The Official MARCH 2012 Thread! Countdown to Spring Break TOGETHER!!

SO excited!:yay::yay:

Going March 3-10, staying at the POFQ. Free dining!! Can anyone tell me what the King Bed rooms are like?

Just bought my plane tix- 260 bucks round trip from NYC, could have waited for cheaper but we knew we wanted to fly Jet Blue, and we knew which flights we wanted(early out, late back), so we figured it would be better to get 'em now, and pay a little more, than be stuck flying something else at less than optimal times. :banana:

Got some good ADRs- I was just changing one, and noticed that they still had lots of Cindy Castle ADRs available for 3/3.

3/3-Crystal Palace
3/4-Rose & Crown
3/5-Flying Fish
3/6-off property(don't tell)
3/7-Garden Grill
3/8-Mama Melrose- Fantasmic! Package
3/9-Biergarten

Lots of Epcot eating, but that's the way it shook out. Might change some of the later ones.

Officially booked! March 4 - 15 POFQ

I was nervous about getting the ADRs I wanted since I was already passed the 180 day mark, BUT I got pretty well everything I wanted!

March 5 - Plaza for Lunch (OOP); Tony's for Dinner
March 6 - Via Napoli for Dinner
March 7 - Sci-Fi for Lunch
March 8 - Boma for Breakfast
March 9 - Crystal Palace for Breakfast
March 10 - 'Ohana for Dinner
March 11 - Le Cellier for Lunch
March 12 - Les Chefs de France for Dinner
March 13 - Cape May for Dinner (NEW!)
March 14 - Citricos for Dinner (NEW!)

We decided to try 2 new restaurants this time and I"m pretty excited to see how they go!

Does anybody know when can we start making recervation for the Dessert Party at Magic Kingdom????

We're going to DisneyWorld!! We'll be there March 24 to 30th...It's our spring break. There will be 10 of us going my sister's family, my MIL (who's paying for our trip), and my family. It will be a surprise to my DD's and their cousins that we are breaking the news to them at Christmas time....but they will be super excited as I am!! We went to DL in 09 and Daddy told them we could not afford to go back for at least 10 years...this will definitely be a surprise to them! All the kids will be super excited! But I may be the most excited. 1st time for me to DW...am pouring over the boards to learn all I can about what we should do and not do...want to make the most of our time and see as much as we can.

MIL made reservations to stay at POFQ in a family suite I think she said don't even ask the price so I didn't. :) We've decided to do a character meal of I think princess breakfast and have reservations for rainforest cafe for dinner one night.

super excited!!! any advice or posts to threads relevant would be great...ideas for announcing it to the kids at xmas would be welcomed too...MIL wants shirts for all to say I'm going to DW so I'm looking for those too...

@ Norma Munzo the dessert partys for December is open now so by this trend it will be up in January!! I am waiting anxiously too!!! We loved going to this in June!

We are booked March 3-10 for POR and free dining! Got all our ADRS!!!!:cool1: Now just waiting for the Dessert Reception at MK to open up!!!
March 5: Chefs de France
March 7: Tusker House and Spirit of Aloha
March 8: Chef Mickeys for DS birthday
March 9: Teppan Edo
March 10: Kona

Hate to be the one go bring bad news, but I read on the dis somewhere earlier this week about big thunder mountain rr will be closed for refurbishment. Couldn't find the link on the dis, but saw it on stitch kingdom and wdwmagic as well:

http://wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Big...t-for-lengthy-refurbishment-in-early-2012.htm

But maybe some of the new fantasyland will start to opening up however:
http://wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Dum...lose-for-relocation-in-early-January-2012.htm

My daughter was really excited to ride btmrr the next time we went...doesn't look good for our late march trip...darn.

@ Norma Munzo the dessert partys for December is open now so by this trend it will be up in January!! I am waiting anxiously too!!! We loved going to this in June!

THANK YOU:flower3: THIS IS GOING TO BE THE FIRST TIME WE ARE DOING THIS AND WE ARE VERY EXITED!!!:yay:

Hate to be the one go bring bad news, but I read on the dis somewhere earlier this week about big thunder mountain rr will be closed for refurbishment. Couldn't find the link on the dis, but saw it on stitch kingdom and wdwmagic as well:

http://wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Big...t-for-lengthy-refurbishment-in-early-2012.htm

But maybe some of the new fantasyland will start to opening up however:
http://wdwmagic.com/Attractions/Dum...lose-for-relocation-in-early-January-2012.htm

My daughter was really excited to ride btmrr the next time we went...doesn't look good for our late march trip...darn.

THis makes me so sad. It's only been open once while we've been there. The only up side, is if BTMRR is down for refurb - Splash should be open, right??? I doubt they'd refurb both of them at the same time.

D~

Subbing...

DH and I just booked our trip last night. We were planning to go in Oct. 12, but decided to take advantage of the free dining. POR March 8-14th! party: We were there March of this year so DH wants to know "is this going to become an annual pilgrimage?" Well, yeah!!!!!!!!:lmao:

My family was so bummed when we heard about BTMR. I'm sure the other mountains will be open so that's good. When we went a few years ago Space Mountain was closed and that was AWFUL.

We are going 3/29-4/6 to get in on free dinning, we have never gone on spring break (well I went on spring break once about 30 years ago) and are kind of worried about the crowds... hoping for the best. Anyone have an idea on how busy the week before Easter will be?

Hi All!!!

We will be at Animal Kingdom Villas- Kidani from March 10 'til March 17.
It will be Hubby & me, DD & DSIL, and the 5 GrandKids (Boys 8 & 5, Girls 5 & 5 & 3). We will be in a 2BR Villa. It is our first time at Kidani, although Hubby and I were at AKL just after it opened.

Our ADR's

3/10 -Boma (D)
3/11 - Crystal Palace(D)
3/12 - Cape May Cafe' (D)
3/13 - Mama Melrose (late L/early D-Fantasmic package)
3/14 - Ohana (D)
3/15 - Norway(D)-Kids will be "Bippidi-Boppidi-Boutique"'d in amprincess:
3/16 - none...will do counter service at Cosmic Ray's.
3/17 - Chef Mickey's (B)-farewell meal

Looking forward so much to this vacation.

Subbing...

DH and I just booked our trip last night. We were planning to go in Oct. 12, but decided to take advantage of the free dining. POR March 8-14th! party: We were there March of this year so DH wants to know "is this going to become an annual pilgrimage?" Well, yeah!!!!!!!!:lmao:

How were the crowds last March???

Hi All!!!

We will be at Animal Kingdom Villas- Kidani from March 10 'til March 17.
It will be Hubby & me, DD & DSIL, and the 5 GrandKids (Boys 8 & 5, Girls 5 & 5 & 3). We will be in a 2BR Villa. It is our first time at Kidani, although Hubby and I were at AKL just after it opened.

Our ADR's

3/10 -Boma (D)
3/11 - Crystal Palace(D)
3/12 - Cape May Cafe' (D)
3/13 - Mama Melrose (late L/early D-Fantasmic package)
3/14 - Ohana (D)
3/15 - Norway(D)-Kids will be "Bippidi-Boppidi-Boutique"'d in amprincess:
3/16 - none...will do counter service at Cosmic Ray's.
3/17 - Chef Mickey's (B)-farewell meal

Looking forward so much to this vacation.

All of your ADRs look awesome! :wizard:

D~

Yea! The DH loved his first trip to Disney so much (October 1-8) that he got home and asked "when we going again?" So we crunched some numbers, and decided to skip Christmas this year (for each other anyway) and decided to return home in 140 days, and take advantage of the free dining.

We moved up a resort level too, we just booked 5 nights at Coronado Springs March 3-8. I've only ever stayed at the POP, so I'm super excited to try something new. :thumbsup2

Immediately after booking I hit the ADR's,,, we were able to get our favorites, and try Ohana and Le Cellier, for we were not so fortunate on this last trip... In addition to those two we also secured a spot at Teppan Edo, Whispering Canyon Cafe and the Yak & Yeti, three of our favorites...

Woo - Whoo, let the countdown begin! :yay:

Due to some potential changes with my husband's "work" schedule, it looks like we are going in March (7-17) instead of end of May/beginning of June. I just booked POR in March last night as a *just in case* because we should know more by the end of the year about his schedule. Now, I'm frantically planning ADR's. :lmao:

I kind of hope that March is our "go" date for sure because it gets us there faster:rotfl:, but the reason behind the why we have to go then is less than happy:sad2: .:sad1: But, duty calls, ya know?

Crowd levels for us were GREAT last year!!! We were able to do everything we wanted.

Our ADR's:

3/8- Boatright's Dining Hall (we are driving 11 hrs to get there, so we are sticking close to the room that night)

3/9- Le Chef's de France (this is the only one I am "iffy" on whether we will like it or not, but we want to be adventurous :lmao:)

3/10- Ohana

3/11- Tony's Town Square (going to try to get a front porch table to watch the electrical parade)

3/12- 50's Primetime Cafe

3/13- Tusker House

3/14- counter service as this is going home day. :sad1:

We tried to get Le Cellier, but since we booked the trip at 145 days til the vacation we didn't have a chance in....well you know. :rotfl2:

Any DIS veterans on here? I had a question about EMH and fast passes:

for evening EMH do you get fast passes??? We are doing all night time magic hours this time (we did only morning last time). We are hoping to NOT be involved in ANY rope drop fast pass dashes!!! :scared1: So, do you get fast passes for evening magic hours? Do you pick them up AFTER park closing or while the park is open to the public will you be able to get them with magic hours return times??? :confused3 Can anyone help?

This is a lengthy post, but regarding being adventurous with our dining, this is our ADR breakdown in cuisine...

Boatright's Dining Hall- Cajun
Ohana- Hawaiian
Le Chef's de France- French
Tony's Town Square- Italian
50's Primetime- American
Tusker House- African

We are taking a culinary tour of the world! :rotfl:

Subbing...

DH and I just booked our trip last night. We were planning to go in Oct. 12, but decided to take advantage of the free dining. POR March 8-14th!

I thought they only had the free dining March 3 - 8 and March 24 - 29? How did you get March 8 - 14?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter