• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**** The Official October 2014 - Disneyland Resort Thread ****

Who is planning on attending Mickey's Halloween Party?

• Yes we are

• Not this trip

• Still unsure/ Depends on party dates

Results are only viewable after voting.
Finally going next week. Six years ago, my dear wife passed away. The next week a young neighborhood couple gave birth to a baby boy. They called me to the hospital and officially adopted me as Grandpa since I was alone. Holding Henry in the hospital that day I told him that Grandma wanted to wait for him but God needed her in Heaven. BUT, she told me to tell him that when he was six years old we were to go to Disneyland, one of her favorite places in the whole world. Henry is now six and we're going.
Staying at the GCH for three nights 9/29-10/2 for me, two little boys and their Mommy and Daddy. Two rooms, park view. These boards have been a Godsend, thank you all.

What a great story. I hope you and your grandsons and their parents have a wonderful trip!

Finally going next week. Six years ago, my dear wife passed away. The next week a young neighborhood couple gave birth to a baby boy. They called me to the hospital and officially adopted me as Grandpa since I was alone. Holding Henry in the hospital that day I told him that Grandma wanted to wait for him but God needed her in Heaven. BUT, she told me to tell him that when he was six years old we were to go to Disneyland, one of her favorite places in the whole world. Henry is now six and we're going.
Staying at the GCH for three nights 9/29-10/2 for me, two little boys and their Mommy and Daddy. Two rooms, park view. These boards have been a Godsend, thank you all.
What a blessing you are to those boys, and they are to you! Have a wonderful trip together! Please let us know after you get home all the fun you had together!! Your wife must be smiling down from heaven on this trip!:goodvibes

We have a 'bonus grandpa' too and he is the best! We just took him with us to the state fair yesterday and had such a fabulous time. He went with my husband on both of the trips to China to adopt our daughters, so he is definitely their grandpa! :-) It's the love, not the blood, that counts!!

I received my Photopass+ voucher today! We are just under a month out from our trip! I am so excited!

I printed out the pages for my daughter's activity book and trip journal today. Now I just have to put them together. Tomorrow I start on the coupon book, then on to shirts and autograph books.

My mom is making her an Elsa dress for MHP. I can't wait to see how that turns out!

all info is updated to here :

Hi all, so excited that we are all getting close, some so very close :) I have added to the meetup post on 1st page so check it out if you might be interested in a little meetup of fellow DISers :)

I'm so excited to say WE'LL BE IN DISNEYLAND OCTOBER 10-12 for my daughter's 9th and husband's 39th birthdays (mine is three weeks later, I may be celebrating mine since we'll be there anyway :) ). Former annual passholders and we haven't stepped foot in my happy place in FIVE YEARS. I can't even believe it's been that long!
We got a Hotwire deal for the Sheraton Garden Grove for not a bad price. I'm sad we won't be walking distance but we plan to open and close the parks anyway.
The plan is leaving Vegas by 4 am, driving straight to the park (No California highway patrol troopers here, right? I've made the drive in 3 hours flat! No pee stops!). We'll be doing California Adventure Friday, maybe sending hubby to check in the hotel and take a nap ( me and DD, we don't need no stinking naps). This will be the first trip without park hoppers, and we mainly maid that decision because we won't be attending Mickey's Halloween Party.
Then Saturday all day will be Disneyland! Open to Close! Fireworks! Fantasmic! Ok maybe not Fantasmic. I've never actually seen it. That is precious riding time! Especially since we only have a day in each park.
Sunday will be beach day, then sadly driving home.
And the best part? It's a secret trip! DD has NO idea we're headed to Disneyland! Any ideas on how to surprise her?

16 days! Got my Disney documents (including my hopper pass), photopass plus voucher, and mhp tickets. Have booked my ADRs, tours (happiest haunts and Walt's Footsteps), Fantasmic dessert, and WOC package! Suitcase is packed, and now I just have to wait... excited to read about everyone's trips!

11 days left. My Photopass + voucher/CD stuff came in the mail yesterday. It was funny because I said to my DD: "Oh I decided to purchase it now before the price goes up. Now to find a place for it until May (2015)." I put it in my desk...lol!

How do photos work during MHP if you don't have photopass? I want our whole group in our photo so can the photopass person take a photo with my camera? I can't justify the cost since we'll only be going to MHP and not in the parks at any other time.

Finally going next week. Six years ago, my dear wife passed away. The next week a couple of young friends gave birth to a baby boy. They called me to the hospital and officially adopted me as Grandpa since I was alone. Holding Henry in the hospital that day I told him that Grandma wanted to wait for him but God needed her in Heaven. BUT, she told me to tell him that when he was six years old we were to go to Disneyland, one of her favorite places in the whole world; it's where we had our first date. Henry is now six and we're finally going.
Staying at the GCH for three nights 9/29-10/2 for me, two little boys (Henry and his 3 year old bro, Will) and their Mommy and Daddy. Two rooms, park view. Character breakfast at Storytellers. Staying at the Staybridge Suites the night before (we're flying in from Tucson) for logistical reasons. These boards have been a Godsend, thank you all.

How beautiful! I wish you the most magical time.

My eyes popped open this morning and I got giddy just thinking that we'll be there in just 2 days!

We fly out of Salt Lake City Monday morning at 11am and touch down at LAX at 12pm.

Disneyland Express to Desert Inn & Suites (first time staying there). We should get to our room at about 2pm. Drop off the luggage and walk across the street to DISNEYLAND!!!

We are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary by spending a week kid free at the parks! We bought annual passes because we plan on returning in March with kids, married kids, and grandchildren. Another quick trip next September the week before our passes expire. It's going to be a great Disney year!

Some people can't understand why a middle-aged couple would want to spend a week at Disneyland and even suggest a cruise or beach vacation somewhere instead. But I ask you- is Mickey Mouse or the Peter Pan ride on a cruise or at the beach??? (Well, I guess Mickey Mouse technically is on a cruise...)

Anyway, I am so excited! We arrive Sept. 22 and leave Sept. 27.

DISNEYLAND HERE WE COME!!!pixiedust:

My eyes popped open this morning and I got giddy just thinking that we'll be there in just 2 days!

We fly out of Salt Lake City Monday morning at 11am and touch down at LAX at 12pm.

Disneyland Express to Desert Inn & Suites (first time staying there). We should get to our room at about 2pm. Drop off the luggage and walk across the street to DISNEYLAND!!!

We are celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary by spending a week kid free at the parks! We bought annual passes because we plan on returning in March with kids, married kids, and grandchildren. Another quick trip next September the week before our passes expire. It's going to be a great Disney year!

Some people can't understand why a middle-aged couple would want to spend a week at Disneyland and even suggest a cruise or beach vacation somewhere instead. But I ask you- is Mickey Mouse or the Peter Pan ride on a cruise or at the beach??? (Well, I guess Mickey Mouse technically is on a cruise...)

Anyway, I am so excited! We arrive Sept. 22 and leave Sept. 27.

DISNEYLAND HERE WE COME!!!pixiedust:

Oh gosh what a great way to spend your anniversary!!! Congrats on 20 years :)

Of course all of us here on DIS get why you would choose to go to DL instead of a beach destination.

Your next year of Disney fun sounds wonderful. I'm kinda jealous lol.

Have a super magical trip!

10/26-10/31 Castle Inn :thumbsup2

We will be celebrating two anniversaries + Halloween. What a week! :yay:

tomorrow (22nd) will be the official first visit of our little october family. Can't believe the trips are finally starting!!! How exciting is that!!

All updated to here :)

We are going to be there on October 28th and 29th. Hubby surprised me a couple of days ago. :banana: He cracks me up and said he wanted to go for Halloween. We were there in April for our boys' 5th birthday!

SO excited!

Jenn

We are going to be there on October 28th and 29th. Hubby surprised me a couple of days ago. :banana: He cracks me up and said he wanted to go for Halloween. We were there in April for our boys' 5th birthday!

SO excited!

Jenn

very sweet! got to love disney husbands :lovestruc

I've never posted on forums before, but I decided to stop being a lurker because I'm super excited! I found out today that we get to head down to Disneyland in October! We were waiting on approval for vacation time. We also decided to get AP again. Our last visit was not too long ago, but for some reason it feels like forever. :)

4 days and counting!!! I am excitedly nervous. I hope that I've planned things that my DD will enjoy and that she will totally be surprised. She mentioned tonight that for her birthday she wants to have dinner at a local hamburger place - her traditional place. I hope that dinner at Goofy's Kitchen will be okay. :rotfl:

4 days and counting!!! I am excitedly nervous. I hope that I've planned things that my DD will enjoy and that she will totally be surprised. She mentioned tonight that for her birthday she wants to have dinner at a local hamburger place - her traditional place. I hope that dinner at Goofy's Kitchen will be okay. :rotfl:

So fun! We have three weeks left to wait.

My daughter is so excited about the mommy-daughter spa day trip to the nail salon for her birthday. Little does she know that she will me getting her nails done as part of an Elsa makeover at Studio 365! These surprise trips are so much fun, aren't they?

Just booked the Walk in Walts Footsteps Tour for the 26th October at 2:30pm :banana::banana::banana:

Anyone with us ??

In only 4 weeks we will arrive at DLC for the first time after beeing at WDW, Las Vegas, L.A. and San Diego.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter