*** The Official July 2014 thread, join us won't you? ***

Anyone here experienced with using the Tables in Wonderland card? This is our first time using one and we aren't sure of 2 things - When do we present the card during the meal? when we first are seated? when we get the check? Also, we are booked at CRT (pre-paid) - how do we get the discount applied to that reservation??

Thanks so much! With all of our dining planned in July we will really get good use out of it!

We are considering purchasing TIW for the first time this trip as well. I think (as with other discounts I've used) it's best to present it at the beginning of the meal, but I'm not positive if that's the protocol. I'm also uncertain about prepaid meals, so I'll be listening to see if you get a response. From looking at the ADR and touring plans posts it looks like we'll be in a lot of the same places at the same times/days :)

Looking for packing tips for a newbie. What is a must have item? What did you bring with you that you never actually used?

There are a lot of great packing tips around. I found it very helpful to have a multi outlet with us for plugging in all the electronics that needed charging each night!

HOW DID YOU DO THIS???? Will you please give me, or direct me, to some step by step instructions??

Haha sure! I can do my best anyway. I kind of did it on a whim so I don't have any formal instructions to show you. I started with a pink Magic Band.

I used:
-1 nail crystal kit I got at walmart (It cost $4 and had the stones and gold things I found it by the polishes)
- hard candy brand nail polish in "crush on pink" (walmart)
- sally hansen insta dry clear polish top coat
- sally hansen nail art pen in black
- nail polish remover
- q tips
- pen
- safety pin

So, I took the magic band and painted the whole pink part (except the mickey head) with the pink glitter nail polish. As this was drying, I placed on the clear crystals. Make sure to paint over the clear crystals with a clear topcoat once the pink dries. This will keep them in place. Then, I took the black nail art pen and carefully traces the mickey symbol. Let this dry for at least 10 minutes before you touch it. If you are impatient like me and touch it too soon and smudge it, use a qtip with a little nail polish remover to clean the mess up. You can always re-do the glitter around the mickey head later. I didn't put a top coat on that part. then, i took a pen and did my best to do a light outline of sleeping beauty's crown. After you finish that, put a thin layer of clear down and start sticking the gold gems in the outline. If you put one in the wrong spot use the safety pin to pry it off. Every few gems, cover with the clear topcoat and let them dry so they don't shift around. Once you finish the crown cover it completely in the clear topcoat again being sure to get around the sides and let it dry. I also went over the whole band again with it at this time. Then, let it dry overnight to be sure and you are done!

Don't tell my friends, but, my DS is packed! I have my DD's laundry to finish and she will be packed as well. We have 23 days until we leave. It's not really THAT early,is it? lol

Haha sure! I can do my best anyway. I kind of did it on a whim so I don't have any formal instructions to show you. I started with a pink Magic Band.

I used:
-1 nail crystal kit I got at walmart (It cost $4 and had the stones and gold things I found it by the polishes)
- hard candy brand nail polish in "crush on pink" (walmart)
- sally hansen insta dry clear polish top coat
- sally hansen nail art pen in black
- nail polish remover
- q tips
- pen
- safety pin

So, I took the magic band and painted the whole pink part (except the mickey head) with the pink glitter nail polish. As this was drying, I placed on the clear crystals. Make sure to paint over the clear crystals with a clear topcoat once the pink dries. This will keep them in place. Then, I took the black nail art pen and carefully traces the mickey symbol. Let this dry for at least 10 minutes before you touch it. If you are impatient like me and touch it too soon and smudge it, use a qtip with a little nail polish remover to clean the mess up. You can always re-do the glitter around the mickey head later. I didn't put a top coat on that part. then, i took a pen and did my best to do a light outline of sleeping beauty's crown. After you finish that, put a thin layer of clear down and start sticking the gold gems in the outline. If you put one in the wrong spot use the safety pin to pry it off. Every few gems, cover with the clear topcoat and let them dry so they don't shift around. Once you finish the crown cover it completely in the clear topcoat again being sure to get around the sides and let it dry. I also went over the whole band again with it at this time. Then, let it dry overnight to be sure and you are done!

Thank you!!! I'll post pics when mine comes in!

I just revisited this thread after quite some time. My DD15 & I are staying at POP not Dolphin! See everyone real soon!!:dance3:

Anyone here experienced with using the Tables in Wonderland card? This is our first time using one and we aren't sure of 2 things - When do we present the card during the meal? when we first are seated? when we get the check? Also, we are booked at CRT (pre-paid) - how do we get the discount applied to that reservation?? Thanks so much! With all of our dining planned in July we will really get good use out of it!
We LOVE TIW!!! You just show them the card when they bring check. At CRT they will give you a rebate when they give you the check, just give the card. :)
We broke even on the card in just a few meals. You will save so much $$$$! ;)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

We are considering purchasing TIW for the first time this trip as well. I think (as with other discounts I've used) it's best to present it at the beginning of the meal, but I'm not positive if that's the protocol. I'm also uncertain about prepaid meals, so I'll be listening to see if you get a response. From looking at the ADR and touring plans posts it looks like we'll be in a lot of the same places at the same times/days :)

Thanks for the info about TiW! I feel nervous that we will forget to show them the card!

Great minds think alike with our touring plans! Let me know if you want to plan an informal meet!

We LOVE TIW!!! You just show them the card when they bring check. At CRT they will give you a rebate when they give you the check, just give the card. :)
We broke even on the card in just a few meals. You will save so much $$$$! ;)

We have so many ADR's that we figure we will break even in no time! Thank you for all of your help! I just have to make sure we remember to show the card at every meal!

Thanks for the info about TiW! I feel nervous that we will forget to show them the card! Great minds think alike with our touring plans! Let me know if you want to plan an informal meet! We have so many ADR's that we figure we will break even in no time! Thank you for all of your help! I just have to make sure we remember to show the card at every meal!

It does take getting used to. I have forgotten before. Another thing to remember is you get free valet parking, but you need to remember to show them the receipt for proof.
I have told servers at the beginning a couple of times that we hadTiW when I first got it bc I didn't know when to show it either. What I found ( sometimes, not always) was the service wasn't that great. I thought bc the server knew they were getting 18% tip anyway..didn't matter. I hope that wasn't the case, but it makes you think. So I don't even mention it until the end now. They don't need to know until the bill comes. Hope that helps you more.

It does take getting used to. I have forgotten before. Another thing to remember is you get free valet parking, but you need to remember to show them the receipt for proof.
I have told servers at the beginning a couple of times that we hadTiW when I first got it bc I didn't know when to show it either. What I found ( sometimes, not always) was the service wasn't that great. I thought bc the server knew they were getting 18% tip anyway..didn't matter. I hope that wasn't the case, but it makes you think. So I don't even mention it until the end now. They don't need to know until the bill comes. Hope that helps you more.

Interesting! I hadn't thought of that because I guess I didn't realize an automatic gratuity was added. I guess I was thinking telling them at the beginning would save time since when I've used discounts other places they usually bring the bill, you show the discount, they go refigure the bill, bring it back for approval, then go complete the transaction. A lot of wasted back and forth (esp if its busy or you have a really slow server.). However, I've also shown it at the beginning and them had them forget, so I guess doing it at the end makes sense!

Great minds think alike with our touring plans! Let me know if you want to plan an informal meet!

Totally!! I always refer to Josh's suggestions on EasyWDW, so that's what we based most of our decisions on. We're actually planning to have a lot more down time than usual thanks to FP+. We'll see how it goes :) Oh, and I'll let you know about meeting up!

Ok, so I was working on our shirts this weekend for our July trip and here is what we have.

This will be our first Magic Kingdom day

100_8004_zps0d3f0d9e.jpg

This one will be one will be our Animal Kingdom day

100_8005_zps34851e9f.jpg

This one will be our Downtown Disney day.

100_8006_zpsadf8f247.jpg

This one will be our Epcot day when we are all there together.

100_8007_zps925af121.jpg

This one will be our second Magic Kingdom day.

100_8009_zps41b2ed9a.jpg

This one is our Hollywood Studios day.

100_8010_zps16b1ad88.jpg

My DH and I have a day at Epcot to ourselves celebrating our 20th anniversary. I want to do something special for our shirts for this day and am working on some ideas for it. I will post those when I get them worked out.

Anyone here experienced with using the Tables in Wonderland card? This is our first time using one and we aren't sure of 2 things - When do we present the card during the meal? when we first are seated? when we get the check? Also, we are booked at CRT (pre-paid) - how do we get the discount applied to that reservation?? Thanks so much! With all of our dining planned in July we will really get good use out of it!

We love the TIW card! This will be our third time getting one. We always give the card at the end of the meal, when we ask them to bring the check. I give my driver's license as well, since you're supposed to show ID when you use it. The TIW card saves us so much money on a 10-night trip, because we do mostly TS restaurants. We like those meals best, we find that CS lunches take just as long at the parks when you factor in waiting in line, waiting for your food, finding a place to sit, plus eating. And we find TS meals a lot more relaxing, making it feel like a vacation. That's not to say we are against CS, we like it at times,we just do a lot more TS meals. We are also more comfortable with TS meals because of DS9's food allergies. We make ADRs and the chef comes out to speak to us. At a CS place, we would have to go through the whole allergy book anyway and possibly wait longer for his food.

Back to the TIW, my favorite part about it is that it covers anything you order, so no worries as to whether something is covered by a DDP credit (I sometimes get an appetizer or two as my meal), and it is great that any drink gets the discount too, including alcohol. DH and I like to have a drink with dinner on vacation, and sometimes with lunch too! :)

That's interesting to think about! I didn't think of it that way!

Totally!! I always refer to Josh's suggestions on EasyWDW, so that's what we based most of our decisions on. We're actually planning to have a lot more down time than usual thanks to FP+. We'll see how it goes :) Oh, and I'll let you know about meeting up!

I use the same site! I keep playing with things though - just switched a dinner to Sanaa on our Fantasmic night. I thought that it would be neat to go there first (via a taxi) and have dinner watching the animals and then head to DHS for Fantasmic only. We have a lot of down time as well - cabana rental at the pool - a couple of resort nights - lots of pool time! Can't wait!

It does take getting used to. I have forgotten before. Another thing to remember is you get free valet parking, but you need to remember to show them the receipt for proof. I have told servers at the beginning a couple of times that we hadTiW when I first got it bc I didn't know when to show it either. What I found ( sometimes, not always) was the service wasn't that great. I thought bc the server knew they were getting 18% tip anyway..didn't matter. I hope that wasn't the case, but it makes you think. So I don't even mention it until the end now. They don't need to know until the bill comes. Hope that helps you more. Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

That is exactly the reason why I wait until the end to tell servers I have the TIW card...I'm always afraid they'll see it as an automatic tip and the service might be hit or miss. I've never presented the card at the beginning of the meal, and we had the card on two 10-night trips. I don't want to find out if service is not as good because they know 18% is coming to them automatically. I'd rather get exceptional service, give the card at the end, and add additional tip if we feel it's necessary.

That is exactly the reason why I wait until the end to tell servers I have the TIW card...I'm always afraid they'll see it as an automatic tip and the service might be hit or miss. I've never presented the card at the beginning of the meal, and we had the card on two 10-night trips. I don't want to find out if service is not as good because they know 18% is coming to them automatically. I'd rather get exceptional service, give the card at the end, and add additional tip if we feel it's necessary.

Exactly how we feel. My DH is 20% tipper if the service is just good. :)
We have had the card since last July. We have used it A LOT!!! And will be renewing it again. Can't beat the savings!
I really wish I would've kept track of what we've saved so far. I'm going to do that in July.
Just to give you an idea, look at the trips in my signature and add April to that. OMG that must be a lot of money saved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter