The Official MARCH 2012 Thread! Countdown to Spring Break TOGETHER!!

March 25-31 at POR Here! I have been trying to add a day and check in a day early but the packages are full! We'll probably end up staying off site and checking in early, early so we can get a full day at the parks!??

After reading yours I feel so lucky, just made my reservations on Thursday November 10th at at 9:30am Central time. Reserved March 25 - 30 at POR and put a special request in for Magnolia. Also made my first ADR, Sunday the 25th at Le Cellier.

Oh, time cannot go quick enough!!! I am so anxious to head to Disney! I spoke to my cousin yesterday who lives 15 minutes from Disney. She and her family are now going to join us for dinner at 'Ohana....pretty neat since we all know what 'Ohana means. ;)

Keeping this surprise from the kids is pure TORTURE!!! Seriously, we planned for a year ahead last time and it did not seem to take this long. We had constant Disney countdown stuff going on to help pass the time: countdown paper chain, weekly Disney surprises packed in the kids' lunches, Disney movie nights, Disney themed games at the dinner table...can't do any of that this time. 118 days and counting.... :rolleyes1

March 25-31 at POR Here! :surfweb: I have been trying to add a day and check in a day early but the packages are full! We'll probably end up staying off site and checking in early, early so we can get a full day at the parks!?? :wizard:

YAY!!! I just added a day!!! I figured I would keep calling and calling to see if I could get lucky enough to get in... and I did!! Just goes to show that being a pain in the keaster pays off! :banana:

YAY!!! I just added a day!!! I figured I would keep calling and calling to see if I could get lucky enough to get in... and I did!! Just goes to show that being a pain in the keaster pays off! :banana:

Grats on the extra day!!! :woohoo::woohoo:

So my question is to park hop or not? We have in the past but only when they had really late EMH. Looking at the park hours everything closes by 9 except for a few nights. So do we spend the money on that or waterparks and more?? We will be there March 3-10 at POR.Opinions please:goodvibes

So my question is to park hop or not? We have in the past but only when they had really late EMH. Looking at the park hours everything closes by 9 except for a few nights. So do we spend the money on that or waterparks and more?? We will be there March 3-10 at POR.Opinions please:goodvibes

Great Question!! :thumbsup2

We never get park hoppers - unless they are a free upgrade. :thumbsup2. We dont have time enough to go from here to there and back again. We typically do the DDP which takes up a lot of our time, not to mention the transportation from our resort to the parks.... Maybe down the road... Our kids are little - 5, 9 & 13 at our time of travel. We can take up a whole day in a park... maybe when the kids get older we will, but not yet.

:surfweb: I am sure there are some childless people out there who may feel differently....

I never do park hoppers either. Some people won't go with out them, and others (like me) don't want to waste the extra $$.

Personally, I make sure that I have extra days on my passes - it's cheaper. So, I make sure that I have enough days, even for our arrival day, leaving day and our day off in between. So, say we get there early in the day on our arrival day - that's a half day we can go into a park - if we want to. On our day off - if we want to walk into a park and do the evening show - we can... that way we don't feel pressured to do it on our actual park day. And if we want to get one last ride in somewhere before we leave - we just go to that park at Rope Drop and ride for one last time. Otherwise, we just deal with the one park per day... we get as much as we can done in the morning right away, and just enjoy the rest of our day, doing what we feel like doing.

I am sure that others will have reasons why they enjoy having PH - and someday, we might change our minds and want the convenience - but for right now, the basic tickets work fine for us. :)

D~

Okay ... I'm on the fence about hoppers to be honest. I'll just explain my sides ... because I truly think every family is different and have their own needs and should determine what works best for them. :cloud9:

In 2009, 2010, 2011 we had non-hopper tickets. We didn't have a need for hopping. We would pick a park and spend the entire day at it. However, we had tickets for every day of our trip each visit. Some parks we got to visit more than once. When we were finished with the park for the day, we'd go shopping at DTD or swimming at the resort. In 2010, we added WPF&M. We got our money's worth -- we went to DQ and both WPs that week in the AM and a park of the evening (well on WP days, we did DQ on arrival day). The only issue I had with the WPs was it was too cool outside for me. I was fine while in the water, but moving from area to area. Brrrr! (That was in April.) Most people were fine, though. But I freeze easily.

Anyway ... where was I? :confused3 Oh ... I asked DH if we could splurge on Hoppers for our 2012 trip. I wanted to hop on our AK day and arrival day. DH shot me down and said we have no need to do more than one park per day. Plus, he didn't want to shell out the money.

However, if I can come up with the extra money before our trip, I'm totally getting hoppers this year.

So ... to summarize: In the past, we didn't have a need. I see a need for our next trip. If you can find a way to make it worth your money, then go for it. If you can't make it worth your money, look at other things to keep you occupied. Like adding WPF&M and going to a park in the AM, WP mid-day, then back to that same park for the evening.

I'm anxious to see what you decide! :goodvibes

I never do park hoppers either. Some people won't go with out them, and others (like me) don't want to waste the extra $$.

Personally, I make sure that I have extra days on my passes - it's cheaper. So, I make sure that I have enough days, even for our arrival day, leaving day and our day off in between. So, say we get there early in the day on our arrival day - that's a half day we can go into a park - if we want to. On our day off - if we want to walk into a park and do the evening show - we can... that way we don't feel pressured to do it on our actual park day. And if we want to get one last ride in somewhere before we leave - we just go to that park at Rope Drop and ride for one last time. Otherwise, we just deal with the one park per day... we get as much as we can done in the morning right away, and just enjoy the rest of our day, doing what we feel like doing.

I am sure that others will have reasons why they enjoy having PH - and someday, we might change our minds and want the convenience - but for right now, the basic tickets work fine for us. :)

D~

D~, I agree. Granted, I'd like them this upcoming trip ... but DH doesn't want them (money and time). But like you, we get tickets for everyday. After so many days, it's only $5 more per ticket ... so why not? :confused3

For our 2013 trip, I am insisted on hoppers. That way, I can make dinner ADRs wherever I want and decide what park to start out our day with later. (Especially since I'm hoping to score an ADR at the new Fantasyland restaurant.) But it will be a kid-free trip with at least one girl who's never been. And we'll totally be focused on EMHs ... it will also help us feel like we don't have to commit to a specific park.

We have always used Park Hoppers. I find it is a lot easier to plan our days and where we want to eat with them. We have gone many times when it was very busy Easter week-4x, Memorial Day week, and our last visit smack dab in the middle of Spring Break 3/24-3/31 in 2009, Easter was 4/12 that year and good grief the crowds were wall to wall :scared1: it was nice to zip from one park to another when you just could not stand being in the crunch of crowds.

We will have them again in March but I am hopeing for lower crowds since we are going early in the month

We do not get park hoppers either...we have the same exact philosophy as D~...park tickets for everyday we are there. We just don't want to pay the extra $ nor lose the extra time it takes to get from one place to another, and since we usually go at the first of March it is just too cool for waterparks. I never even got into our resort pool this past trip...DH and the kids did, but I am like Lidian...I get cold too easily!

Thank you to everyone for your imput! This is where we are in our decision making process. After looking at our touring plan we can go to MK 2 days, Epcot 2 days, AK 1 and HS 1 and hit all the EM hours we are wanting. Soooo, We are going to skip the park hoppers this time, get 8 day MYW tickets which will allow us to get in on arrival day and our last day if we want(thanks D for that thought!)!

We do not get park hoppers either...we have the same exact philosophy as D~...park tickets for everyday we are there. We just don't want to pay the extra $ nor lose the extra time it takes to get from one place to another, and since we usually go at the first of March it is just too cool for waterparks. I never even got into our resort pool this past trip...DH and the kids did, but I am like Lidian...I get cold too easily!

Oopsi thanks for the imput on the water parks! I really am torn about them the first week of March. I get cold so easily also maybe its a Tennessee thing;)! We are going to wait until closer to time to add them so we can see a closer in forcast.

I just love how helpful our Dis family can be!!!:cheer2:

Thank you to everyone for your imput! This is where we are in our decision making process. After looking at our touring plan we can go to MK 2 days, Epcot 2 days, AK 1 and HS 1 and hit all the EM hours we are wanting. Soooo, We are going to skip the park hoppers this time, get 8 day MYW tickets which will allow us to get in on arrival day and our last day if we want(thanks D for that thought!)!

Oopsi thanks for the imput on the water parks! I really am torn about them the first week of March. I get cold so easily also maybe its a Tennessee thing;)! We are going to wait until closer to time to add them so we can see a closer in forcast.

I recommend waiting until you're down there before deciding on adding WPF&M option. :goodvibes

I figured if I didn't care for them in April, I wouldn't care for them in March ... but then again, the weather is nuts, and it could be insanely hot first week of March and they'd be perfect. So I vote to wait until you arrive before deciding. :goodvibes

We are big hopper fans. We take a mid-day break everyday and like to be able to visit a different park in the evening. Our mornings are pretty "scheduled", we like to have the flexibility in the evenings. We almost never return to the Same park, so hoppers are a must for us.

Our trip was originally March 10 - 17 at AKV - Kidani...2 br for 9 of us. DH and I are flying and the other 7 are driving down. When we went to book our flights today, we found we could save well over $100 by coming home Monday instead of Saturday...so we booked a studio at BLT for 3/17 and 3/19. I am so excited...never thought we would ever get to try BLT.

Will any of the fellow March DISers be at OKW? It's our first time there (renting points) and we're extremely excited....would love any tips about the resort during March!

Not sure if you are aware of it or not but Typhoon Lagoon is closed for it's annual refurbishment from Dec. 4 thru March 17.

Okay Disers...need your help. DH and I are crunching numbers to see if we could possibly fly instead of drive. :scared1: Could anyone tell me off the cuff the cost of ME per person from MCO?

Okay Disers...need your help. DH and I are crunching numbers to see if we could possibly fly instead of drive. :scared1: Could anyone tell me off the cuff the cost of ME per person from MCO?

Isn't ME included (free) with a resort stay? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter