*** The Official July 2014 thread, join us won't you? ***

3 weeks from today we will be at POR and Epcot riding soaring if all goes well
NOT looking forward to the long car ride :drive:, hoping BOG fast pass gets moving, since it stopped adding days, the day before I needed it. :confused3 Enough stress to give me hives. This has been the most stressful vacation I have ever planned. I need another cup :coffee:

Hoping for brighter days ahead! :beach: Where's the pixie dust pixiedust:

I agree with a post-July thread! It would be great to have a place to post about how wonderful our trips were and to relive the magic.

I'm all about a Post July trip board.... although I'll be one of the first ones back! :)

Finally finished most of my shopping now. feeling a bit more prepared.

Oooo... *looks at ticker* less than 2 weeks!

Awesome! Glad everyone likes the idea.

A month from today we will be checking AKL.

I have a hard time talking with my friends about all the fun we had on a trip. Sometimes I get attitude. I think some of it it is..... they haven't gone and don't get it. Some of it could be just don't give a dog turd. OR they think I am bragging. SO, this post trip board would REALLY be up my alley.

Something to look forward to after Disney. I usually can't come here right after, I miss the planning fun and I'm always sad it is over.

Awesome! Glad everyone likes the idea.

A month from today we will be checking AKL.

I have a hard time talking with my friends about all the fun we had on a trip. Sometimes I get attitude. I think some of it it is..... they haven't gone and don't get it. Some of it could be just don't give a dog turd. OR they think I am bragging. SO, this post trip board would REALLY be up my alley.

Exactly! No one really gets it and they aren't as excited about it as you are. I get labeled the Disney freak, ha! So it's good to have each other to understand how we feel )

I avoid the dis. too after a trip. I check in once in a while to keep up with the changes and it's nice to see some familiar names.

This is my first time being so close to Disney in my life. We moved here in January and are only 3 hours away (2.5 if I hit 0 traffic)! I feel like nobody understands how exciting that is to me. Or why I have disney themed rooms in my house. Or hidden Mickey's on my walls. Or a mickey doorknocker... They just don't understand!!! My childhood dream was to get an annual pass :-) It's nice to have the Dis because for the most part my obsession here is socially acceptable:hyper:

Non Disney addicts just don't get it! It really IS the happpiest place on earth!

pixiedust:

I usually have the "post Disney blues" after our trip which is why I do the dining report. I tried to do an entire trip report and never finished it. That left me feeling worse than ever so I tried doing just the dining report from our last trip and did the whole thing. It was fun and it helped me relive the trip, but it also made me want to get some of the great food again, you know, the stuff I just can't make. YUM!!! :lmao:

Our family (myself, husband, daughter 10, son 7) is going from July 24th to the 31st. We are staying at Pop Century. My daughter is dancing at DTD and that is the reason why we are going in July. We have been once before (May 2011) and thoroughly enjoyed it. Starting to get excited now with only a little over a month to go.

Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise or Family Magic Tour?

Already have the dessert party booked...(which we did and liked last year) Looking for something new to do this time around!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Have a 9pm BOG ADR to cancel for July 6 for 4. Let me know if you're interested!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Our family (myself, husband, daughter 10, son 7) is going from July 24th to the 31st. We are staying at Pop Century. My daughter is dancing at DTD and that is the reason why we are going in July. We have been once before (May 2011) and thoroughly enjoyed it. Starting to get excited now with only a little over a month to go.

:welcome: to July! Happy to have you with us. You are right, not long now. I will add you to the front page now.

Pirates and Pals fireworks cruise or Family Magic Tour? Already have the dessert party booked...(which we did and liked last year) Looking for something new to do this time around! Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
we've done both and really liked them. They are completely different experiences.

Family magic tour is geared more towards younger kids. Older members of the party pretty much stand back and watch but it was fun. Especially if you can get into the role play of the hunt. We got to meet Peter Pan, Mickey Mouse, play toss hook's hook into the crocodile's mouth, play follow the leader through Tomorrow land, walk backwards into adventure land, sing to the barber shop guys, etc. Good fun for all. It was our favorite event that trip.

Pirate's Cruise we met Hook, Smee, and Peter Pan. The boat drivers were a riot. As it turned out we had seen our driver the night before at HDDR as the crazy guy that plays the drum. He made fun of my Hawaii shirt the previous night during the show and asked me about it again on the boat. I told DW I didn't like that shirt :) I will say the fireworks are not as impressive from a distance as right in the Park. But the trivia game on the boat was fun, we watched the water parade, and we became honorary pirates. When we arrived back to the dock Peter Pan was waiting. DD, 4 at the time, quickly handed me her water gun and bandana we had received with our pirate oath and said, "Daddy quick take this, I don't want Peter Pan to know I'm a pirate."

I'd recommend both, it just depends on the experience you want.

This may have already been posted, but what tips or tricks does everyone use to stay cool in July?

Going in January instead. Lol

Seriously though, lots of water and strategically stepping into air conditioning - an attraction or a shop. Since we visit often, we don't worry if we don't "see everything".

This may have already been posted, but what tips or tricks does everyone use to stay cool in July?

We take camelback water reservoir little backpacks with ice water, cool towels that stay cold when wet, go into shows frequently, midday pool break

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter