• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The *OFFICIAL JUNE 2011 THREAD* "Some Like it Hot" & Some Like it Even Hotter! Part 2

Hi all!!

I've missed like twelve pages since I've been gone, huh?

Well... It was hot, it was, crazy, but it was.... AWESOME!

The "bad" times: 2 hour and 10 minute bus ride (my fault), lost wallet (TWICE), food poisoning, two bad falls, $88 valet bill (and the car never moved)

The "good" times: well... it was all "good times" but these were some great times: Jiko dinner, found wallet (TWICE), family bonding, early checkins, club lounge for 4 nights, etc...

Because I am prepping for a 4 night business trip (I leave in 2 days), I don't have time for a TR right now, but here is the entire link to ALL the vacay photos!!! wooohooo!! Have a ball (especially those of you waiting to leave for your trips and are oozing with excitement.)

Click here to be transported to the Infante Family Vacation 2011

Listen to our crazy Chicago weather. On Wednesday, our themostat clocked 102. Yesterday, the high was 54!!! Ugh! I went jogging this mornng and I could see my breath!!! Crazy!!!! I don't know if that had something to do with me being hot, or what. It was probably in the mid 50's.

:eek:

We leave in 7 hours! I still have several things on my to do list. I'm going to get the minivan washed and filled up this morning. Then I need to get some cash for tolls. The last of the packing, load up the van, then hit the road after lunch.

You are probably gone by now but have a safe trip. Maybe we will see each other there. We get there on Tuesday AM :thumbsup2

It looked crowded!!! How were the wait times?

Your daughter is such a cutie!!!

we did rope drop most mornings. When we reached fastpass kiosk the waits for popular rides were about 20 minutes, when we returned to ride with pass, the standby was usually around 50-60 minutes.

Dumbo was a walk on at 8:10 AM (EMH). and small world had NO ONE near it. very odd. Although, Peter Pan and Winnie were ridiculous by 8;30 and stayed that way.

EPCOT was the worst crowd at rope drop.

DHS on Friday was NUTS!!! The photos DH took around Star Tours were typical crowd level.

Buses, oddly enough, were never packed. longest time to wait for bus was from Sarasota Springs (long story on why we were there) and that was about 30 minutes- seemed like longer. The usual was about 10 minutes. Monorail was completely closed down twice.

ARRIVING JUNE 11
colt06 June 11-16 @ POLY
alycia23 June 11-16 @ POP
Band mom! June 11-17 @ All Star Sports
harleys mom June 11-18 @ WL
LuvBug1977June 11-18 @ ASMu
humalexis- June 11- 18 @ Windsor Hills Townhouse (off property)
Madi's Mom June 11-18 @ CBR
turtlebean- June 11-18 @ POR
littleangie June 11-18@ POP
mekia2001 June 11-18 @ off property
Hoosiermom2j&b June 11-18 @ off property
Dallas Lady June 11-18 @ Windsor Hills Condos (off property)
aprilfoolwed June 11-19 @ off property
BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM June 11-19 @ POR
GraceLuvsWDW June 11 @ WL and June 12-19 @ Bonnet Creek (off property)
lvheliofan June 11-20 @ Windsor Hills House (off property)
carver36 June 11-22 @ BLT
princesskelz June 11-22 @ BLT
Suzanne033 June 11- ? @ Windsor Palms (off property)

Disney tomorrow, the day is finally here.
You're all packed and ready; now it's time to cheer.
Hope your trip is merry and filled with special things.
And that you are surrounded with the magic that Disney brings!

Have a great trip everyone that is leaving tomorrow. :car: Safe travels and be sure to report back to us when you return. :wave:

Sorry I didn't say goodbye to the June 11 people sooner. We had preschool graduation today. The kids were so excited. We had a really long day but lots of fun. Tomorrow we have a wedding to go to and then....we will be that much closer to Disney. We got some surprise gifts for Disney in the mail from our TA. The kids each got a pair of Mickey ears and they each got an autograph book. I thought that was really cute. We are still waiting on our Mickey Mail though. Our package book hasn't come yet. Our TA has called Disney twice. They said, it's in the mail, but it hasn't come yet. This better get sorted out this week because if it doesn't someone will not be a happy camper.

I keep forgetting to call them to ask for a second set of DME luggage tags for DH when he comes back. Hopefully you get your package soon.

ARRIVING JUNE 11
colt06 June 11-16 @ POLY
alycia23 June 11-16 @ POP
Band mom! June 11-17 @ All Star Sports
harleys mom June 11-18 @ WL
LuvBug1977June 11-18 @ ASMu
humalexis- June 11- 18 @ Windsor Hills Townhouse (off property)
Madi's Mom June 11-18 @ CBR
turtlebean- June 11-18 @ POR
littleangie June 11-18@ POP
mekia2001 June 11-18 @ off property
Hoosiermom2j&b June 11-18 @ off property
Dallas Lady June 11-18 @ Windsor Hills Condos (off property)
aprilfoolwed June 11-19 @ off property
BABY_EINSTEIN'S_MOM June 11-19 @ POR
GraceLuvsWDW June 11 @ WL and June 12-19 @ Bonnet Creek (off property)
lvheliofan June 11-20 @ Windsor Hills House (off property)
carver36 June 11-22 @ BLT
princesskelz June 11-22 @ BLT
Suzanne033 June 11- ? @ Windsor Palms (off property)

Disney tomorrow, the day is finally here.
You're all packed and ready; now it's time to cheer.
Hope your trip is merry and filled with special things.
And that you are surrounded with the magic that Disney brings!

Have a great trip everyone that is leaving tomorrow. :car: Safe travels and be sure to report back to us when you return. :wave:

We're on that list! Our flight leaves in 12 hours! YAY!!!:banana::banana:

We got home from Disney around 11pm 6/8. Had a fabulous time! But it was a busy vacation with a couple of 12hr marathon days. I thought the heat was actually quite mild, especially with the breezes, until the last day. Maybe it was the thought that we couldn't return to the hotel (since we'd already checked out) but I thought I'd DIE!!! Worst part: DD15 decided she had to see Peter Pan, greet line closed down right in front of us :headache:; we were advised to come back at noon, then after the 3pm parade, then 4:30--NO PAN!! My DH went to the Mayor at City Hall to complain (we got 3 "any ride" fast passes but still no Pan). Second worst: DD17 HAD to get in the Tangled meet-n-greet line: pure torture for 90 minutes! :scared1:: a group of about 10 families go in, kids do color sheets & a little folk dance :confused:, then Flynn & Rapunzel come out & do the traditional sign & photo thing, then they take a 15 min. break. Meanwhile everyone waiting is just standing still for 30-40 minutes! It was awful!

We watched Wishes from the Poly beach with carlnix's while he was trying to get the live feed going (Honestly, that was a lot of WORK for a VACATION: hope all his efforts were appreciated).
  • Dinner at Les Chefs with a Remy visit, despite our snooty French waitress
  • Leaving messages, like "thank you--off to Epcot" for our mousekeeper & her writing back to us by the end of our stay
  • Seeing Fantasmic for the first time!
  • Being "That Family"--not in the Laugh Floor Show but in being our loud, boisterous selves having a grand time at WDW
  • Actually taking the midday break twice!
:banana:

I could check in online if I wanted to!:banana: Not sure I want to since it's our first trip to Disney and to Pop. We might just wait and be surprised when we get there with no requests or anything and see what happens. My daughter in very much into the whole peace sign thing and really wants to stay in the 60's section but most of those rooms are preferred and I hear of so many other people wanting to get into that section that I am just not sure it would happen. Oh well.

We will be in Florida in 36 hours!!!

I'm not worried about the heat, but the rain forecast has be wondering...

Just resisted the urge to make changes to ADR's. Need something Disney to keep my mind occupied. I think I'll pull out scrapbooking supplies and work on making mousekeeping tip envelopes instead.

14 days!! :banana:

Just resisted the urge to make changes to ADR's. Need something Disney to keep my mind occupied. I think I'll pull out scrapbooking supplies and work on making mousekeeping tip envelopes instead.

14 days!! :banana:

I cancelled/added ADRs while I was there! :lmao:

Undoubtedly I will change up some ADRs during my vacation. If anyone is stalking a Le Cellier ressie, I just canceled at 4:05 PM for Th 6/23.

Start driving down in 2.5 hrs :banana: Staying at the Clarion tonight and then to CBR :thumbsup2 Too excited to sleep!!!

Safe travels, everyone!
:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter