*** The Official July 2014 thread, join us won't you? ***

Ok July folks. Our house has a debate going on and we need some help breaking a tie. We are doing a countdown calendar ( which we always do before our Disney trips). We used to do a Mickey head one with the paint chips you could get from home depot, but since we can't get those any more we have to do something else. In 2012 we did Mickey shaped head images pulled from a google search and printed out and glued on a posterboard. This year I thought we would do all kinds of Disney characters but we have a tie in the house. 2 for characters and 2 for Mickey heads. What would you all do? HELP!!!

I will describe ours and take a pic. later:

I bought a cheep calendar, a cork board, and a mickey head punch, red and yellow construction paper.

I punched out a bunch of mickey heads and used glue dots to glue to the calendar. I wrote the countdown numbers with a sharpie on the mickey heads, and as the days past, my kids take turns placing a trading pin on the day that past.

At first it was a pain in the butt for me to do it all over again for the new month, but, it has turned out to be a fun "end of the month" project that we all get involved with. I must say.....I may miss that part.

WHOA!! That's awesome! 4 more days :banana::banana: I vote Mickey heads! I started making some, too, since they don't have the paint chips anymore. I traced the old paint chip rectangles onto scrapbook paper and then cut it out. Then I used my jumbo Mickey head punch on coordinating scrapbook paper and glued it onto the rectangle piece. They turned out SO cute :) :) Let me see if I can include a picture. http://s932.photobucket.com/user/srualmn/media/MickeyHeadCountdownPieces_zps9f15d572.jpg.html

Those are really cute Mickey heads!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

DH got a wild hair this morning and added 4 more days to our trip. He booked us at CBR:confused3, AKL was full.

CBR? Really? But, I am focusing on the four days earlier part. WHOOP WHOOP.

That is great to have 4 more days at WDW. Maybe you can check and see if any rooms become available at AKL for the new days between now and when you go. Someone might cancel their room only reservation or make a change and free up a room.

Ok July folks. Our house has a debate going on and we need some help breaking a tie. We are doing a countdown calendar ( which we always do before our Disney trips). We used to do a Mickey head one with the paint chips you could get from home depot, but since we can't get those any more we have to do something else. In 2012 we did Mickey shaped head images pulled from a google search and printed out and glued on a posterboard. This year I thought we would do all kinds of Disney characters but we have a tie in the house. 2 for characters and 2 for Mickey heads. What would you all do? HELP!!!

It seems like I am in the minority here. My vote is for a variety of Disney characters.

I would do different characters. You could keep to a theme like Pixar characters only but different ones, or characters from the same movie. How about the fab five as a compromise? You could alternate them.

I'm a fan of Mickey heads, personally. That reminds me; I need to do my mousekeeping envelopes. I prefer different characters for my mousekeeping envelopes..:)

You've done Mickey heads a couple of times, I'd go w something different. :)

I vote Mickey heads!

It seems like I am in the minority here. My vote is for a variety of Disney characters.

Thanks for all the votes! I think what I will do is print out a bunch of characters and let the kids pick out what they want on it and that way it is some of what I want, cause I printed out the characters, and some of what they want cause they put it on the countdown! I think that is a win/win situation for all of us! :thumbsup2

Thanks for all the votes! I think what I will do is print out a bunch of characters and let the kids pick out what they want on it and that way it is some of what I want, cause I printed out the characters, and some of what they want cause they put it on the countdown! I think that is a win/win situation for all of us! :thumbsup2

We've done characters. We print them out small, cut them into squares, and put them in a container. The kids take turns picking them out each morning and sticking them on the countdown calendar. They're always excited to see who they pick for the day. :-)

We have been using touring plans for years and usually find their information to be spot on! In fact, the only times I have veered from their suggestions are usually the only times our plan did not go smoothly (ie tired family in the hot sun, long line, and everyone getting grouchy) There is just 1 show we find you need to arrive more than 15 minutes early to be able to get in, it is Finding Nemo the musical. For all other shows, 10 to 15 minutes early is usually fine unless you want front row, prime seating. But I should say that we have not been since FP+ so I have not seen how this will change the crowds. I also love their Unofficial Guide book, I have used it quite a lot. But I like the hard copy better then the ebook as it is intended to be a reference book and is easier to flip through. Happy planning!!

Thanks for the feedback. The funny thing is Finding Nemo is one of the shows I had questions about. I didn't think 15 min would be long enough ahead of time to arrive. I will have to review the plan and see how I may want to adjust it. I might make a FP for it just in case. I love the Unofficial Guide too and totally think the subscription is worth it.

Thanks for the feedback. The funny thing is Finding Nemo is one of the shows I had questions about. I didn't think 15 min would be long enough ahead of time to arrive. I will have to review the plan and see how I may want to adjust it. I might make a FP for it just in case. I love the Unofficial Guide too and totally think the subscription is worth it.

Thank you very much for all your updates concerning july news, we are too looking for BOg Lunch and Lion king show FP,
Thank you for the nemo show too , :)

We received our Mickey Mail on Saturday. Now we just need our MB's and we are all set. We can not wait!!:cool1:

I think it is around 30 days. We check in July 5 and have until June 5 to customize ours. I think the ones for our Dec trip shipped right after the last day to customize.

I think it is around 30 days. We check in July 5 and have until June 5 to customize ours. I think the ones for our Dec trip shipped right after the last day to customize.

Ok that makes sense. We customized ours and ordered them already but we had until June 19th to complete that. I guess it will ship around that time and arrive a few days later.

Look what came in today's mail!

Could I be any more excited?:cheer2:

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana::banana:

On a Lion King note....
I know some of us were discussing the FP+ situation for Lion King. I was reading through a thread someone started after it re-opened yesterday and they linked to a blog detailing the new system and new theatre. It looks like the FP+ gets you early entry into the theatre, but no reserved seating. They let all the FP+ people in, and then they start letting in the standby line 10 minutes before the show begins. Word is that some standby people are getting turned away because the theatre is filling up with the FP+ people. Here's a link to the thread that includes the link to the blog. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3285200

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana::banana:

On a Lion King note....
I know some of us were discussing the FP+ situation for Lion King. I was reading through a thread someone started after it re-opened yesterday and they linked to a blog detailing the new system and new theatre. It looks like the FP+ gets you early entry into the theatre, but no reserved seating. They let all the FP+ people in, and then they start letting in the standby line 10 minutes before the show begins. Word is that some standby people are getting turned away because the theatre is filling up with the FP+ people. Here's a link to the thread that includes the link to the blog. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3285200

I read the same thing on another person's website about the FP+ situation. They also said that many standby guests were having to wait in line for the next show due to the FP+ people. I wonder if this is because it just re-opened and after the newness wears off it won't matter or will this be the new reality?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter