The Official Polynesian Resort FAQ thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darth Goofy! Have a great anniversary trip. You'll love the Polynesian. I would have a nice lunch at Kona and then relax by the pool, sipping tropical drinks and soaking in the atmosphere. If you get adventurous, you can rent water mice and go out in the Seven Seas Lagoon for a spin or rent a bike and ride around to the GF and back. The GF spa is a short walk from the Poly. You could make a reservation for a spa treatment during your afternoon, too.

Enjoy! :sunny:

Were you aware that the newest plush for Star Wars Weekend this year is a Darth Goofy!???! When I saw your name, I had to post to let you know.

I am getting so excited as our first trip to the Poly is coming up on Mother's Day Weekend! I have a 6 and 3 year old and would appreciate any insight into the restrictions/requirements at the pool regarding life vests and slide height. Thanks in advance! :goodvibes

P.S. I tried to search for this info and had no luck.

Any suggestions for our 2 rooms, one for MIL/FIL (70s), other for DH and I with DD7 and DS4....garden view...prefer balcony or patio... probably prefer a rehab room. TIA!

Tinks said:
Were you aware that the newest plush for Star Wars Weekend this year is a Darth Goofy!???! When I saw your name, I had to post to let you know.

No, where did you find this out at? I must have one.

deana s said:
Any suggestions for our 2 rooms, one for MIL/FIL (70s), other for DH and I with DD7 and DS4....garden view...prefer balcony or patio... probably prefer a rehab room. TIA!

I would think Samoa would be good. It is close to both pools and the GCH. It has the new room design, but no balconies on the 2nd floor.

Hi Guys! we are staying Concierge Lagoom view in October and I can't wait! anyone got any tips on what rooms are better in that area or are they pretty much the same? thanks! :banana:

I know this is probably a dumb question, but how far ahead of time can you ask for a specific room?

J Lynn said:
TheIncredibles: I see that you've stayed in Poly CL Lagoon view. Do you have pics to share?
Does anyone have pics to share of that level? Thanks in advance.

Each trip I plan on taking pic's all around the Poly to savor throughout the year, and each trip we take pic's in the park but not the hotel.

Cool avatar by the way :)

Helenm29---I usually ask the CM who does my reservation at CRO to note my room request when I make the reservation. Since you've already reserved your hotel you can call CRO back and have them add a request to your reservation or........

Also, maybe easier, you can send your request to the concierge with your other requests for your itinerary when they email you.

If you are staying CLV you will be in the Hawaii building. The first and third floors have patios/balconies respectively. All the CLV rooms have a fabulous view. :sunny:

We are staying at Poly in August, we booked the "MK View" non-consierge. I was thinking about requesting a certain longhouse if available. Is that a good choice? Or is there a better one. princess:

As you'll see in my sig, here is a picture of the view from our room #1501 at sunrise. It was fabulous! (The castle is between the 2nd & 3rd trees, and this is not a zoomed-in view.)

Cinderellafifi said:
I am getting so excited as our first trip to the Poly is coming up on Mother's Day Weekend! I have a 6 and 3 year old and would appreciate any insight into the restrictions/requirements at the pool regarding life vests and slide height. Thanks in advance! :goodvibes

P.S. I tried to search for this info and had no luck.

Not sure about the slide height but you can get life vest for your children to wear from the boat rental shack but you need to leave your room key. If it is after hours for the boat rental the life guards have the vests.

BionicEar said:
As you'll see in my sig, here is a picture of the view from our room #1501 at sunrise. It was fabulous! (The castle is between the 2nd & 3rd trees, and this is not a zoomed-in view.)
Is this a first floor view?

We are looking forward to our first Christmas holiday visit to WDW. :cloud9: We will be at the Polynesian CL after Thanksgiving for a few days. We really could use some suggestions as what to do and see during the Christmas holidays. I want to make this an extra special trip as it may be a few years before we can return.

helenm29 said:
Hi Guys! we are staying Concierge Lagoom view in October and I can't wait! anyone got any tips on what rooms are better in that area or are they pretty much the same? thanks! :banana:
Take lots and lots of pics for me....from every angle. This is where I want to stay. ;)

J Lynn said:
Is this a first floor view?

Yes, this is a first floor view. This room is the first room on the left when you enter the Hawaii building.

Angel16 said:
We are looking forward to our first Christmas holiday visit to WDW. :cloud9: We will be at the Polynesian CL after Thanksgiving for a few days. We really could use some suggestions as what to do and see during the Christmas holidays. I want to make this an extra special trip as it may be a few years before we can return.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

There is so much to see that is special during the Christmast holiday at the world! You don't really have to expend a whole lot of extra energy to find it, just simply look around everywhere you go! It's that easy.

Each resort has it's own holiday decor. The lounge in the Poly concierge building has a beautiful, beautiful tree and trim. The GCH is decked out and I believe there is a gingerbread house to admire.

Of course, the Grand Floridian's version of a gingerbread house defies belief, and is soo worth seeing(and sniffing).

Trees that reflect each park, garland, and lights. Ornaments to be purchased, hats and garments.

The Candlelight Processional at Epcot is loved by many. And repeating the obvious, purchasing tickets to experience Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at MK is a big WOW event.

If you are from a cold weather climate, another fun thing to do to celebrate the season is to go hang out on a hammock in the sun and think to yourself, LaDeeDa! I'm in Florida, on a hammock, in the sun, IN DECEMBER! That's always fun :lmao:

It's more of a challenge to go to Disney in December and try NOT to feel the holiday magic. You will love it.

Not that I am a connesieur by any stretch of the imagination, regarding Hawaii building views, lagoon to be more specific....but each room really does afford you an amazing opportunity to experience stunning views. Even if you do have some partial obstruction by a bush or a palm tree, you are so incredibly close to the beach, not to mention the lounge, that a view is never more than a few steps away.

In the photo above, the castle seems so very small and far away. When you are there, with your own eyes, it's really much closer. Takes your breath away at night as you watch the colors wash over it, the fireworks exploding in the skies...you will not believe how amazing it is to experience the MK from the Poly. And the Poly for the Poly....

I can't wait to get back there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter