The Official MARCH 2012 Thread! Countdown to Spring Break TOGETHER!!

Wife and I are making our 3rd trip March 20-25th. Previously have been in November 2009 and January 2011. Expecting more crowds but better weather. Staying at Pop. 109 days.

I was supposed to be going on May but just booked for March 11th-18th!! My kids are so excited that we actually get to go during Spring Break for once! We're staying at Pop again!

Officially joining this thread to do the happy dance for a great development in our planning!

We *were* booked to fly (SW) out of Louisville at 10:45 am with a layover in Baltimore - making our arrival time 4:05pm. But I happened to be on the website and found that they'd opened up the cheaper fare for a different flight - we are now leaving Lousiville at 1:05pm, and arriving at 3:05pm!!! No layover! Leaving later in the day and arriving earlier than planned! AND - we now have a credit to our SW account! SCORE!:cool1:

I am so stinkin' excited about this trip!

That's awesome Oopsi... I am stalking airfare too... I'd love to get it for the 3 of us for under $600 round trip, but that's not going to happen. :( A girl can dream though.

D~

I'm dreaming right along with you! At this point I'd be happy if I could get RT tickets for me and my kids for under $800 like I had last May but between the time frame and the fact that I'll need a weekend flight both to and from Orlando...it's not looking so good! Looks like it will be a road trip for us!

Im also dreaming with u guys too want to get 4 round tickets for 1500. We need some pixie dust!!!

Hey all reading along but I didnt want to get super involved until I booked. We knew when we wanted to go but had to wait till we had 100% our car would make it through the trip! We are offically march 3-9 but had to switch to Pop because Sport was booked. Which is perfectly fine because that was on our disney bucket list :) This will be our first stay there <3 As if I wasn't excited enough Dh got a pin emailed to him for 30% off our room!!!! We tell our kids on Christmas. I bought them each a new 2012 calendar and wrote leave for disney and then disney on each day we are staying when they all open them we will tell them to look at March!! We told them we could not go this year because of our car needing repairs ( which was true). Let the spamming this thread for me begin ....NOW!:banana:

Hey all reading along but I didnt want to get super involved until I booked. We knew when we wanted to go but had to wait till we had 100% our car would make it through the trip! We are offically march 3-9 but had to switch to Pop because Sport was booked. Which is perfectly fine because that was on our disney bucket list :) This will be our first stay there <3 As if I wasn't excited enough Dh got a pin emailed to him for 30% off our room!!!! We tell our kids on Christmas. I bought them each a new 2012 calendar and wrote leave for disney and then disney on each day we are staying when they all open them we will tell them to look at March!! We told them we could not go this year because of our car needing repairs ( which was true). Let the spamming this thread for me begin ....NOW!:banana:

Sounds like a great way to surprise the kids!

Nevermind! Original post asked for help deciding on which moderate Disney resort to add to the end of my stay. I've deiced on CBR!

My DH and I will be staying at POP March 4-10! Our first Disney trip! SO EXCITED!!! We are going to go before we start having kids (yes Disney will be the official start to our trying! haha!)

My DH and I will be staying at POP March 4-10! Our first Disney trip! SO EXCITED!!! We are going to go before we start having kids (yes Disney will be the official start to our trying! haha!)

I'm from Huntsville, how about you? Maybe we can carpool to Disney?

I'm from Huntsville, how about you? Maybe we can carpool to Disney?

We live in Decatur.. I am originally from HSV/Madison area though! We just moved to Decatur about 2 years ago. Small world! And we are flying.... neither one of us can handle the 10 hour car ride!! Where are you guys staying?

we live in decatur.. I am originally from hsv/madison area though! We just moved to decatur about 2 years ago. Small world! And we are flying.... Neither one of us can handle the 10 hour car ride!! Where are you guys staying?

pofq

70 DAYS!
3d4xR.gif

I'm so excited, I'm going with my two best friends, it's literally my dream trip. ❤ It's from March 3rd to 10th, and the EMH line up PERFECTLY with our schedule. Sooo excited.

Just booked our trip last week and I'm SO EXCITED!!! 4th trip in 4 years (yes, I'm hooked - I'll admit it!)

It will be my DS4 and myself all by ourselves. (I took DD18 last year alone as a graduation present.) We'll be staying at POP from the 25th til the 29th. He has no idea yet that we're going. I ordered one of the 'I'm going to WDW' shirts and wrapped it for Christmas and that's how I'm telling him about the trip!

Only ADR booked so far is Garden Grill for our arrival night. Planning to book Ohana also, but have to decide my days first. I'm still undecided about the other two.

Can't wait!!!

So, DW and I are going to WDW at the end of March. The reservations are all set and just waiting for the countdown. Last night the family was opening our Christmas presents and when it was my turn I opened a package from Daughter and Son-In-Law.....Keys to the Kingdon Tour!!! such a great gift and now I really can't wait, we have never taken a tour before...

Anyone with any suggestions??

We're watching the Disney Parks Parade on ABC. My youngest was watching it and talking about our last trip. "There's Mickey and Minnie!"..."Fireworks at the castle!" She has autism and L-O-V-E-S everything Disney.

So we brought out her Mickey Mouse gift bag with a Jake and the Neverland Pirates t-shirt, Mickey Mouse coloring book, etc. and told her... "We're going to Disney in 68 days!"

*insert screams and excited jumping around here on behalf of my youngest*

Needless to say, she is thrilled!! :yay:

Merry Christmas!!

feels so good to let the cat out of the bag.. now I can talk about it openly with the kids.

Congrats fbaker!!

It takes us 18 hours to get from MI to Disney :( But we are willing to do the time for the prize!!

Not sure if I was reading from another site ( Im disboard addict now) but someone asked if an Ipod would fit in the safe and the answer is yes it will. We took ours last year and put it in there.

So, DW and I are going to WDW at the end of March. The reservations are all set and just waiting for the countdown. Last night the family was opening our Christmas presents and when it was my turn I opened a package from Daughter and Son-In-Law.....Keys to the Kingdon Tour!!! such a great gift and now I really can't wait, we have never taken a tour before...

Anyone with any suggestions??

We're watching the Disney Parks Parade on ABC. My youngest was watching it and talking about our last trip. "There's Mickey and Minnie!"..."Fireworks at the castle!" She has autism and L-O-V-E-S everything Disney.

So we brought out her Mickey Mouse gift bag with a Jake and the Neverland Pirates t-shirt, Mickey Mouse coloring book, etc. and told her... "We're going to Disney in 68 days!"

*insert screams and excited jumping around here on behalf of my youngest*

Needless to say, she is thrilled!! :yay:

Merry Christmas!!

feels so good to let the cat out of the bag.. now I can talk about it openly with the kids.

Congrats fbaker!!

It takes us 18 hours to get from MI to Disney :( But we are willing to do the time for the prize!!

Not sure if I was reading from another site ( Im disboard addict now) but someone asked if an Ipod would fit in the safe and the answer is yes it will. We took ours last year and put it in there.

Can I just take a moment to be jealous? :sad2: We are going in March, but will keep it a surprise until the day we leave. There were several times this past weekend that DH and I both had to clamp our mouths shut from spilling the beans!!! :eek: The Disney parade was AWESOME and we kept mouthing things to each other in our excitement for all the things we will get to see again. DH is finally becoming a bit of a Disney fanatic too!!! :rotfl2:

Can I just take a moment to be jealous? :sad2: We are going in March, but will keep it a surprise until the day we leave. There were several times this past weekend that DH and I both had to clamp our mouths shut from spilling the beans!!! :eek: The Disney parade was AWESOME and we kept mouthing things to each other in our excitement for all the things we will get to see again. DH is finally becoming a bit of a Disney fanatic too!!! :rotfl2:

But think how surprised and happy they'll be when you surprise them that day!!! :yay:

We would love to have told our youngest the day we leave but, because she has autism, surprises really upset her. She needs to be prepared for changes in her routine...even happy changes like going to Disney!

So she does much better with preparation and a "countdown". I have an app on my smartphone that counts down the days to Disney and she now checks it *every* morning. :laughing:

DH and I are heading down to POFQ for March 4-15 - at that time I'll be around 20 weeks pregnant. I realize that will change a few of our plans in terms of rides and perhaps our speed BUT I'm nervous because right now I'm just SO tired. I work, I come home and nap and then I go to bed. I can't imagine doing Disney while this exhausted. Everyone keeps telling me that all my energy will come back in the 2nd trimester - I sure hope so because I'm not sure I could do Disney at the level I'm at. Any advice?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter