The Official October 2012 Car Rental Thread

I received a response to my email regarding our rental with uscarhire and they assured me that we are booked with insurance. Now, I sent a follow up email inquiring as to whether this was a new policy and would it affect us in the future. I will update with their response, just in case anyone is considering using this company.
BTW, my car will be supplied by Alamo at MCO.

Will be checking for your answer. :)

Thanks for the Dollar Tip!!! I just booked a minivan for 10/13-10/20 for $300 including taxes and fees. That's $200 cheaper than anywhere else!!!!

I'm waiting too!! we are 90 days out and really want to use alamo. I guess we probably wont see any good deals for another month or so:sad1:

We're 92 days out and want Alamo/National also. Please post back if you find anything good. We're going to need a minivan and probably a mid or full size. :)

Just got a rental from Dollar for $209 for 10/7-10/13 using the city special code! That includes all the taxes and fees... Just use promo code 622. It's $147.03 plus tax and fees=$209. That's for a compact

Jim

Okay, had to get something on the books. So I just booked with Dollar 10-5 thru 10-9 (plus two extra hours) for a full size auto, total of 162.74. Using the city deal link, which shows as promo code 832. This is the first sub $200 I've found so far. Just a few days ago Alamo was still over $300.

I wanted to sue Alamo/National too, but that Dollar deal was way too good to pass up, especially for a mini-van. I'm not going to cram us into a compact w/ all the stuff we have. Our last visit we trued a minivan becuase of all our "stuff" and it as AWESOME! We dind't even need to fold down the stroller, ever! :goodvibes It'll make our split stay easier too.

I fear the days of really cheap deals easy to find may be gone, like airlines are too. Not to say that they don't and won't happen, but regularly, I don't think so.

Just wanted to follow up on our dealings with uscarhire to date...

They confirmed via email that we were completely covered with their Silver Inclusive package. They even adjusted my rental dates a few days later when my flight info was ready and our dates needed to be reduced by one day. Then this morning I received an email stating that we would NOT be covered due to Alamo changing their policy in Jan and we didn't book our car until March. I have sent an email stating how dissatisfied we are at this point and I am waiting for a response.

Looks like we are going to have to use either our own insurance (a rider possibly) or my DH's MasterCard may have supplemental insurance available. DH is so adamantly against using our own personal car insurance because apparently here in Ontario we have the highest insurance premiums in North America and he is afraid that if something happens it will only get more expensive. I understand his concern, I don't totally agree with him, but all this means is that I am on the lookout for a cheap rental and possibly will end up paying for more insurance to supplement.

So frustrated!!:headache:

Just wanted to follow up on our dealings with uscarhire to date...

They confirmed via email that we were completely covered with their Silver Inclusive package. They even adjusted my rental dates a few days later when my flight info was ready and our dates needed to be reduced by one day. Then this morning I received an email stating that we would NOT be covered due to Alamo changing their policy in Jan and we didn't book our car until March. I have sent an email stating how dissatisfied we are at this point and I am waiting for a response.

Looks like we are going to have to use either our own insurance (a rider possibly) or my DH's MasterCard may have supplemental insurance available. DH is so adamantly against using our own personal car insurance because apparently here in Ontario we have the highest insurance premiums in North America and he is afraid that if something happens it will only get more expensive. I understand his concern, I don't totally agree with him, but all this means is that I am on the lookout for a cheap rental and possibly will end up paying for more insurance to supplement.

So frustrated!!:headache:

You need an SEF27 Endorsement on your own car insurance in order to use that. Some Visa and Mastercards cover the collision and comprehensive but not the 3rd Party Liability. A couple years ago I backed into another vehicle with my rental car. The Visa collision insurance covered our rental and I had taken out National's Supplimental Liability and that paid for the other vehicle.
I tend to agree with your husband about using your own insurance but I guess that's what we're doing this time. :scared:
We had used uscarhire a few years ago with all the insurances included and that was the best stress free rental that we've had.

You need an SEF27 Endorsement on your own car insurance in order to use that. Some Visa and Mastercards cover the collision and comprehensive but not the 3rd Party Liability. A couple years ago I backed into another vehicle with my rental car. The Visa collision insurance covered our rental and I had taken out National's Supplimental Liability and that paid for the other vehicle.
I tend to agree with your husband about using your own insurance but I guess that's what we're doing this time. :scared:
We had used uscarhire a few years ago with all the insurances included and that was the best stress free rental that we've had.

I am waiting to find out from our insurance what it will cost for that extra rider, and yes, our MC doesn't include 3rd party liability. It's interesting to hear your experience, thanks for sharing that. I will tell DH about using the MC and then supplementing with the car rental liability.

I am bummed about the change in policy, it really did come with peace of mind. I am still waiting to hear back on our situation, I don't expect anything, but I am giving them the chance to help us if they can.

Thanks again for the info!

I have Oct 12 - 22 reserved with National for a total of $284 for a midsize (I'm Emerald Exec level so want to stay with midsize to use the exec aisle). This is the best I can do with them so far using the KLM code and $30 BJ's coupon. I would love to get it below $250 but I'm not holding my breath!

Columbus Day seems to be driving rental prices higher this year.

Thanks for the heads up on the 'City Specials' at Dollar. For October 7 - 14, I found $247.44 for full size and $372.80 for minivan. Snagged it and will keep looking. Thanks again!

I am waiting to find out from our insurance what it will cost for that extra rider, and yes, our MC doesn't include 3rd party liability. It's interesting to hear your experience, thanks for sharing that. I will tell DH about using the MC and then supplementing with the car rental liability.

I am bummed about the change in policy, it really did come with peace of mind. I am still waiting to hear back on our situation, I don't expect anything, but I am giving them the chance to help us if they can.

Thanks again for the info!

The SEF27 only costs $25 or $30 . My son just added it to his policy.

Looking for Alamo as well. Hope the prices get lower as we get closer to the date, leaving late Oct.

Columbus Day seems to be driving rental prices higher this year.

Thanks for the heads up on the 'City Specials' at Dollar. For October 7 - 14, I found $247.44 for full size and $372.80 for minivan. Snagged it and will keep looking. Thanks again!

we travel this time frame and both airfare and rental cars take a bump, as with most holidays to be expected. We switched things around a few years ago and now start our trips two saturdays prior to Columbus day and get a bit of a break in price.:)

Looking for Alamo as well. Hope the prices get lower as we get closer to the date, leaving late Oct.

Alamo van and suv prices are down a little tonight, not as far as I'd like to see them for the end of Oct but they are cheaper than the cars right now.
First res. made tonight, I wonder how many times I'll change it before we go . :crazy2:

Alamo van and suv prices are down a little tonight, not as far as I'd like to see them for the end of Oct but they are cheaper than the cars right now.
First res. made tonight, I wonder how many times I'll change it before we go . :crazy2:

What codes did you use?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter