• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** The Official July 2014 thread, join us won't you? ***

Ferrentinos, our plans are pretty similar! Not only do we match on a cabana day, we have a few park days the same too!

I saw that!!! We will be at BOG on the same night and we have a few parks in common! We'll be good friends by the end of our July vacation! :thumbsup2

Where in Pa are you from? We are from the Philly burbs. We happen to have a bunch of teachers and Pennsylvanians on this thread! Kind of cool :cool1:

Speaking of teachers, I just accepted a middle school position for next year...not overly excited about going back (teaching high school right now)... :-/

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Speaking of teachers, I just accepted a middle school position for next year...not overly excited about going back (teaching high school right now)... :-/

I feel ya. I spent 12 years teaching HS, and then I had the option of being permanently laid off or teaching in MS 3 years ago. So, in MS for 3 years. That was right before our last trip to WDW. Actually, i had been laid off and then offered the MS position two weeks later. Talk about scary and not knowing about being able to afford vacation!

I love my 8th graders though. They crack me up on a daily basis. :)

Disney announced the start of more FP+ then! Starts next week! Right now you have to use a kiosk in the park, not the app, but after you use your 3 you can get another one, and so on. Allows for park hopping then too.

Disney announced the start of more FP+ then! Starts next week! Right now you have to use a kiosk in the park, not the app, but after you use your 3 you can get another one, and so on. Allows for park hopping then too.

I saw that so I revisited my FP+ list to see how it changes things... it actually won't change our touring much because we are doing so many half days - either morning at resort and night at park or vice versa. So thankfully I don't have to do too much changing! Although I'm very excited with the idea of adding in more as the day progresses if we are able - I'm not going to count on those though because who knows what will actually be available the day-of?

Teacher here as well! :good vibes What grade are you switching to? I teach 5th grade - 11 years in the same grade and I just can't seem to graduate to 6th grade! :rotfl:

Teacher here as well! :good vibes What grade are you switching to? I teach 5th grade - 11 years in the same grade and I just can't seem to graduate to 6th grade! :rotfl:

Hey! You're better off than me! I haven't been able to graduate from first grade for the past 10 years, ha!!!

I'm not sure actually...I think it's a combo of 6th, 7th, and 8th (or maybe just two of those?) - language arts.

DW and I are both teachers. :crazy2: Not that we planned it this way, but it makes summer vacations at WDW a whole lot easier. :)

Same here! DH and I are both teachers. The reason we go to WDW in the summer is so we have enough time to drive down from NYC and take our time getting there over a couple of days, and also spend 10 nights at WDW. We stop along the way on the way home too. We're staying three nights in DC and going to visit some of my friends from college who still live in that area (I went to University of Maryland).

We didn't become teachers because of the breaks, but it is such a nice benefit to have all the breaks off with our sons. :)

I work in the local High School as an Itinerant Autistic Support Paraprofessional. I go from class to class with our caseload students. My area of expertise is Math. I do Algebra I, II, Geometry and Business Math. I will do any subject that our students need coverage in but my love and strong suit is Math. I love my job and it works being on the kids same schedule.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter