• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Official October 2013 Trip Planning Thread

Finally heading back to WDW :goodvibes

October 18th-27th at Poly with DH, DS6 and DD2. First time trip for our kids...planning to surprise them the week before we go if I can hold it in that long. Also going are my parents and possibly my in-laws:eek:

Count us in for October 5-12! We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge and hoping for some kind of discount to bring the price down! We are celebrating my mom's 60th birthday, my birthday, DD's 9th, and DD's 6th! Yes, 3 of us have October birthdays and 1 mid November. I could also celebrate my 11th wedding anniversary, but DH is not going, so we can have a girls trip.:yay:

We are going October 2-11. Me, DH, DS5 and DD6. It will be our little ones first trip. We've been a few times with our older son (19). First time onsite, we are staying in a LM room at AoA.

Excited and overwhelmed. So many things to think about beforehand, like ADRs (planning on just 3 or 4). And FastPass+ has me totally confused ;) but I have plenty of time to figure it out with the help of DISboards.

Headed back Sept 28-Oct 6...this is a girls only trip with 4 ladies I met through DISboards! We have never met, but been together for over 2 years. We call ourselves the OCD Princess planners...see link to out joint PTR in my siggie below! We don't know yet where we are staying...it's an OCD planning thing :rotfl2: trying to get best deal! We are running the Tower of Terror 10 mile!

Finally heading back to WDW :goodvibes

October 18th-27th at Poly with DH, DS6 and DD2. First time trip for our kids...planning to surprise them the week before we go if I can hold it in that long. Also going are my parents and possibly my in-laws:eek:

Count us in for October 5-12! We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge and hoping for some kind of discount to bring the price down! We are celebrating my mom's 60th birthday, my birthday, DD's 9th, and DD's 6th! Yes, 3 of us have October birthdays and 1 mid November. I could also celebrate my 11th wedding anniversary, but DH is not going, so we can have a girls trip.:yay:

We are going October 2-11. Me, DH, DS5 and DD6. It will be our little ones first trip. We've been a few times with our older son (19). First time onsite, we are staying in a LM room at AoA.

Excited and overwhelmed. So many things to think about beforehand, like ADRs (planning on just 3 or 4). And FastPass+ has me totally confused ;) but I have plenty of time to figure it out with the help of DISboards.

:welcome: to all of you! It's so exciting to see our thread growing so much! I have added all of you to the first post. :goodvibes

Just looked on the first page and have seen that people have special occasions they are celebrating while out there.
Well when we go it is My Nan's 80th birthday and my sister birthday too!!!

Just looked on the first page and have seen that people have special occasions they are celebrating while out there.
Well when we go it is My Nan's 80th birthday and my sister birthday too!!!

I have added your celebration to the first post! :goodvibes

Planning a trip for October 5th - 10th and staying at Art of Animation. Hoping for a deal though to upgrade to a Deluxe resort. We have 5 in the family, still young enough to share a single room, but it limits our options.

Very excited to start the details of planning!

Edit.... just changed the room to the Poly. Still hoping for a "deal" though, of course.

Please add us in! My DS6 and I will be heading back for our 2nd trip, October 19-26. We're staying at CBR, which I'm so excited to try out. We plan on going to MNSSHP, and want to book ADRs for 'Ohana breakfast & Tusker House breakfast so far. I'm going crazy waiting for Southwest to open their flight schedules, so I can get another part of the trip set and paid for.

My little family has to travel to VA for a wedding and since we would be traveling across country already hubby just mentions "why not hop down to disney for 5 days before coming home" !!!! No dates or stays booked yet but I am all ready excited about this possibility!

My little family has to travel to VA for a wedding and since we would be traveling across country already hubby just mentions "why not hop down to disney for 5 days before coming home" !!!! No dates or stays booked yet but I am all ready excited about this possibility!

This made me giggle b/c I live in VA and by no way would I think of "hopping down to Fla" it's not all that close. LOL But I guess if you are traveling from the other coast (not sure where you live) then yes it would be closer. Hope you enjoy your time in VA. What general are will you be in?

Planning a trip for October 5th - 10th and staying at Art of Animation. Hoping for a deal though to upgrade to a Deluxe resort. We have 5 in the family, still young enough to share a single room, but it limits our options.

Very excited to start the details of planning!

Edit.... just changed the room to the Poly. Still hoping for a "deal" though, of course.

:welcome: to our group! I have you added to the first post with staying at the Poly.

Please add us in! My DS6 and I will be heading back for our 2nd trip, October 19-26. We're staying at CBR, which I'm so excited to try out. We plan on going to MNSSHP, and want to book ADRs for 'Ohana breakfast & Tusker House breakfast so far. I'm going crazy waiting for Southwest to open their flight schedules, so I can get another part of the trip set and paid for.

:welcome: to our group! I have you added to the first post!

:welcome: to our group! I have you added to the bottom of the first post with unknown dates. As soon as you know your dates I will get them changed! I also had to giggle about the "hopping down to Disney" from VA. It's definitely quite the distance, but TOTALLY worth it! :goodvibes

L-Harper said:
I also had to giggle about the "hopping down to Disney" from VA. It's definitely quite the distance, but TOTALLY worth it! :goodvibes

We live in Fairbanks Alaska it takes 8 hours to drive to Anchorage, which is where we head when we want to get out of town for a weekend. We gauge it will be an 11 hour drive from VA to the Dis, but I am hoping to find a cheap flight. Anyone know of a cheap airline?

We live in Fairbanks Alaska it takes 8 hours to drive to Anchorage, which is where we head when we want to get out of town for a weekend. We gauge it will be an 11 hour drive from VA to the Dis, but I am hoping to find a cheap flight. Anyone know of a cheap airline?

ARe you looking for flights out of VA? Where in the state will you be? Right now I have yet to find a great price on any flights but am on the look out my self. I can definatly help keep you posted if you want.

We just had an amazing discovery this morning. Our littlest guy is finally 40 inches!!! He is OVER THE MOON excited! It will definitely make Disney World MUCH more fun now!!!! The whole family can enjoy our favorites instead of one of us sitting out with him. YAY!!!

:banana: :cool1: :dance3: :cheer2: :yay: :woohoo:

piratemamaof3 said:
ARe you looking for flights out of VA? Where in the state will you be? Right now I have yet to find a great price on any flights but am on the look out my self. I can definatly help keep you posted if you want.

Looking for flights out of Reagan airport (round trip) around either 11-15th or 20-25th dates are flexible the wedding I am attending is on the 19th in Alexandria VA.

Looking for flights out of Reagan airport (round trip) around either 11-15th or 20-25th dates are flexible the wedding I am attending is on the 19th in Alexandria VA.

not too far from here but I am not flying out of there. I will help you look into some good option as i am looking for mine also

Count us in! Will be from the 20-27 at the Wilderness Lodge celebrating my birthday! Can't wait to get there and enjoy the world!

I'm out of Oct, we are going in May now! Sad to be missing food and wine but excited to leave much sooner than expected!

Count us in! Will be from the 20-27 at the Wilderness Lodge celebrating my birthday! Can't wait to get there and enjoy the world!

:welcome: to our group! I have added you to the first post! :goodvibes

I'm out of Oct, we are going in May now! Sad to be missing food and wine but excited to leave much sooner than expected!

We're sad to see you go, but I completely understand your amount of excitement for going SO much sooner! I hope you have an amazing and most magical vacation!

We'll be at the BC September 29 to October 4th!!! We'll definitely be going to Food & Wine! :banana:

Ooops forgot to add we got a bounceback on our last trip in January!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter