***the official may 2013 thread***

Stop me from making anymore ADRs! LOL :rotfl2:

I added the Pirates League for my youngest a few days ago and just made dinner reservations for Yak & Yeti today.

So now we have 5 ADRs for our trip, which is more table service dining than we've EVER done in one trip. Already reserved a Hollywood & Vine character lunch, Rainforest Cafe, Sci Fi Dine In and Tony's Town Square.

I'm so excited!! :hyper:

Today is simply a great day. It's my birthday for one. And more importantly...our countdown is down to double digits!!! I can't wait to be there!

I know easywdw says MK is not recommended for 5/4 but I think we still have to do it early or late. We did CRT last year the first day. This year I have waited too long and is not an option. So i was thinking we could eat something light in the room and head to rope drop and straight to Fantasyland. Make an ADR around 12 then head back to the room till dinner. Anyone know of a first day lunch that would leave a great impression on my 4 year old daughter? :cloud9:
If you're going to be at MK, I would consider Crystal Palace. It's really pretty and the Pooh characters are adorable.

Just wanted to say hi! we will be at POR royal rooms as well may 27-31! Hope you have a great time! We will be celebrating my oldest dd 15th and my 38th birthday :) I have one other daughter who is 9

Hi there! Sounds like you all will have a blast! We can't wait for our first trip, especially staying at POR!

Just found out today we will be going for sure May 4th through 12th! Had to go somewhere to shout it from the roof tops!!:hyper:

Ok i booked an early dinner at Sanaa after the parade at AK on 5.5 . Hoping I made the right chose over Boma?? Any thoughts?

Ok i booked an early dinner at Sanaa after the parade at AK on 5.5 . Hoping I made the right chose over Boma?? Any thoughts?

I love Sanaa, it was my favourite meal of my vacation in 2012 & looking forward to it again in 2013. The steak I had was delicious & although I cannot do spicy food I left the sauces on & really enjoyed it. But it did have a kick. :yay:

Can we be added to the list too?

Dh and I are planning our first couple-only trip May 8th-14th to celebrate our 26th wedding anniversary. We are so excited!:goodvibes

Our son is currently in the college program at Disney so we get to see him too while visiting! Win-win for this mom!

We will be staying at POFQ-a first for us. We have stayed onsite over the years a couple of times at CBR and All Star Music but we usually stay offsite in a house with our large family (usually 8 of us going).

I am counting down the days until we are in that warm Florida sunshine:thumbsup2

ADD ME ADD ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEHAAA!!! do you think Im excited just a tad??? lol got it all finally booked last night....flights, All Star Music Resort...talk about running it to a tight budget..phew. May 5th - May 11th. Thats all our purse strings would allow this year but we are thankful that we are managing to go. We couldnt even eke out a full week this year..oh well, 5 nights is better than no nights. Waiting to the last min to tell the kids. Nice to join you all for the ride.:banana:

I know easywdw says MK is not recommended for 5/4 but I think we still have to do it early or late. We did CRT last year the first day. This year I have waited too long and is not an option. So i was thinking we could eat something light in the room and head to rope drop and straight to Fantasyland. Make an ADR around 12 then head back to the room till dinner. Anyone know of a first day lunch that would leave a great impression on my 4 year old daughter? :cloud9:

Did they say why it was not recommended?? is there something on that weekend?? just wondering?

oh gosh..I have been reading through this thread and feeling a bit left out here..we dont have one single ADR. Truth be told we cant afford to make one either as the budget is sooo tight this year. We will be flying by the seat of our pants this time. Is anyone actually going without ADRs?
The kids have said they would like to eat at the T rex cafe so we are making sure we do that as a definite but other than that we will just be eating at what ever place takes our fancy at that time I guess.

pktbMouse said:
oh gosh..I have been reading through this thread and feeling a bit left out here..we dont have one single ADR. Truth be told we cant afford to make one either as the budget is sooo tight this year. We will be flying by the seat of our pants this time. Is anyone actually going without ADRs?
The kids have said they would like to eat at the T rex cafe so we are making sure we do that as a definite but other than that we will just be eating at what ever place takes our fancy at that time I guess.

We are the same way with ADRs. Hard to justify the price when there are so many other ways to meet the characters. I've had a hard time trying to include one in our budget. For now we have decided to skip them.

I found out what it is....Star wars weekend!! May the 4th be with you!

Star Wars weekends aren't until later in the month. And also wouldn't have much of an effect on MK, just DHS, I think. :) I think May 4th is simply a better day to be at other parks because of it being a Saturday, show times, EMH hours wherever they are, etc. Josh at EasyWDW usually explains it pretty well.

This is our arrival day and I will be in the MK anyway! But we won't get in until around 4, so we will probably go for just a few hours and get one Land out of the way (likely Tommorrowland) and eat dinner. I just can't fathom introducing my girls to WDW anyway but with a first glimpse of the castle.

KangaT and company will be there 23-30 May. The crew will consist of DH, DMIL, 2 out of 3 DSs and one boy's girlfriend. She's not quite the Disneyholic that the rest of us are, but we're working on her! And dear friend Katie, a Disney intern, will be taking a night off to join us. Already vibrating with excitement! Oldest DS will be celebrating college graduation and DH will have his birthday while we're there! Must - not - explode!!!!
pixiedust:

Whoops! Forgot to say we'll be at CBR - a family favorite. Anyone else?

I'm officially in for May 18-26. Working on my final payment and just booked flights!! We are staying at POR for the first time! I'm so exited. Didn't think we were going to fly, but we are!! Which let me sneak in an extra day!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter