• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***The Official March 2016 Thread!***

dakotix

DIS Dad #852 from Central Massachusetts
Ok I searched and search and couldn't find an official March 2016 thread so I am starting one :) We're hoping to catch Stay, Play and Dine just as it is ending and the flower show begins. It may be tight though! We saw the Flower and Garden Show this year and vowed we would not go to Disney at any other time. We are winter weary New Englanders so free dining or not we are there!

We've always done the dining plan and have been lucky to get it for free the last few years so when we went last March we didn't have it because it seemed too costly to pay for. What a mistake that was! We ended up paying the cost of what the Dining plan was out of pocket anyway and that was on all that fast food! Never again! At least if you pay for the plan you have better choices of what to eat.

Hi fellower March 2016er's :wave:
We're going March 25th-April 2 to celebrate DD's 7th Birthday on the 26th, Easter on the 27th, and looking forward to the F&G festival as well. This will be our first time going during spring/springbreak (we normally go to Disney during the fall) and I'm already prepared for much higher crowd levels. Our plan of action is to hit RD each day until lunch and then spend the rest of the afternoon at the resort swimming and relaxing. Any suggestions for a great restaurant that serves brunch on Easter day?

Hey all! So glad to find a March 2016 thread. We'll be there the 14th through the 26th, staying off site at the Orange Lake Resort. We'll have a party of eight, so it just works out better for us to stay off property. And we'll have two (very) little ones, so I expect this trip will include only a few park days. I'm excited about working around the challenges of planning for an offsite stay since I've stayed onsite the last few times. I have an AP, so I might try to fit in a tour when everyone else is relaxing.

WooooHoooo! Just decided last night to go in March with our daughters dance studio. WDW twice in less than a year. Can't wait!! POP I'm coming home!

I was excited to book our March/April stay this morning also. I didn't know what to expect as far as prices but knew they'd be way high due to peak Easter weekend and spring break. I almost fainted :faint: when I saw the initial pricing on all the availability for my dates but once I started opening each resort and saw the actual rates listed for each room, I figured the initisl rate must have been an average of all the room categories combined. Now we get to wait and see what type of spring RO discount offers Disney puts out in October.

You can count us in as well for March. So happy when we could finally book it this morning. We will be there Mar 12-19 at BC. Really looking forward to the F&G Fest.

We will be there March 9 - 19! Three nights at VWL and 6 at BCV. So excited to try VWL for the first time. This will be our 7th trip during this time of the year. The weather is always great and the Flower & Garden Fest is a highlight!!

We're going to try and snag free dining the first week of March. Crossing our fingers!

We're going to try and snag free dining the first week of March. Crossing our fingers!

Has free dining been offered early March before? I saw the "stay, play & dine" offer but did not get the impression that was free dining. I've reserved a package with the dining plan, but free dining would be super magical.

Has free dining been offered early March before? I saw the "stay, play & dine" offer but did not get the impression that was free dining. I've reserved a package with the dining plan, but free dining would be super magical.

Sorry I meant Stay Play and Dine. I know its not free dining but is similar in savings. We have gotten two codes in the mail for free dining for this fall so we're hoping we'll get one in the Spring. We're still on the fence of whether we should go in the beginning of March or wait until the end. We're in New England and leaving when there is still a risk of snow adds stress to our planning.

We are considering going early March for our next trip and was wondering how crowded it would be. We usually go mid Oct (Columbus weekend) or mid Feb (Pres weekend). Also when we have gone in mid Feb, it is nice but colder (like 60's). Should I expect the same?
Thanks!

We are considering going early March for our next trip and was wondering how crowded it would be. We usually go mid Oct (Columbus weekend) or mid Feb (Pres weekend). Also when we have gone in mid Feb, it is nice but colder (like 60's). Should I expect the same?
Thanks!

I really wanted to go the 2nd week of March, as my son's birthday is the 9th, but based on the crowd calendars it appears that 1 week makes a huge difference as once spring break starts the parks fill up and the crowd calendars jump way up!

Thanks!

We went first week of March two year ago during the kid's spring break (Canadian spring break) and it was a little more crowded than Feb but still very manageable. I just used Touring Plans to see which park was the least crowded on which day and with FAstpass + we did everything on our whishlist without contenting with long wait time. We got free dining discount at the time too. I really like traveling at that time of year. The weather was warm enough to swim in the afternoon but cooler in the morning and nights which made it pleasant to be in the parks.

:cool1:I just booked my trip for 2016. I am arriving Feb 29th and leaving March 9th. Hope Disney will offer a discount of some kind. Hoping for a room discount so that I can afford to stay at the Poly, if not we will stick to POFQ. Still did not book my resort. Wondering if I should wait till October when Disney usually starts releasing discounts for Spring 2016.

Last edited:
Hi, joining in! We are planning on going the week of March 14. I am trying to finalize the last few details of our Nov/Dec trip and then I will start working on this one. This trip will be with my youngest son and a friend and her son who also happens to be my sons best friend. We are still trying to decide where we are going to stay but hope to get that worked out soon.

Joining in for a late February-early March trip! Looks like our dates will be Feb 28- Mar 4! Hoping that this will be our last change!

We're looking into taking a short Spring Break trip, March 20-23. Fingers crossed it works out!

We'll be there March 25-29. I wish we could stay longer, but I leave three horses, three dogs, and two cats at home, and that's a lot of boarding fees (dogs) and work for someone (horses) while I'm gone. (Cats are easy!)
I'm excited to see the flowers!

ETA: It's March 25-30 now! Hee hee! Only one day, but makes me happy.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter