*** The Official July 2014 thread, join us won't you? ***

I brought my vacation up with my boss yesterday. He told me no, I can not go.
I work for my friends dad,he knew I was not going to be a permanent employee,at that time he was fine. Now I am worried that it will turn into those huge hoopla. My husband is retiring from the military,we have a party planned with family also in Florida. Boss kept saying you are not going.

I brought my vacation up with my boss yesterday. He told me no, I can not go. I work for my friends dad,he knew I was not going to be a permanent employee,at that time he was fine. Now I am worried that it will turn into those huge hoopla. My husband is retiring from the military,we have a party planned with family also in Florida. Boss kept saying you are not going.

What was his reason...?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I'm there from 8-2. I take my kids to school, go to work,and I pick them up from school. Kind of perfect in the hours I want. But, the job is not crucial to keep the bills paid. I would however, like to have it when I come back from the trip.

I work for my friends dad,he knew I was not going to be a permanent employee,at that time he was fine. Now I am worried that it will turn into those huge hoopla. My husband is retiring from the military,we have a party planned with family also in Florida. Boss kept saying you are not going.

I'm there from 8-2. I take my kids to school, go to work,and I pick them up from school. Kind of perfect in the hours I want. But, the job is not crucial to keep the bills paid. I would however, like to have it when I come back from the trip.

Tink - I am so sorry to hear about your challenge. My Boss is the same way. I get 3 weeks vacation a year and have to BEG :worship: for the one and only week that is so important to DD and I... I go through it every year and end up being on call 24\7 during my vacation... 28 years and you would think my Boss would get the message - I need my Disney fix with my DD.

I personally don't like having to plan so much of my vacation in advance. I mean, it's March and I already know what park I plan to go to each day and where I'm eating. Eh, I like general plans.... but that is a bit much for me. I do it because I would rather be no where else than Disney, and to go to Disney I have to plan.

Ditto. Exactly as above :thumbsup2
I'm feeling very over scheduled. We will have a great time, but it feels like so much work this year! Looking into DLR for next year as a possibility. Not in revolt against the new FP+ I mean I don't like it but that isn't the reason for looking elsewhere, although it was initially prompted by me getting irritated at it. But as I started to research it, I have started to get quite hooked on the idea of still doing Disney, but really differently :)

That really sucks
There used to be a small riot break out every time I put in my vacation days for Disney trips. I used to dread it. My boss was fine with it, but it was the colleagues who made it difficult. So I got ticked off one year and booked and then told them my flights got changed and I had to come back 3 days later than planned (Yeah I know it was naughty). Now we have different people there and I'm the only original one and everyone is great about it. Do you think your boss might change his mind? I mean it's a really special occasion not like something you booked just to prove you could. :confused3 Perhaps you could appeal to his kind side if he has one :goodvibes

Not sure if everyone's heard, but they are releasing summer discounts tomorrow for Disney Visa cardholders which will then be offered to the general public.:cool1::cool1:

Not sure if everyone's heard, but they are releasing summer discounts tomorrow for Disney Visa cardholders which will then be offered to the general public.:cool1::cool1:

Woohoo!!!! Any idea if the Visa and Passholder discounts are normally released at the same time?

Awesome!! And someone will share the news with the rest of us non Visa holders, right?? :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

That really sucks
There used to be a small riot break out every time I put in my vacation days for Disney trips. I used to dread it. My boss was fine with it, but it was the colleagues who made it difficult. So I got ticked off one year and booked and then told them my flights got changed and I had to come back 3 days later than planned (Yeah I know it was naughty). Now we have different people there and I'm the only original one and everyone is great about it. Do you think your boss might change his mind? I mean it's a really special occasion not like something you booked just to prove you could. :confused3 Perhaps you could appeal to his kind side if he has one :goodvibes[/QUOTE]

THAT'S AWESOME! I would have came back later too. Even if I was just at home reliving the vacation through pictures!!

At this point, My DH said just leave it be. We know my boss personally.... and think this is part of his controlling nature. He really is the center of the universe when it comes to his family. He has such a hold on them and I don't get it. Anyway.... My DH said just stop talking about it for now. Bring it again in June that way he has enough notice to find someone.

Just FYI there is a Disney visa discount out today for the summer. Called and had it applied to our 8 nights at BCV - saved 25% :)

Yay!! Called this morning and switched our reservation from CR Garden Wing to GF Garden View for 35% off the room! The cast member also told me we were getting a 5% ticket discount or something too....works for me!! We knocked just shy of $2000 off our trip!

We're going to be at Disney from July 1st - 9th and are staying at CBR. Right now I have us at MK on July 3rd and HS on July 4th. But today I started second guessing that. There are EMH on the 3rd at MK, so I'm thinking maybe we should just plan a late night there, sleep in on the 4th and just make it a resort day and go to HS on another day when it won't be so crazy? If we do that, is there a good place to see fireworks on the 4th outside of a park? I would love some recommendations! Here is our schedule for the week:

1st - arrival day, no plans
2nd - Epcot
3rd - MK
4th - HS
5th - resort day
6th - AK
7th - Typhoon Lagoon & Downtown Disney
8th - park day - redo either MK or HS whatever we haven't done yet
9th - head out, no plans

TIA for any input!!

Yay!! Called this morning and switched our reservation from CR Garden Wing to GF Garden View for 35% off the room! The cast member also told me we were getting a 5% ticket discount or something too....works for me!! We knocked just shy of $2000 off our trip!

Wow, that is a HUGE saving! Well done!

We saved $1000 and change. My husban's brother and sister each saved close to$500.

It's bee a good 2 days for our family!!

I saw the discount doesn't apply to POFQ. I'm bummed. I'm thinking I may see if there is a huge price difference to upgrade to a Deluxe or not.

Well, we were waiting for a discount and we finally got it! My wife booked our trip today using the Disney Visa Rewards 20% discount for Pop Century. We were hoping to switch it up and stay at AOA-LM, but POP is just fine... WE'RE GOING BACK TO WALT DISNEY WORLD!

My wife had some fun with it first. When I got home from work, she said she called to book and was told the resort was booked and they weren't allowing any more people to book with the discount. I'm so gullible that I believed her! She let me believe that for only 10 minutes then said we're booked and headed there for July 8-14!

We went last year but didn't use MM+/FP+ so I'm excited to give it a try!

Hello Everyone - :wave2:

After 28 years of working for the same BOSS!!!! It hit me today.

I NOW understand my Bosses definition of "TEAMWORK"

A whole lot of people doing what I say.....................:lmao:

I get it...... I get it........:rotfl2:I can accept and move on!!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter