The Official Polynesian Resort FAQ thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
mlwear said:
I remember last year seeing on the room service menu posted on allearsnet.com chocolate covered strawberries. I just checked and it isn't listed this year, but at the bottom it says We can help you host and celebrate all of your special occassions. Please allow 24-48 hours notice.. I would just call and see what they have to offer. I'd love to know what you find out.

I just called the Poly and I inquired about "special amenities". I am having a list with prices faxed to me. I will post more info when I recieve the fax for anyone interested!

The Poly offers various packages. Birthday,Aloha Snack Basket,Child Snack Pail,LG/SM Fruit baskets and balloons and beverages. The have cakes and a "turndown service" that include milk and cookies,chocolate strawberries and then listed are standard,vip,romance and romance package. Prices range from 10.95-70.oo not including alcohol/beverages.

mkygrl said:
The Poly offers various packages. Birthday,Aloha Snack Basket,Child Snack Pail,LG/SM Fruit baskets and balloons and beverages. The have cakes and a "turndown service" that include milk and cookies,chocolate strawberries and then listed are standard,vip,romance and romance package. Prices range from 10.95-70.oo not including alcohol/beverages.

Is there any way that you could scan in the list and post it? I am going to be celebrating both a birthday and an anniversary on our next trip (and we will have part of our stay at the Poly). I would love to know what was available and how much it will cost! THANKS!!

If that's too much trouble...could you just direct me to the correct phone number or email and I will request the info myself! THANKS!! :)

A few posters have mentioned watching Wishes from the beach. We will be at POLY for dinner but not staying there. So, is the beach the best veiwing site for Wishes or is there a better spot that is accessible for non-Poly guests. We also plan to see the Electrical Water Pageant. Would appreciate any suggestions.

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

dwazdip said:
Hi everyone. What a wonderful (magical) place this is! I'm sorry it took me so long to find you! I read through almost everything here and found lots of answers to questions I didn't know I had! LOL Tikiman's site and all the photos have been extremely helpful.

We are going to be first timers at the Polynesian for 8 wonderful days in September. This is a major luxury for us, so we wanted to get the best we could and booked a MK view room. We will have our 4 yr old DD with us and it is the week of our 10th anniversary. My question is, should we have booked a GVC room instead? Are the prices similar? DH really likes the idea of MK view. If we decide to stick with this type, can anyone suggest which rooms/longhouses are the best?

When booking, I did mention that we will be having an anniversary, but since I didn't find this website until TODAY, I had no idea there were so many options! Any suggestions for making our anniversary a little extra special? Thanks in advance!
Whe nin September are you going? We are going tp Poly September 2-10 for 8 nights for our first stay there also. We usually stay at WL but we have to be on the monorail with DS 2 who gets cranky if he's tired. We eat at 'Ohana every trip and I have always wanted to stay here. Can't wait! :banana:

jeniferrice said:
Not sure if these have been posted or not, but I was browsing the internet for pics of the Poly and found this link - WONDERFUL PICTURES!!

http://www.wdwinfo.com/Photos/Polynesian/pages/DSC00133.htm

I'm getting excited now. Enjoy!

Jen

Thanks Jen! These are wonderful! I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one on a neverending quest for Poly stuff! I've become a little obsessed with Tikiman's site, to tell the truth, so this gives me one more place to give me my Poly fix.

Tikiman, if you see this, my husband has come to call you "Your best friend, the T-man," as in every time I sit down at the computer he asks, "So, visiting your best friend T-Man again???" He's the jealous type, you see. So thanks to both of you for helping me get through the 92 days until I'm at the Poly!

kaysmommie said:
Whe nin September are you going? We are going tp Poly September 2-10 for 8 nights for our first stay there also. We usually stay at WL but we have to be on the monorail with DS 2 who gets cranky if he's tired. We eat at 'Ohana every trip and I have always wanted to stay here. Can't wait! :banana:

We'll be there September 9-16th. Seems like we've been waiting FOREVER! Maybe we'll see you there for a day!

Thanks everyone for the replies about switching to a concierge room. I think we're going to try, since we expect to be able to see the fireworks from the concierge room anyway. Crossing my fingers that there are concierge rooms to be had.

Can anyone tell me which longhouse to request for a smoking room? We are booked in a garden view. TIA!

dwazdip said:
We'll be there September 9-16th. Seems like we've been waiting FOREVER! Maybe we'll see you there for a day!
We will be there around your dates too....the 8-17th, and yes, it seems like we have been waiting forever too! Maybe we will see you there. We will be in 2 GV rooms. :teeth:

Winterman -- you can go onto the beach and watch it too -- even if you are not staying there! -- After dinner (depending on the time, you may need to shop a bit) go downstairs and out the back door (across from the check-in) - there is another back door too but too hard for me to direct you via a post. Anyway, various sections of the beach are available from the back. You will walk past the pool -- or past the marina. If you head left towards where the luau cove is, there is also a beach there. Anyway, wherever you can see Cinderella Castle from, you will see Wishes!!! Plus, if you are lucky the electric light pagent (Hope I got that name right!) goes on first and you see these neat barges with electric "sea" creatures and King Neptune right in front of you on the lagoon. If you are there really early you can walk to the Grand Floridian or walk around outside the Poly a bit before the fireworks begin!

Michelle2 said:
We will be there around your dates too....the 8-17th, and yes, it seems like we have been waiting forever too! Maybe we will see you there. We will be in 2 GV rooms. :teeth:

We are in Garden view too! I requested Samoa and hopefully will get a patio or balcony. It will be me, DH, DD6 and DS2, see you there maybe. :banana:

sarehm said:
Can anyone tell me which longhouse to request for a smoking room? We are booked in a garden view. TIA!

:wave: Hello Sarehm. Check out www.tikiman2001.homestead.com.

It really depends on what you want. If you really want a balcony, pick Tuvalu. If you want to be right there at the pool and the GCH, then go for Niue. However, if you want a bigger room, with 2 sinks, closest to the TTC, then go for Tahiti.

Hope this helps, but as a disclaimer, I have never stayed there and have learned all of this information from the master, Tikiman.

Can you purchase a Pal Mickey at the Polynesian? I was thinking about grabbing one while kids are at the pool and sneaking into the room. Are they worth the $$?

winterman said:
A few posters have mentioned watching Wishes from the beach. We will be at POLY for dinner but not staying there. So, is the beach the best veiwing site for Wishes or is there a better spot that is accessible for non-Poly guests. We also plan to see the Electrical Water Pageant. Would appreciate any suggestions.

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

You'll receive other suggestions, I'm sure, but our new favorite outdoor viewing location is near the marina. There is an area near the GCH and marina that has great speaker sound and the view of the fireworks is better than the beach. The boat launch area is also nice, but I'm not sure about the sound, I haven't actually watched from that locale. The beach area gets crowded in busier seasons and the marina area is practically vacant. That's not to say the beach isn't a nice viewing spot, it has just been our experience the sound isn't very clear and there are usually larger numbers of visitors in that area.

Take in the fireworks from a variety of locations when you visit and decide for yourself! :thumbsup2

we're booking the poly for the just the last night of our stay as a surprise for one of the girls in our party. Because it is our last couple of days we just intend to take in dinner, and chill out before repacking to go home.

Because it is a surprise would I be able to check us all in while the other two were at a park or something? The plan is that those two go off and shop/do a park or whatever while I throw all our stuff into cases, get bell services to transfer them, check out of ASMo's then go find the other two and suggest going to the Poly 'to check out a room for the next family vacation' when in reality i'll have got to the Poly, checked in and unpacked our stuff (if this is possible)?????????????????????????????????????????

Daveylegs said:
Can you purchase a Pal Mickey at the Polynesian? I was thinking about grabbing one while kids are at the pool and sneaking into the room. Are they worth the $$?

According to folks on this board, it is available at the Poly. See http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1107492&highlight=Pal+Mickey.

When other folks have asked if it is worth it, the overwhelming response seems to be yes. Lots of folks who have splurged for it enjoy it.

I am considering getting one as a surprise for my family on our trip in Sept/Oct. However, I was kindof thinking of getting a basket made up with it and a pressed coin book and some Disney treats and have it waiting for them in the room when we arrive. The web site for that is www.peggyssweetsandmore.com.

kkymmy said:
we're booking the poly for the just the last night of our stay as a surprise for one of the girls in our party. Because it is our last couple of days we just intend to take in dinner, and chill out before repacking to go home.

Because it is a surprise would I be able to check us all in while the other two were at a park or something? The plan is that those two go off and shop/do a park or whatever while I throw all our stuff into cases, get bell services to transfer them, check out of ASMo's then go find the other two and suggest going to the Poly 'to check out a room for the next family vacation' when in reality i'll have got to the Poly, checked in and unpacked our stuff (if this is possible)?????????????????????????????????????????

:thumbsup2 What a lovely surprise for your friend! You gals are going to have a fabulous time, I just know it! Where is your dinner ADR?

The only thing I have read about having everybody at check in is when you have the free dining package. (I guess they don't want phantom guests getting dining points.) Anyway, maybe you should just give the Poly a ring and let them know what you are up to. Just to be sure!

thanks! the two of us that know about this are paying for it between us and for two students to add a deluxe night for three people onto an already 'expensive' (for us) vacation isn't easy, but the look on the surprised girls face when she realises she's actually staying there should make it all worth it!

We haven't booked any ADR's yet as we're not going until next summer but we were maybe going to do the SoA whilst at Poly, or head over to GF or Contemp....whilst staying at a deluxe resort one has to dine in deluxe style right?

Just read the following on Deb's site:

"Does the Polynesian offer nightly turndown service?

Concierge guests will receive this service upon request"

I thought turndown was automatic for concierge :confused3 Is it or do I need to request it?

Thanks! Less than 40 days to go!!! :Pinkbounc

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter