The Official MVMCP Thread

Castle lighting is at 6:30.

Thanks! Knowing that information I would rather keep the 7:05 and try to get another 2 top. Their system has been having errors for the last 3 days. I am completely now paranoid about my other ADR's!

Oh boy, wait, now I am not sure what to do here. Now I am so confused to be honest because if I kept the 6:25 it is a sure deal and we would be right at the front of Main street. I really wanted to see the characters though. :confused3

Actually, I am on the phone with a CM and they said they will be lighting the castle around 6pm or dusk. There is no set time. They light it when it gets dark enough.

Actually, I am on the phone with a CM and they said they will be lighting the castle around 6pm or dusk. There is no set time. They light it when it gets dark enough.

CM's give different answers. I'd call back and double check that one. Every person that has been and allearsnet is reporting 6:30 as the correct time at this point.

Well then I will stand in the middle of main street from 5:55 until the darn thing lights up! j/k:lmao:

*** on a side note my siggy is not posting all the info I put in it. I wonder why. My next trip is 12/2 and we are staying at the boardwalk! I can't wait!

oh I fixed it. Happy B-day to all the December B-Days! Disney is so magical at Christmas you are so lucky to be there on your B-day!

Sorry, if this has been answered already but is there a 2008 schedule for the events? I've been looking and have only found 2007 schedule.
thanks in advance!

Hi everyone - allears has a schedule of events and a scan of the current map. I'm going on the 20th (even though I'm at a conference and have to be up for an 8:00 session on the 21st!) and am in the process of trying to organize my time just right. 5 more days, can't wait!

refresh my memory please. They only do Christmas Wishes at the MVMCP right? But the Castle lighting is nightly??

Have a question about the snow on Main St. Does it only fall during the parades or is this something that happens all night during the party? Was thinking we'd watch the parade in Frontierland as it may be easier to get a seat but I definitely want my son to see the snow falling at some point during the night.

Have a question about the snow on Main St. Does it only fall during the parades or is this something that happens all night during the party? Was thinking we'd watch the parade in Frontierland as it may be easier to get a seat but I definitely want my son to see the snow falling at some point during the night.

It wasnt constant, but would happen periodically in the hour. There was music playing and then snow would fall :) I cant say more than that, as I didnt stay on main street

Does anyone have any information/pictures of the MVMCP merchandise? I would like to know whats available ahead of time so I can think about what to get and plan the $$ part too!

Thanks so much

Bev

refresh my memory please. They only do Christmas Wishes at the MVMCP right? But the Castle lighting is nightly??

Right on both counts. :thumbsup2

Just be aware that the "snow" is actually soap foam that's blown from the rooftops. So you might not want to let him catch any of it on his tongue! ;)

A quick review of our MVMCP experience. We went on Nov 11, Veterans Day. We enjoyed the event, but wouldn't do it again. We were lucky enough to have gotten Dream Fast passes, so we got on rides quickly. Otherwise the lines were longer than I thought they would be. I used the TGM plan and believed that less people would be on the rides. Enjoyed the shows tremendously! The castle lighting is gorgeous, but they light it at 6:30so you didn't need party tickets to see it. The fireworks were great.

Still trying to figure out whether I want to surprise my family with tickets. We'll be there for the 12/19 party date but don't want to walk into madness.

This is our not a lot of rides but soaking up the Christmas decorations and shows trip with an 18 month old and 10 year old.

If you aren't terribly concerned about the rides that night, is it manageable?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter