• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Official October 2012 Car Rental Thread

I'm renting out of LAX, so I'm guessing it varies, but I just booked a Standard SUV for the week of 10/2 using the Entertainment Book Code and $30 off from National, grand total of $308, which I was pretty happy with. Anyone know what National keeps in their SUV fleet? I've only used Enterprise locally went renting SUV's.

As mentioned before, my family and I are flying into TPA rather than MCO, saving us $100/per person from Atlantic City, NJ. I have gotten a new rate of $221/week for a full size by using an off site rental car location for Dollar Rent a Car. I hope to be able to get a minivan for a similar price as the trip gets closer. When should I be looking for a significant drop in rates for a trip October 12-20?

ps...the car ride is about 70 minutes, not 2 hours that I stated in a previous post!

Subbing - our travel dates are 10/2 - 10/9 - only 3 of us, so just need minimum (more would be nice!) - hoping for under $200 (?). Actually with absolutely no experience renting at MCO - I'm not even sure of what I'm hoping for!

Wondering if anyone has ever "named your own price" through Priceline for a car? We do it all the time for hotels, but never a car. Thank for any info!

Would love any words of advice to get the best deal. From reading previous posts, I'll mention I am a Costco member.

Subbing - our travel dates are 10/2 - 10/9 - only 3 of us, so just need minimum (more would be nice!) - hoping for under $200 (?). Actually with absolutely no experience renting at MCO - I'm not even sure of what I'm hoping for!

Wondering if anyone has ever "named your own price" through Priceline for a car? We do it all the time for hotels, but never a car. Thank for any info!

Would love any words of advice to get the best deal. From reading previous posts, I'll mention I am a Costco member.

Right now prices are fairly high across the board. Look at car rental savers dot com to get a feel....for us, the standard SUV from enterprise was cheaper than anything else [including the small "basic" cars]. Costco can give good rates, but most of their coupons are expiring before Oct. Still worth checking through the Costco web site.

I have never "named my own price" as I like to know which company I am dealing with [there are a couple that scare me] and frankly I've always been able to work the deals to a rate where it really wouldn't have been any better.

This far out, pick the best you can. Book it to hedge on the "worst" scenario and then keep an eye on prices. The last couple of trips I was able to get the price down to about $10/day including taxes when it was all said and done. If you want to get the feel of the timing, look at some of the threads that are a bit closer in time and you'll see the dip.

Good Luck!

We rented from National in February for 10 days and got a midsize for around $100 taxes and fees included. I don't think I will do as well in October, but the prices are really high.

I did sign up with KLM's frequent flier program so I could use the KLM code. The rental is for $339 taxes and fees included for 13 days at the end of October begining of November for a compact. I am hoping for around $200 for a mid-size from National.

I just booked an Alamo rental - October 2 - 9 - using codes I found on the July thread - just wanted to get "something" on hold as a place to start. I have a Standard (Ford Focus) rented for $195.63. I used the following:
299851 Vroom code and AU4234FDA (double upgrade)

Not sure about the "Vroom Limited Code" (I'm trying to find out if I can use it or not - not sure what membership it is tied to, if any). The combo of these codes is lower than anything I had seen so far. I'll keep checking for something cheaper - but I'm happy to be under $200!

Good Luck!

Thanks!!

Seems as though rates have really jumped, across the board, the last two weeks or so. Maybe it's just for my week because it's bordering Columbus Day. Glad I locked in a decent rate a while back. I'm hoping the closer we get to October, things will even out a bit.

I just booked an Alamo rental - October 2 - 9 - using codes I found on the July thread - just wanted to get "something" on hold as a place to start. I have a Standard (Ford Focus) rented for $195.63. I used the following:

Not sure about the "Vroom Limited Code" (I'm trying to find out if I can use it or not - not sure what membership it is tied to, if any). The combo of these codes is lower than anything I had seen so far. I'll keep checking for something cheaper - but I'm happy to be under $200!

Good Luck!

Thanks!!

Thanks! I was able to get down tot $191 with this. I am hoping for better but its closer to what I want to pay then the $329 I was looking at.

Good Luck!

Thanks!!

Whenever I see a code that includes full collision damage waiver it sets off a red flag for me. It's likely a code for international travelers. Not worth the risk for me personally, but I hope it works out for you. Rates are really bad this year. :headache:

Seems as though rates have really jumped, across the board, the last two weeks or so. Maybe it's just for my week because it's bordering Columbus Day. Glad I locked in a decent rate a while back. I'm hoping the closer we get to October, things will even out a bit.

rates are higher this year for my rentals compared to same time periods in the past

just checked last year's thru alamo for a midsize for 8 nights beginning Oct 1st, only $103 using continental code and a $35 coupon, those days are likely over

also looking for rental late Oct 2012, would like to use Alamo. Pick up at MCO and drop off at Dolphin/Swan.

also looking for rental late Oct 2012, would like to use Alamo. Pick up at MCO and drop off at Dolphin/Swan.

:rotfl: And we're coming in the middle of October renting at the Dolphin and bringing it back to MCO. Funny! We'll leave the car in good shape for you. :thumbsup2

I checked rates to today and they have gone up. $840 for 13 days! I am glad I booked a reservation a month ago for $330 for an economy:scared1:

Edit: I went back and entered it without the Entertainment Book coupon and it dropped back down. The Entertainment book is offering a great deal:rotfl2::upsidedow:rotfl2:

Subbing!

I'm looking to rent something (car/suv) from Sept 29-Oct 10th. I'd prefer from the onsite locations at DTD.

So far the best I've found is with Dollar for $266 plus tax in a compact (Ford Focus or similar).

try car rentals dot com.:) have a full size for $214 booked 9/28-10/09. no cc needed can update any time. I have changed companies and done price drops a few times. great prices and very easy. they have all the agencies listed on one page so you can compare :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter