• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** The Official July 2014 thread, join us won't you? ***

I called and got a discount for July and saved $400. I have 2 rooms at Pop and the discount ended up being $200 per room. :cheer2: I love these boards. That is how I saw the discount.

I called and got a discount for July and saved $400. I have 2 rooms at Pop and the discount ended up being $200 per room. :cheer2: I love these boards. That is how I saw the discount.

My TA is calling today. We have 4 rooms. Hoping for a good discount!

Our TA sent me an email saying that she was able to apply the discount to our trip and saved us over $340. We are officially staying at POR in a Garden view room hopefully in an Alligator Bayou room with an extra bed. WooHoo!!!

Disney updated their park hours and schedule for July. You can find the new operating schedule at http://media.disneywebcontent.com/StaticFiles/ParkHours/WDWTravelAgent_july.pdf. I'm excited to see the increased hours at the Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios as well as a 2nd Fantasmic and Main Street Electrical Parade the week we will be there.

Congratulations pixiedust: to everyone who has been able to get a discount with the summer promotion.

Michele

Has anyone booked through Orbitz rather than directly with Disney? We upgraded our reservation today from POFQ to the WL with the summer discount but now I read Orbitz is offering the summer promotion plus an additional 20 percent. I priced out the rooms and it's a savings of $250 each. This is our first family trip to Disney and I'm a bit nervous about not going directly through them. Any thoughts?

Has anyone booked through Orbitz rather than directly with Disney? We upgraded our reservation today from POFQ to the WL with the summer discount but now I read Orbitz is offering the summer promotion plus an additional 20 percent. I priced out the rooms and it's a savings of $250 each. This is our first family trip to Disney and I'm a bit nervous about not going directly through them. Any thoughts?

Curious myself since I'm considering booking CL through Orbitz!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I just saved a big chunk thanks to the "Summer Savings" promo. Chicka chicka yeah!

I did have to call twice though. The first person I spoke to on the phone didn't really seem to know what she was doing. She said there wasn't any rooms left for the promo at CSR. I asked her if she can just apply it to the room we already have. She said that she couldn't do that. I said "thanks anyways for trying" and ended the call. I called back a few minutes later and the next person I talked to was able to apply the promo with no problems.

I just saved a big chunk thanks to the "Summer Savings" promo. Chicka chicka yeah!

I did have to call twice though. The first person I spoke to on the phone didn't really seem to know what she was doing. She said there wasn't any rooms left for the promo at CSR. I asked her if she can just apply it to the room we already have. She said that she couldn't do that. I said "thanks anyways for trying" and ended the call. I called back a few minutes later and the next person I talked to was able to apply the promo with no problems.

Persistence always pays off. :thumbsup2

Our TA called, waited on hold for 90 minutes :headache:, but got through and we saved $500 on our 4 rooms. :yay:

For anybody who has a little girl desperate for an Elsa dress, Disney Store online has them in stock today! We just got ours for DD3!! :-)

That is wonderful! You will love it once you get it in person! My DD has one that we've had since last September (yes, she became obsessed with Elsa even before the movie came out and I think it was a result of the dress!) She dressed as Elsa for Halloween and it's funny that just that recently she had to explain to everyone who she was, that she was Disney's new Snow Queen - now everyone knows who Elsa is!

That is wonderful! You will love it once you get it in person! My DD has one that we've had since last September (yes, she became obsessed with Elsa even before the movie came out and I think it was a result of the dress!) She dressed as Elsa for Halloween and it's funny that just that recently she had to explain to everyone who she was, that she was Disney's new Snow Queen - now everyone knows who Elsa is!

Same here! My 5 year old was the same way....we had the dress in September too because she wanted to be Elsa for Halloween. No one knew who she was, but the all loved the dress! :-)

Thanks to the summer promo - we just upgraded to a moderate. We were at Pop Century and are now at Carribean Beach.

Hi, I'd like to join...we'll be there 7/11 - 7/20 staying at OKW.

Thanks!

Nancy

I just saved a big chunk thanks to the "Summer Savings" promo. Chicka chicka yeah! I did have to call twice though. The first person I spoke to on the phone didn't really seem to know what she was doing. She said there wasn't any rooms left for the promo at CSR. I asked her if she can just apply it to the room we already have. She said that she couldn't do that. I said "thanks anyways for trying" and ended the call. I called back a few minutes later and the next person I talked to was able to apply the promo with no problems.

That's just WRONG! What if it was someone who didn't know any better?? Those call center CMs need to get their act together and ALL. Be on the same page.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hi Everyone!

Thanks to this thread I just saved 347.83 :thumbsup2

Thanks for the Great Info!

Hi, I'd like to join...we'll be there 7/11 - 7/20 staying at OKW.

Thanks!

Nancy

Well, first off :welcome: to our great thread! Secondly, fantastic job on saving bucks! Love it when that happens especially on a Disney trip. Make yourselves at home here and have fun with us until our trips happen.

Congrats to all who saved money!! :)

We decided not to take the promo. We are booked at POFQ - our fave resort. However, that's not included in the promo. We went to AAA to see what the price difference would be to change. While it would be a nice savings, it wasn't enough for us to want to give up POFQ.... soooooo..... we didn't change. I'm happy about it though, because last time at POFQ I felt like I was in my own personal paradise. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter