The *OFFICIAL JUNE 2011 THREAD* "Some Like it Hot" & Some Like it Even Hotter! Part 2

I wouldn't plan on a full day of rest every other day. But I would play it by ear and watch how they are handling it. If you can get around early, I would be at the parks at opening and do things before it really heats up. Then take a break in the afternoon and go back for evening. Or go for a part of the day and make it an early night. Find some air conditioned places to just chill for a while at the parks.

I just wouldn't be able to stay away from the parks every other day! Do you have tickets for the full length of your stay?

We have tickets for every day that we'll be there. If they need a rest I was planning on going back to the hotel and swimming or just resting in the AC. I would probably recommend setting aside one day to rest in the middle of your stay. I also like to plan our sit down meals in the afternoon for a break and take our time eating.

Hi everyone!

24 days til wedding & 26 til Disney now!! :woohoo: .. got a bit worried earlier this week as part of the UK air space was closed for volcanic ash :scared1: .. it happened last year & was really bad for nearly a week.. I had a big fear that it could happen again in 4 weeks time & then we wouldn't be able to get to Florida.. but, touch wood, the ash seems to have cleared quickly and no transatlantic flights had to be cancelled.. sure it's all going to be fine! We're looking forward to our honeymoon sooo much that I can't imagine if we couldn't go lol :rolleyes:

Anyway, hope everyone is having a good week & I'm very jealous of all of you with single digit countdowns now!!

Emma princess: x

I hope that in a little less than a month the ash gets under control and that you are not delayed in any way. I can't believe it is so soon!

We will be there june 5-10 i can't wait

I added you to the list. :thumbsup2

These are the ADRs we're pretty sure about. Might add a couple more.

June 5 - Via Napoli 7:00 p.m.
June 6 - No ADR but will probably do lunch or dinner at Big River Grill
June 7 - Raglan Road 8:15 p.m.
June 8 - Nothing yet, probably CS - maybe Earl of Sandwich
June 9 - Tusker House 10:20 a.m.
June 10 - 'Ohana 10:55 a.m.
June 11 - Probably going to Margaritaville for dinner/margaritas
June 12 - Olivia's 7:30 a.m.
June 13 - MY BIRTHDAY! Kona Cafe 7:30 a.m. HDDR 9:30, although not sure about keeping this.
June 14 - Yak & Yeti 2:00 p.m. Then time to start driving home. :sad1:

Sounds good. I added them to the list on page 1. :thumbsup2

We will be there in just a few days. I was going over some last minute plans and I seem to have made some really big mistakes when it comes to park hours. What I have written down does not match the official Disney World site. The hours one wdwinfo are not the same as the Walt Disney World site. Is it safe to assume that the link on the front of this thread is up to date and accurate? :( It has gotten a bit confusing to me. :confused:

Can't wait to get this vacation started. :cloud9:

We have found the information on the WDW site always lags behind the other pages. I don't know why. The link on page 1 is the most updated current information for the month.

Hi all!!

First Happy Birthday Angalee! I love b-days! Great gift too! :thumbsup2

Is it ok to ask for prayer on here? My mom lives in Joplin MO. She is OK, but her house was destroyed (and her car). She is staying with friends now, and I am so thankful for that. It is so hard not being there with her during this time. (different state) AND on top of that, I found out Tuesday that my job is being out-sourced. (This does not just effect me, it is company wide) My last day is day before we leave for Disney. :sad1:

*sigh* I really need a hug from Mickey. I am an "up" person and am sure I'll be back to happy self soon, just a lot going on right now, and am SO thankful that my mom is well and safe.

Ok, ds16 just called and forgot something for school... have to be a mom now and take it to him. Life does continue. ~Linda

Thank you for the birthday wishes and I will absolutely keep your mother in our prayers each day.

I finally booked a Chef Mickey's breakfast!!! :goodvibes I'm so happy, I've been checking every day and finally got one! :cool1: You can add the ADR to the list, it's June 24th at 10:45 A.M. That's the day we head home from Universal, but now we're making at pit stop at Chef Mickey's before heading home. :)

Got it. Congrats. I am sure you are happy about that one.

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes. It was really a great day. Now...on to preschool graduation, middle school graduation, two weddings, father's day, and then Disney!!! It's going to be busy but hopefully time will go by just fast enough.

I wouldn't plan on a full day of rest every other day. But I would play it by ear and watch how they are handling it. If you can get around early, I would be at the parks at opening and do things before it really heats up. Then take a break in the afternoon and go back for evening. Or go for a part of the day and make it an early night. Find some air conditioned places to just chill for a while at the parks.

I just wouldn't be able to stay away from the parks every other day! Do you have tickets for the full length of your stay?

We are only going 4 out of 7 days to the parks. I am staying offsite and visiting with family for at least 3 days. I hope the tikes can manage, but I guess only time will tell :)

I saw a commercial today for a new show on hgtv called "My Yard Goes Disney" they take backyards and give them a makeover inspired by the Disney parks it looks really fun! They should come give my yard a makeover!!

Where did everyone go tonight? Are we all too busy packing?

Just got back from DS's awards ceremony and dinner. Tonight he received awards for outstanding achievements in World Civilization, Law and Justice, and Government classes. I just cannot put into words how very proud I am of him. :goodvibes His goal is to be an attorney.

I love the poem-did you write that? Very nice!

Hope you had a great bday! I just got an iphone this year and I love it, if I had an ipad, I'd be in heaven!

Just wanted to say that I have an elderly cat (15) also, so I feel for you. Fortunately right now he is doing ok. I would just explain to your neighbor about his condition. Hopefully by the time your trip comes around he will be ok.

:hug: I have had all of Joplin in my prayers lately, so glad to hear that your Mom is ok.

About your job-I completely understand that one also. In 2009, I worked in the HR department of a manufacturing plant. 2 months before our WDW trip I found out that the plant would be closing at year end. Honestly it was nice to go and "forget" what I was going to have to deal with when I got back.

:hug: Stay positive, it gets better.

To all you lucky Junies - have safe and happy travels, don't forget us, and I hope your trips are full of pixie dust :wizard:

ARRIVING ON MAY 27
silverhaze269 May 27-June 4 @ CSR
littledreamer7 May 27-June 4 @ BC
DramaGirl May 27-June 5 @ ???
live4christp1 May 27- June 9 @ ???
shera May 27-June 11 @ POFQ and June 12 @ WL

ARRIVING ON MAY 27
silverhaze269 May 27-June 4 @ CSR
littledreamer7 May 27-June 4 @ BC
DramaGirl May 27-June 5 @ ???
live4christp1 May 27- June 9 @ ???
shera May 27-June 11 @ POFQ and June 12 @ WL

Disney tomorrow, the day is finally here.
You're all packed and ready; now it's time to cheer.
Hope your trip is merry and filled with special things.
And that you are surrounded with the magic that Disney brings!

Have a great trip everyone that is leaving tomorrow. :car: Safe travels and be sure to report back to us when you return. :wave:

thanks guys,we are all packed and eagerly waiting for our flight tomorrow.Hope to see some of you guys in Florida soon!!!:dance3:

Hi all!!

First Happy Birthday Angalee! I love b-days! Great gift too! :thumbsup2

Is it ok to ask for prayer on here? My mom lives in Joplin MO. She is OK, but her house was destroyed (and her car). She is staying with friends now, and I am so thankful for that. It is so hard not being there with her during this time. (different state) AND on top of that, I found out Tuesday that my job is being out-sourced. (This does not just effect me, it is company wide) My last day is day before we leave for Disney. :sad1:

*sigh* I really need a hug from Mickey. I am an "up" person and am sure I'll be back to happy self soon, just a lot going on right now, and am SO thankful that my mom is well and safe.

Ok, ds16 just called and forgot something for school... have to be a mom now and take it to him. Life does continue. ~Linda

thanks guys,we are all packed and eagerly waiting for our flight tomorrow.Hope to see some of you guys in Florida soon!!!:dance3:

My prayers go out to your family. Glad mom is ok. I know how you feel, have family north of Tuscaloosa, AL. Tornadoes tore it up pretty bad last month. Here's to both cities recovering quickly. :hug:

When are they marching? You guys will be down there the same time we are and I would love to see their band perform.

Monday, June 13 - the night parade! Lake Hamilton HS Band ~we've never marched the night parade and are Super Excited! :banana:

Wow just saw couple of nights ago about new thread, subbed and came back tonight and already 16 pages!:scared1: But all caught up.:goodvibes

Happy Birthday Anjalee!! Thanks again for all the hard work you do on this thread.

We got Mickey Mail!! So EXCITED!!

To everybody who's trips are close have a safe trip and a dole whip for me! I am so envious.

its 12:19 which means its friday which means its time for me to do the........

SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!!! :cool1::banana::banana::cool1:

:dancer:party::dancer:

Im so excited you'd think I was leaving today, not yet but in 9 days I will be!! and between now and then dd has a field trip, my extended family is getting together for a picnic, my aunts campground is having a "carnival", memorial day family swim day field day and dd's end of year picnic, and on top of that I still have to make my lgmh's, get my shorts and t's together (it just warmed up here so I hadnt even bothered getting them out until a few days ago) and finish packing!!!!! Well that should keep me busy enough to make the time fly by till we get to disney!!!

Where did everyone go tonight? Are we all too busy packing?

sadly, I am still not packed. :sad2: Went on my daughters field trip today, went to the zoo. today/tomarrow/friday is pay day and running around into town for that, saterday is taking my daughter to the races with the girl scouts, and sunday... well sunday I need to pack the suitcases into the car... I also work every night (typing this from work. 11pm-7am) need to clean out my car too. so much to do, so little time to do it!

SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!!! :cool1::banana::banana::cool1:

gratz! :cheer2:

We are ALMOST there!!! Sooo excited!!! Flying around the room excited!!
emoticon-object-062.gif

emoticon-animal-046.gif
smiley-dance018.gif
emoticon-object-102.gif
emoticon-object-077.gif
emoticon-animal-046.gif

:dancer::dancer::dancer::dancer:

6 more days!!!! It's sooo hard to wait!

soon as I am out of work, I only have three more work nights till we leave! :woohoo: on tuesday, we will be IN DISNEY! :woohoo:

Good morning all! We will be at Epcot on Wednesday (leaving Tuesday to get a head start...) and I've not started packing. I did the most important part, bought snacks for the trip down.:lmao: Oh, and bought DH new socks. I don't know what it is about vacations and new socks, but he has to have them. It's quite humorous actually.

Today is my last day at work for the school year. :cool1: I've got two meetings though that I am not excited about.:sad2:

Off to get to work. I'll check in throughout the day if my meetings get over quickly. I have my room all packed up so it's a wasting time kind of day. ;)

I hope all of today's travelers have safe trips!

Thanks for the well-wishes guys! :goodvibes

By now I should have been well on my way to New York (to get to Orlando), but last night I got a call saying my flight had been cancelled :scared1: I am now on a flight out this afternoon, which means I don't get to Orlando until 7 hours later than I thought I was going to. There goes my first day :sad2: :sad2:
BUT, it could be worse...at least I get to leave today. :worship:

So, I thought I'd pop on here to say a big thank-you to everyone on this thread...it's been great and helpful and fun! :goodvibes I can't wait to start the photo safari and post updates! Here's hoping my flights go off without a hitch today!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter