*** The Official July 2014 thread, join us won't you? ***

We were set to leave 5 weeks from tomorrow driving down - but we've been looking into flying now! So we would fly out on Sat. a.m., adding an extra night to our trip and an extra park day with throwing in a water park! Waiting for confirmation from DH when he wakes up (he works nights) and books the plane tickets so I can get going on other stuff.

We've been busy with DD's end of the year dancing and were busy all last weekend with the dress rehearsal and two shows. The other day they had circus day at school where a group came in and the kids each got to try different circus acts and then they put on a circus in the afternoon. I was able to take off work and volunteer - it was so wonderful. Her last day of Kindergarten was yesterday.

Now they keep asking when are we leaving for Disney..

The countdown in down to 22 days. My two older boys have the last day of school on Monday- should have been today but snow days messed us up. My youngest is on a modified year round calendar so his last day is June 23. I hope I make it that long! :rotfl: It will be a busy three weeks with school, Fifth Grade promotion, SAT camp and sleepaway camp and work all before we leave for Disney.

Also, I am the most excited person in the family. The boys are happy to be going but I'm crazy excited. Anybody else that way?

I am hoping to go July 19-26. I haven't booked yet as unfortunately I have to schedule dialysis first down there. Once I get confirmation, I will book.

We were set to leave 5 weeks from tomorrow driving down - but we've been looking into flying now! So we would fly out on Sat. a.m., adding an extra night to our trip and an extra park day with throwing in a water park! Waiting for confirmation from DH when he wakes up (he works nights) and books the plane tickets so I can get going on other stuff.

We've been busy with DD's end of the year dancing and were busy all last weekend with the dress rehearsal and two shows. The other day they had circus day at school where a group came in and the kids each got to try different circus acts and then they put on a circus in the afternoon. I was able to take off work and volunteer - it was so wonderful. Her last day of Kindergarten was yesterday.

Now they keep asking when are we leaving for Disney..

It's official - we are flying this year!! No 18 hour drive for us :banana: This will be the kids first time in an airplane - it is so exciting! And this means an extra day of Disney since we will arrive on Saturday insteady of Sunday afternoon :) Back to more planning when I get home tonight...

Just got my MB for this trip. Now to decide how to decorate it..

I'll probably use my pink AP one that I did a sleeping beauty theme on, but ugh what to do with green? think think think.

Anyone else decorating their bands?

No new post in a while. Where you all at. I assume busy with end of school stuff. Today is our last day. I am now a mom of a 6th grader. I do NOT know how that happen.
Congrats on the last day! :cool1: Wish it were me.
Our first set of MB's should ship next week. Uber excited to get them in. ::yes:: We are getting so close.
Our magic bands ship next week as well! So excited :cheer2:
Last day for me today too :) :) :) Enjoy your day!!
We have 9 more school days to go! So close yet so far away!:lmao:
We have one more week...but it's gotten so long. The kids have been bouncing off the walls. ::yes::
I know what you mean. It's hard for the kids to keep themselves contained. :hyper:

WooHoo!! Can't wait for GF July 16-21 pixiedust:

I am hoping to go July 19-26. I haven't booked yet as unfortunately I have to schedule dialysis first down there. Once I get confirmation, I will book.

:welcome: to our group! I will add you to the front page. Glad to have you with us.

*CTDisneyfan- I am posting you on the front in the hopes that all goes your way with your scheduling.

So with all this chatting about end of school year stuff, I thought I would say where our school district stands. We just had graduation for our seniors!!! My DS will have his 8th grade promotion ceremony next Friday at 9am. He will be receiving Distinguished Honor Roll and a special certificate for 6 consecutive trimesters of Honor Roll in Middle School. (SO VERY PROUD!!!!!) And all the students and my last day of the year is June 18th. So that means 8 more school days left!

The last day of school for kids is June 27. I have to work on the 30. As soon as the bell rings that day we are hitting the road. Our magic bands shipped today too!

The last day of school for kids is June 27. I have to work on the 30. As soon as the bell rings that day we are hitting the road. Our magic bands shipped today too!

That's what I did last year! We got out of school on a Friday, and we left for WDW on Saturday morning. It was such a fun feeling to be finished with school and leaving for Disney at the same time :banana::banana:

wow I didn't think anybody got out later than me!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Dd is in college, so she is already out. I have until the 20th, then she & I are taking a quick trip to WDW in July. DH won't be able to take vacation until August, when the three of us will take our first trip to Aulani!

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Just got my MB for this trip. Now to decide how to decorate it.. I'll probably use my pink AP one that I did a sleeping beauty theme on, but ugh what to do with green? think think think. Anyone else decorating their bands?
We would like to decorate them, but we haven't seen a magic band yet so not sure where to start. Can you attach a trading pin to it?

Green could always be Tiana, Tinkerbell, ...... or maybe Kermit, "It's not easy being green" ; )

Dd is in college, so she is already out. I have until the 20th, then she & I are taking a quick trip to WDW in July. DH won't be able to take vacation until August, when the three of us will take our first trip to Aulani! "SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

You will LOVE Aulani!!! It's amazing!!! We went 2 years ago and my girls are STILL talking about it.

Dd is in college, so she is already out. I have until the 20th, then she & I are taking a quick trip to WDW in July. DH won't be able to take vacation until August, when the three of us will take our first trip to Aulani!

"SingingMom" ....Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

:welcome: to July! I would love to add you to the front page and I see in your signature that you're staying at POFQ. When are you going so I can add all your information? Glad to have you with us.

One week left for the students, two left for me. Then Disney. I can't wait.

We have our magic bands. I'm gathering the "small stuff" around... Disney is in the air! pixiedust:

We would like to decorate them, but we haven't seen a magic band yet so not sure where to start. Can you attach a trading pin to it?

Green could always be Tiana, Tinkerbell, ...... or maybe Kermit, "It's not easy being green" ; )

I think I might paint on the pattern from Anna's coronation dress for the green. This is what I did to my pink MB. I used nail polish and crystals to make sleeping beauty's crown (kinda). There's a huge thread here on the dis with people doing things to their MBs! Mine is not nearly the most creative or well done but I just wanted something girly and simple. Some people use acrylic paint with a clear nail polish topcoat. It doesn't harm the MB function at all either way.

312txsy.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter