! The did a conga line through the restaurant and my kiddos loved it. We did dinner on 2/13 at 1900 Park Fare (Grand Floridian), with Cinderella, Prince Charming, Suzy, and Perla. Princess Aurora also showed up. I think the Fairy Godmother is usually there instead of Prince Charming - we just lucked out.

Have a great time! We're already planning our next trip for September 2007. We're thinking about Disney Vacation Club. We have a lot of questions about that - but that's a topic for another thread.

Noticed you just came back from WDW and the ages of your young ones. My family will be going with us, which will consist of 2 two years. How was your young ones. How was it with the infant. That could be a possiblity too.
Thanks. Grandma and Gramps taking family.

Noticed you just came back from WDW and the ages of your young ones. My family will be going with us, which will consist of 2 two years. How was your young ones. How was it with the infant. That could be a possiblity too.
Thanks. Grandma and Gramps taking family.

This was actually the 3rd trip to WDW (4th to FL) for my DD (3yo next month) - 1/06; 9/06; 2/07 and 2nd for DS (10 months) - 9/06 & 2/07. We had a great time every time we went - with just our DD and the last 2 times with the both of them.

You didn't mention what time of year you're going. When we went in September, I packed a lot of extra stuff to keep the kids as cool as possible - water misters, stroller fans, stroller shades, and lots of sunscreen. WDW is very accommodating to families with young ones. We had no problems taking the stroller in to restaurants for our infant (especially if he looked like he was about to fall asleep). Some restaurants have the infant high chairs, but not all. If you just tell them at the podium, they will almost always let you take in the stroller.

Take advantage of the infant care centers located in each park (one per park). They're great places to feed baby and for the toddlers to get cooled off, or change diapers.

I'm sure I'm missing something, so let me know if you have any specific questions. You can send me a private message if there is anything off-topic you want to know.

First, I just wanted to say how happy I am to have found this thread! :cool1: I have spent the last few days reading all the Poly posts and I couldn't be more excited!!! I will be bringing my DH, DS (turning 4) and DS (turning 2) the last week of May and had a few questions for you Poly/family veterans.

Has anyone shipped supplies to the resort (i.e. bottled water, diapers, etc.) to have in the room when you get there? I am wondering if this is the way to go or to just pack the supplies in your suitcase (we'll be there for a week).

Since I booked the Poly over the internet, I did not put any special longhouse requests in (they did allow me to request a non-smoking room with a refrigerator) so would it be frowned upon for me to call and ask for a 1st floor room? It doesn't matter whih longhouse as much as the patio/first-floor option.

Also, off topic, but thought you might have some advice - we were told that a taxi may be the best and fastest transpotation to the AK park but we were not planning to bring carseats with us (we'll be using strictly WDW transportation) - do the boys need carseats in taxis and/or do they provide them?

Thanks for any tips!

Trying to decide whether or not to take the Poly plunge!!! Only one thing holding me back of course-the cost. Looking for a nice quiet trip & this place looks beautiful.

I took the 'Poly plunge' reluctantly in December and after getting to the resort I was so glad I did! :thumbsup2 There is nothing, absolutely NOTHING like walking to the virtually uncrowded resort monorail while the masses head towards the TTC monorail and having a quiet ride back to the Poly. Even taking the monorail to the TTC and switching to the EPCOT monorail is smooth. We stayed at the POFQ after our Poly stay (we visited relatives in north Florida) and my DD kept pleading when we were going back to the Poly. Can't wait until we go back to the Poly in August! :banana: :banana:

The Poly is pricey but well worth the money IMO. We usually do the Poly if we're staying for more than 5 days. Less than a 5 day stay and it's the POFQ or POP.

Has anyone stayed MK view Tuvalu? I requested the 3rd floor Tuvalu blding, since I have MK view booked.

Just getting insight on that longhouse! Thanks. :)

We stayed 3rd floor Tuvalu in January and had a great room. We were the last room away from the marina and had a perfect view of the castle. Hope you get your request!

First, I just wanted to say how happy I am to have found this thread! :cool1: I have spent the last few days reading all the Poly posts and I couldn't be more excited!!! I will be bringing my DH, DS (turning 4) and DS (turning 2) the last week of May and had a few questions for you Poly/family veterans.

Has anyone shipped supplies to the resort (i.e. bottled water, diapers, etc.) to have in the room when you get there? I am wondering if this is the way to go or to just pack the supplies in your suitcase (we'll be there for a week).

Since I booked the Poly over the internet, I did not put any special longhouse requests in (they did allow me to request a non-smoking room with a refrigerator) so would it be frowned upon for me to call and ask for a 1st floor room? It doesn't matter whih longhouse as much as the patio/first-floor option.

Thanks for any tips!

We had bottled water shipped from Staples. We ordered two cases and got the free shipping deal that they were running at the time (if you joined their "preferred customer" thing or some such deal-- check their website.) I made sure that I referenced our reservation number on the delivery info as well as our name. The water was there in storage when we checked in (the front desk CM saw a note about it in the computer when we checked in) and the water was brought to our room by the bell staff within a very short time of check in. This worked VERY well for us and saved a LOT of money.

We did not request a specific longhouse in advance either, because we booked thru AAA. They requested nonsmoking for us as well as patio/ balcony. (I think they had two spaces for requests.) When we check in I made a specific request and the front desk CM was easily able to accommodate us (probably because I was pretty flexible-- I had three things I wanted.) I do not think that you can call in a request-- but maybe someone else knows more?

I'm planning on shipping a box of supplies down for our upcoming trip. From what I've read, just address it to the Polynesian and make sure you put something like HOLD FOR GUEST last name, ARRIVING month/day. You could also put your reservation # on the oustide of the box. I'm going to send via UPS Ground 4 days before our arrival so that it gets there the day before (a Friday).

I'm also shipping a few cases of water from Staples as well. If you join their Rewards program (free) you get free shipping; sign up for the Rewards membership and then create a Staples account as well -- then you just add your rewards # to your account. Then just ship to the Poly, and put LAST NAME -- Reservation # 123456 in the last name field when you ship. In the comments section put something like "Hold for guest arriving month/day". I'm going to order the Monday before our Saturday arrival.

The resorts will hold packages for about 7 days before your arrival.

Have a good trip!

I thought I had read somewhere that the slide was being remodeled/repaired/re-somethinged. Is that true?

We were just there on 2/13 and there were people working on the volcano slide. We didn't swim, but could see the workers and scaffolding out the window during our 'Ohana character breakfast. My husband said, "Hey, is that something you can pay extra money to do?" He thought it was a rock climbing activity!

I'm not sure when it's supposed to be done. Even though the slide is temporarily closed, the pool is still open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter