The Official October 2013 Trip Planning Thread

txcpamom said:
I get to join y'all! DH, DS(9), DD(7), and I will be going back Oct 26-Nov 1 for our second trip ever. We will be staying at the Poly again. I have the flight booked and the deposit made. Now I am working on ADR's. Fingers crossed for a BOG ressie! And free dining!

Pssst... there is a really great thread on the restaurants board about how to book online using the OLD website. Apparently the redesigned website isn't recognizing the +10. Used the info and it worked like a charm. We booked BOG for our 9th day online, right at 6am ET, easy-cheesy, and got the exact time we wanted. Good luck on the ADRs!

Pssst... there is a really great thread on the restaurants board about how to book online using the OLD website. Apparently the redesigned website isn't recognizing the +10. Used the info and it worked like a charm. We booked BOG for our 9th day online, right at 6am ET, easy-cheesy, and got the exact time we wanted. Good luck on the ADRs!

Thanks a million! I haven't messed with the new one yet. I bet that has messed up a lot of people!

Hello everyone. Fairly new to disboards in general. We are leavin for our trip sept. 26 and leaving oct 26!! It's me, my hubby, DS(7) & dd(2). This will be tr kids first time, my 13th, an hubby's 5th. My kids will be turning 8 & 3 a few days after we leave so we will be celebrating their birthdays there. We are staying at art of Animation. We are also going with some large extended family!!! So excited to go back, haven't been since 2004!!

Hello everyone. Fairly new to disboards in general. We are leavin for our trip sept. 26 and leaving oct 26!! It's me, my hubby, DS(7) & dd(2). This will be tr kids first time, my 13th, an hubby's 5th. My kids will be turning 8 & 3 a few days after we leave so we will be celebrating their birthdays there. We are staying at art of Animation. We are also going with some large extended family!!! So excited to go back, haven't been since 2004!!

You are staying for a whole MONTH?!?!?! Wow!!!

:welcome:

Anyone have the link to that thread? Our 180 day is tomorrow! Nothing like waiting until the last minute to get a plan around. Lol

I used it this morning worked great. Got everything I wanted!!:cool1: Don't forget, you can do online ADR's at 6 am.

Thanks for posting MISSYLEXI, hard to do from an iPhone and love to share information like this because it has been SO helpful for me for planning, etc.

Looks like you are staying at POR the same time we are! I have seen you on the POR thread from time to time too... Maybe we'll have to say hi if it works out? We have a couple resort days or 1/2 days/nights for pool time, Bayou Pirate Adventure, YeeHaw Bob, roasting some marshmellows, etc. Now DS 7 is even talking about wanting to rent a boat (pontoon), LOL. We're so excited about POR! :wave2:

I used it this morning worked great. Got everything I wanted!!:cool1: Don't forget, you can do online ADR's at 6 am.

Thank you for posting that link! I was up this morning at 6am and was able to get all my wanted ADRs too. It's now feeling more real! 180 days, woohoo!

Thanks for posting MISSYLEXI, hard to do from an iPhone and love to share information like this because it has been SO helpful for me for planning, etc.

Looks like you are staying at POR the same time we are! I have seen you on the POR thread from time to time too... Maybe we'll have to say hi if it works out? We have a couple resort days or 1/2 days/nights for pool time, Bayou Pirate Adventure, YeeHaw Bob, roasting some marshmellows, etc. Now DS 7 is even talking about wanting to rent a boat (pontoon), LOL. We're so excited about POR! :wave2:

Sounds good to me. When it gets closer we will have to see if your plans and mine allow for it!!

Thank you for posting that link! I was up this morning at 6am and was able to get all my wanted ADRs too. It's now feeling more real! 180 days, woohoo!

You both are welcome. Anything to help. Just paying it forward.

Hi everyone! I know I am jumping in late, we were supposed to go on our trip in April, but we had to cancel. It turned out to be a good thing because the week we were to be gone on our trip a long time church member died (my husband is the pastor, so he did the funeral), and our daughter was in a bad car accident (She is ok) and the church bought a new building all that same week. We are shooting for October now. We plan to go Oct. 20-27 and stay at Movies or Pop Century. I have been making ADR's, but we do not have our room booked yet (I know, I know), so it has been a challenge this time having to do it one day at a time. So far we have T-Rex in the afternoon on 10/20 for an early dinner, Akershus for breakfast and Ohana for dinner on 10/21, Tusker House for lunch and Sanaa for dinner on 10/22. Still hoping to magically pull off a BOG ADR this week. It will be my husband and I and our almost 3 (a month shy)year old granddaughter, Gabi. It will be the first time for all of us. We are so excited and will definitely need this vacation by then. Thanks for letting me join in. Kris

Hi everyone! I know I am jumping in late, we were supposed to go on our trip in April, but we had to cancel. It turned out to be a good thing because the week we were to be gone on our trip a long time church member died (my husband is the pastor, so he did the funeral), and our daughter was in a bad car accident (She is ok) and the church bought a new building all that same week. We are shooting for October now. We plan to go Oct. 20-27 and stay at Movies or Pop Century. I have been making ADR's, but we do not have our room booked yet (I know, I know), so it has been a challenge this time having to do it one day at a time. So far we have T-Rex in the afternoon on 10/20 for an early dinner, Akershus for breakfast and Ohana for dinner on 10/21, Tusker House for lunch and Sanaa for dinner on 10/22. Still hoping to magically pull off a BOG ADR this week. It will be my husband and I and our almost 3 (a month shy)year old granddaughter, Gabi. It will be the first time for all of us. We are so excited and will definitely need this vacation by then. Thanks for letting me join in. Kris

Hi Kris, sorry to hear about your daughter's accident but glad she is okay. Your plans sound great so far, welcome!

Hello!! I'm jumping in late too...Coming to WDW Oct 17th-27th with my DH, DS3 and DS6. Its my kids and hubby's 1st time! I've been before many times, but my last trip was 2005.
We are doing a split stay-AKL 5 nights, and Poly 5 nights.
We are all very excited, and I'm obsessed with the planning:) :)

Hello!! I'm jumping in late too...Coming to WDW Oct 17th-27th with my DH, DS3 and DS6. Its my kids and hubby's 1st time! I've been before many times, but my last trip was 2005.

Hi, welcome, sounds like it'll be a great trip :)

Hi, glad you are here. AKL/Poly will be so much fun for your kids (and you guys). I hope to stay there sometime. I am obsessed with planning also. I promised my husband I wouldn't get obsessed this time, but that went out the window after day one. It is hard not to. Happy Planning!

Hi Kris, sorry to hear about your daughter's accident but glad she is okay. Your plans sound great so far, welcome!

Thanks she is just sore and has bruising from the seatbelt and airbag, a concussion, and 2 very sprained ankles (not sure how that happened). They swerved to avoid a deer and their tire caught the gravel on the side of the road and then they hit the guard rail at 60mph. Even though she was wearing a seat belt her head still hit the windshield. I was never so thankful in all my life to see her. We got the call from her boyfriend they had wrecked, but he was so shaken up and crying he couldn't answer if she was ok. So we didn't know how bad she was or if she was even alive. We had to drive by the scene on the way to the hospital which made it worse when we saw the car. Thankfully the guard rail didn't break or they would have went down a very deep ravine. If I had the money I would take them to Disney too-they need it after all that.

Thanks she is just sore and has bruising from the seatbelt and airbag, a concussion, and 2 very sprained ankles (not sure how that happened). They swerved to avoid a deer and their tire caught the gravel on the side of the road and then they hit the guard rail at 60mph. Even though she was wearing a seat belt her head still hit the windshield. I was never so thankful in all my life to see her. We got the call from her boyfriend they had wrecked, but he was so shaken up and crying he couldn't answer if she was ok. So we didn't know how bad she was or if she was even alive. We had to drive by the scene on the way to the hospital which made it worse when we saw the car. Thankfully the guard rail didn't break or they would have went down a very deep ravine. If I had the money I would take them to Disney too-they need it after all that.

That is terrifying!! Thank GOD she was wearing a seatbelt.

That is eerily similar to a situation I was in when I was 17 - I got in a car accident (I was driving but it wasn't my fault - other guy ran a stop sign, T-boned me). My step-sister was in the car along with one of her friends. My sister and I were transported to the hospital via ambulance and my sister's friend called my parents. She told them what happened and told them my sister was okay but didn't mention me. My parents were in shock and wondering what happened to me. They had to drive by the wreck on the 45-minute drive to the hospital and, like you, wondered if I was alive. The impact was right on the driver's door so it looked pretty bad. I was actually fine, maybe a little bruising and one spot on my leg that needed stitches. But at the time super scary!

That is my greatest fear. DD16 almost 17 every time she leaves the house I'm nervous and if she calls when she is gone I get butterflies in my stomach exspecially when DS11 is with her. Now that she gets to be the transporter for him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter