The *OFFICIAL JUNE 2011 THREAD* "Some Like it Hot" & Some Like it Even Hotter! Part 2

As I stated in another thread, we are noobs who have been lurking for quite some time and wanted to thank everyone for the valuable info you have provided thread after thread.

Our family will be coming to the CR June 20st to 26st )I know its wrong just seeing if you are paying attention):)

Its been since 1984 and a visit to Epcot since my last visit to LBV...so we are most excited to be seeing if from the eyes of DD and DS who are 7 & 9.

We will try and post our ADR soon.

Welcome to the group! There is nothing like watching your children's expressions for the first time!

WHEW! My house is CLEAN!

Now if I can keep it that way until we leave it will be a miracle-but if they know what's good for them there will not be any messes :rolleyes1

I packed my suitcase yesterday and was very proud of being all done with that. Today it popped into my head that I didn't pack ANY of my shirts :headache: At least I remembered it today and not on the plane :rotfl:

The ticker says 4 days-I'm gonna go ahead and say 3 since today is almost over :thumbsup2

Welcome to all of the new Junies :grouphug:

Hooray for everyone lucky enough to be leaving this weekend :cheer2:

Welcome to the group! There is nothing like watching your children's expressions for the first time!

Thank you kindly anjalee

Here is our ADR list for week of June 20th:

M - Kouzzina
T - California Grill
W - Chef Mickey's (AM)
- Cinderella's Royal Table (PM)
TR - ESPN Club (Walk up as they dont have ADR)
F - Flying Fish Café
S - The Wave...of American Flavors

Thank you kindly anjalee

Here is our ADR list for week of June 20th:

M - Kouzzina
T - California Grill
W - Chef Mickey's (AM)
- Cinderella's Royal Table (PM)
TR - ESPN Club (Walk up as they dont have ADR)
F - Flying Fish Café
S - The Wave...of American Flavors

Would you be so kind of to provide times for your ADRs if you want them to be added to our list? It is much easier to add to the list that way.

Would you be so kind of to provide times for your ADRs if you want them to be added to our list? It is much easier to add to the list that way.

sure thing

M - Kouzzina 6:35 p.m
T - California Grill 5:45 p.m
W - Chef Mickey's (AM) 8:05 a.m
- Cinderella's Royal Table (PM) 6:55 p.m
TR - ESPN Club (Walk up as they dont have ADR) TBD
F - Flying Fish Café 7:05 p.m
S - The Wave...of American Flavors 5:30 p.m

sure thing

M - Kouzzina 6:35 p.m
T - California Grill 5:45 p.m
W - Chef Mickey's (AM) 8:05 a.m
- Cinderella's Royal Table (PM) 6:55 p.m
TR - ESPN Club (Walk up as they dont have ADR) TBD
F - Flying Fish Café 7:05 p.m
S - The Wave...of American Flavors 5:30 p.m

I added them to the list. :thumbsup2 Looks like you will be at some of the restaurants at the same time as other JUNIES.

Ok guys/gals....

How much Sunscreen do YOU bring on vacation? (per person?):confused3

I am trying to figure out how much to bring for our trip (It will just be DD4 & myself)

I have 2 of the spray bottles and plan to pick up 2 more bottles of the actual lotion... will this be enough?

Ok guys/gals....

I am trying to figure out how much to bring for our 12day trip (miami & WDW)... It will be DD4 & myself....

I have 2 of the spray bottles and plan to pick up 2 more bottles of the actual lotion... will this be enough?

Oh geez! I bought a ton! What's really sad is I keep picking up the small, travel size to keep in my backback as well as a bottle of Coppertone "Faces." (We'll have an 18-month old in a stroller, and I'm worried about her little feet sticking out and getting burned.) I've wanted to get the girls outside to play and get some sun before we leave, but it has been so cold here that we're out of luck. (One of the local ski resorts has so much snow it will offer weekend skiing until the 4th of July.)

Anyways, I shipped two spray bottles, 1 scalp spray (Banana Boat makes it), 1 pump bottle of sunblock, and about 3 more bottles (one for adults, one for kids, one for babies). That stuff is heavy! It's a lot, but I know we'll sweat it off, and we are so pasty white after this long winter I figured "better safe than sorry." Sunburn can totally ruin a vacation.

I also was afraid of running out and having to buy it at the park where, I imagine, it's quite a bit more expensive.

So, there ya go. We got a LOOOOOTTT of sunblock. :beach:

Ok guys/gals....

I am trying to figure out how much to bring for our trip (It will just be DD4 & myself)

We bring one bottle/tube for each person (and then I also bring face sunscreen because regular sunscreen makes my face break out). We also bring a roll on stick just in case for the scalp and we also bring chap stick with sunblock in it. I hate sunburned lips. They are the worst. :eek:

I just did my Online Check-In for part 1 of my trip!!!:cool1:

Yay! That is so exciting. We decided to skip online check in this year. We are only doing this because my mom is also traveling with us and we wanted to make sure that we could try to get rooms close to each other. I didn't want to risk it by doing online check in as we have not booked two separate rooms like this before. We will see how it goes. Hopefully it doesn't slow down the process in any way.

Whooohoo!! Yay for Mickey Mail!!!

Thank you for acknowledging my post- I feel like they are looked over most of the time!

Yay! That is so exciting. We decided to skip online check in this year. We are only doing this because my mom is also traveling with us and we wanted to make sure that we could try to get rooms close to each other. I didn't want to risk it by doing online check in as we have not booked two separate rooms like this before. We will see how it goes. Hopefully it doesn't slow down the process in any way.

I am still debating whether or not to do online check-in!

Thanks for the response :) I have had an ever-building list for the last 3 months :) I just KNOW I'm forgetting something I'll need :scared:

BUT!!!!!! :confused3 I'm not gonna let it bother me cus tomorrow at 5 pm I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!

MY MEDICINE and hubby's eyedrops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG THAT'S IT!!!!!!!

:woohoo:

I'm such an idiot. I NEVER would have forgotten those things but they were never on my list hahahahahaha :lmao:

Thanks for letting me freak out :worship:

Thanks. My son's pediatrician never mentioned a peak flow meter. Where would I get one? From the doctor?

any medical supply place should have it. You can check to see if your insurance would cover it also, we used our flexible spending account to pay for it. It's just a little plastic tube that looks like a flute and you blow in it and there's a little ball that you measure how far they blow. Do it on a day that he's not having any respiratory trouble so you get a baseline. Then you can periodically have him blow into it and it gives you an idea of whether or not his air flow is restricted. My son has had pneumonia and bronchitis so many times I can't count so we use this from time to time and if he's having trouble we go to the nebulizer. He thinks the peak flow is like a game, how high can he get?:laughing:

I keep debating if I should do on-line check in. I'd love to save time but I can't request the specific location I want so I think I'm gonna pass. We'll see what happens! But regardless, it's so exciting to know that the time has come where you can!:thumbsup2
Ok guys/gals....

That sounds like enough and if you really have to you can always buy another bottle there, though it will be the most expensive suntan lotion you've ever bought. :laughing: I packed 1 small tube for my carry on so if we use the pool after we get there I will have it, then I have another small tube to bring to the parks as a touch up and I will pack 2 bottles in my luggage.
Thanks for the response :) I have had an ever-building list for the last 3 months :) I just KNOW I'm forgetting something I'll need :scared:

BUT!!!!!! :confused3 I'm not gonna let it bother me cus tomorrow at 5 pm I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!

I'm such an idiot. I NEVER would have forgotten those things but they were never on my list hahahahahaha :lmao:

Have a great trip and if you do forget anything, who cares, you'll be in Disney! :cool1:

I'm soo horrible with remembering to put on sunscreen. I've burned maybe 3 times my whole life and DD never burns so I never think of it. I know we should be wearing it for other reasons but I always forget:eek: But last week in dd's school the topic of the week was "sun safety" and ever since she's been reminding me to put it on every morning :goodvibes but I honestly didnt even know you would need that much! I'l have to go buy more!!

Ugh! Don't rub it in! LOL. We still have to go until the 16th. I am counting down the days. Luckily there is a lot to keep me busy between now and then. I have so much cleaning to do in my room at school. Our school is being updated in shifts so last year at the end of the year I had to move all my stuff to my temporary room. Now, I have to repack and move back to my new and updated science lab. I am so excited. It will be so nice to have new science equipment. :cool1: But I do not want to clean or pack. It is exhausting. Teachers accumulate so much STUFF!

I have to pack up every year. Our school is used as a summer camp before/after program during the summer. My room in particular is the indoor game room. Dodgeball, volleyball, etc. It's my 7th year packing and unpacking. I don't mind it anymore, however. It forces me to clean and organize each year. It also allows me to reflect on what I need and what I can get rid of. One thing I hoard are my activities files. I file every somewhat good idea I find. Luckily the maintenance guy is able to move my cabinet without me needing to unpack it!

As I stated in another thread, we are noobs who have been lurking for quite some time and wanted to thank everyone for the valuable info you have provided thread after thread.

Our family will be coming to the CR June 20st to 26st )I know its wrong just seeing if you are paying attention):)

Its been since 1984 and a visit to Epcot since my last visit to LBV...so we are most excited to be seeing if from the eyes of DD and DS who are 7 & 9.

We will try and post our ADR soon.

We will overlap a few days!!! Maybe we'll see each other there! Are you going to put a lime green Mickey head on your bag?

WHEW! My house is CLEAN!

Now if I can keep it that way until we leave it will be a miracle-but if they know what's good for them there will not be any messes :rolleyes1

I packed my suitcase yesterday and was very proud of being all done with that. Today it popped into my head that I didn't pack ANY of my shirts :headache: At least I remembered it today and not on the plane :rotfl:

The ticker says 4 days-I'm gonna go ahead and say 3 since today is almost over :thumbsup2

Welcome to all of the new Junies :grouphug:

Hooray for everyone lucky enough to be leaving this weekend :cheer2:

I'm jealous of your clean house!!! I'm sure you remember the days of just following behind a little one cleaning as they move from room to room. I literally have to do a mad dash as they are heading to the car :lmao:. Perhaps you still have that problem! :rotfl:

Yay!!! So exciting!!!

Ok guys/gals....

Thank you for posting this. I'm sure I wouldn't have brought enough.

We got our Mickey Mail today!!!

Yay!!! So exciting!!!

We're doing the single digit dance today!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Only 9 more days to go now!!!

Woohoo!!!

:rotfl: your questions and mistakes are helping those leaving after you immensely!!!

I'm soo horrible with remembering to put on sunscreen. I've burned maybe 3 times my whole life and DD never burns so I never think of it. I know we should be wearing it for other reasons but I always forget:eek: But last week in dd's school the topic of the week was "sun safety" and ever since she's been reminding me to put it on every morning :goodvibes but I honestly didnt even know you would need that much! I'l have to go buy more!!

I've had bad burns every year as a teen and child. I'm going to the dermatologist next week to have some moles checked out. It's all so scary!!! My kids don't burn (even though my boys are fair) due to my dh's coloring, but I know the importance of sunsceen. Like you, I need to remember that just because they don't burn, sunscreen is so necessary!

Since several of you have mentioned it...

Who is/has done on-line check in? Why?

If you are NOT doing on-line check in, why not?

I am debating.... I can (if I choose to) check in on Monday...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter