The Official October 2012 Car Rental Thread

I just won a bid on Priceline. 10/5 at 10:30pm - 10/16 at 10:30 am, standard size- 285.81 total price. Its a standard size car rented through Avis. I bid $16/day was was pretty happy with that price, its much lower than anything else I've been able to find.

Today I was able to change from the mid-size SUV with Budget at $275 (with codes) to same size with Dollar at $239 under the city special (no additional codes). :) I was happy before, but I'm even more so now. Additional driver wasn't an issue for us.

Quoting myself because I forgot to say my dates. 10/13- 10/22. I just checked and didn't see that special available anymore. But they had others.

We are going to be at Disney Oct. 4-10, are planning to fly and use Disney transportation for the majority of the trip, but we would like to rent a car for one day to make a trip to see the ocean. There are six in our family, so we have to rent a van. Any suggestions on my best way to go? Best place to rent from? I plan to do this sometime in the middle of the trip, so I'm thinking renting from Disney Car Center may be the easiest?!?
TIA! We are getting excited!

National/Alamo have a rental desk at the Dolphin as well.

Can I suggest a day trip to the Gulf side instead of the Atlantic Ocean side. We prefer the Gulf. The water/beaches are so much nicer and calmer. Clearwater is about 1.5 hr away and is our favorite beach to visit :)

Have a great trip!

We are going to be at Disney Oct. 4-10, are planning to fly and use Disney transportation for the majority of the trip, but we would like to rent a car for one day to make a trip to see the ocean. There are six in our family, so we have to rent a van. Any suggestions on my best way to go? Best place to rent from? I plan to do this sometime in the middle of the trip, so I'm thinking renting from Disney Car Center may be the easiest?!?
TIA! We are getting excited!

I see a seven passenger minivan from the car center on 10/7 from Alamo for $100 including taxes. I didn't really try to work coupons, etc. Depending on where you're staying, the car center would probably be a good choice.

Alamo rates dropped for late October at MCO for Fullsize and down. Not perfect, but finally at a price can live with.

What discount code are you using for National? I already have a $30 off code (ND9334SND), but I'm looking for a rate discount code also. Someone mentioned a KLM code?

Thanks!

You can get a Full size or an SUV for 238 with taxes on carrentalsavers.com

I just went tot he site and I typed in my dates and times and the cheapest is an economy for $248. Is it that I am putting in exact times and should stick with 12pm for both?? I was reading somehwere about cleaning up cookies on y computer, but I have no idea how to do that?? The cheapest SUV was $500 for what I typed in:confused3

I used the KLM code for National 8572130. It is not great but better than anything else. One thing to me aware about the KLM code is that it can not be cancelled or modified on line. You either have to call or email them about changes.

I just went tot he site and I typed in my dates and times and the cheapest is an economy for $248. Is it that I am putting in exact times and should stick with 12pm for both?? I was reading somehwere about cleaning up cookies on y computer, but I have no idea how to do that?? The cheapest SUV was $500 for what I typed in:confused3

When are you picking up and dropping off the car

The only movement I am seeing in prices for my dates (Oct 12 -22) are increases. Dollar, Budget and Alamo are all up and National remains the same. I'll keep checking but at this point I'm not too optimistic.

Without using the vroom code my prices are still $350 for the 18th -26th. What are you getting?

I see an intermediate SUV for $208 inc taxes after e-coupon is applied when return vehicle. Wendie code D454300 and e-coupon MUGZ029 for $30 off. Through Costco I see a full size for $272. Both rates are with Budget.

The only movement I am seeing in prices for my dates (Oct 12 -22) are increases. Dollar, Budget and Alamo are all up and National remains the same. I'll keep checking but at this point I'm not too optimistic.

As we get closer to Columbus Day weekend, we will see less deals. I'm hoping when the "last minute" deals come out after that weekend they will be better. Like you, I'm leaving on the Oct. 12th. This is my 4th trip this year and rental car rates have stayed pretty high and the only drops I've seen are last minute, which means just days prior to leaving. I watch several times a day and will post if I see any positive movement. Good luck!

As we get closer to Columbus Day weekend, we will see less deals. I'm hoping when the "last minute" deals come out after that weekend they will be better. Like you, I'm leaving on the Oct. 12th. This is my 4th trip this year and rental car rates have stayed pretty high and the only drops I've seen are last minute, which means just days prior to leaving. I watch several times a day and will post if I see any positive movement. Good luck!

Thanks! Good luck to you too!

I do have a rate of $285 with National which includes all the taxes & coverages thanks to the KLM code. I do still have a reservation with Dollar that is about $60 less. Since I am Exec with National and it has all the coverages so I think it is worth it for the Aisle access and coverage to pay the extra $60 to stick with National.

Plug in your codes now!! Alamo rates are way down, I have a midsize for 7 days for $144 with all taxes and charges:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Plug in your codes now!! Alamo rates are way down, I have a midsize for 7 days for $144 with all taxes and charges:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

What codes are you using? I am still getting $730.00 for a mini van for 10 days with Alamo.

Please share you dates and codes. I'm not finding any major change for 10/13-10/21.

Yes, please share your codes! I used the vroom vroom code (299851) & a $20 off Entertainment coupon. It save me $10. My dates are 10/13-17. Still a little leery of that vroom vroom code. I may plug in another code as a back-up.

The codes I used are ID 7014136 and cpn code ad2338fdf. My dates are Oct 18th-26th. Someone suggested on here to clear your cookies on your computer and as soon as I did this the rates went way down.. Worth a try and thanks to the person who suggested it:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter