**The Official January 2012 WDW Thread**

to make this semi easy - today's question of the day
What are your travel dates for Disney?:rotfl:

We're going Jan 12-26 staying at Caribbean Beach Resort. And just in case I don't make it back on here this week, I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving and happy Black Friday shopping to all those who go!

Leaving home friday night, January 20th and checking in at Fort Wilderness on Saturday, Janaury 21st :yay:. We leave on Friday, January 27th though :sad2: My DH says he needs some downtime at home before getting back into the swing of Non-Disney things!! :rotfl:

Seems like SO many Marylanders are heading down that same week! We will be there at CBR and I know other familes staying at FW and POP.

I know where we are located in Central MD the kids have off on Mon/Tues, so that made it easy to decide when we wanted to go. DD12 will only miss 3 days instead of 5. Not to mention leaving MD in January is a PLUS in my book!! :rotfl:

I know where we are located in Central MD the kids have off on Mon/Tues, so that made it easy to decide when we wanted to go. DD12 will only miss 3 days instead of 5. Not to mention leaving MD in January is a PLUS in my book!! :rotfl:

I'm in southern Maryland and our kids were supposed to have off on Monday, but since they missed a few days because of the hurricane at the begining of the school year and the school board didn't want to tap into the snow day reserve they have taken away a few of the kids holidays - the 23rd being one of those days. Oh well - really what's 5 days vs. 4 if they are going to be gone:confused3

We're not from MD but we have a short week then too - half days Tues-Thurs with Friday off - so we'll be at WDW the 21st to 29th, and if you think leaving MD in January is a plus you can imagine how I feel about leaving Michigan! :laughing:

I'm in southern Maryland and our kids were supposed to have off on Monday, but since they missed a few days because of the hurricane at the begining of the school year and the school board didn't want to tap into the snow day reserve they have taken away a few of the kids holidays - the 23rd being one of those days. Oh well - really what's 5 days vs. 4 if they are going to be gone:confused3

Yep, we chose the same week b/c we have one day off of school, which I figured meant we could leave a day earlier and still only be out of school for 5 days!

I'm from NoVa so close enough to Maryland!

I didn't realize there were so many of us traveling this last full week of January!!:dance3:

Just booked for an unexpected week! DH and I realized the kids' winter break goes through Jan 10 this year. Who wants to sit in the house in cold Indiana for a week? Not us! DH will run the half marathon- his 5th this year but 1st at WDW. Crowds should be down, got 35% off the room at OKW, and airfares were surprisingly reasonable. We're there, baby! Looks like we'll arrive just in time to catch the last Cinderella's Holiday Wish, see Osbourne lights, and catch the last of BTMR for the month. Yay!!! :banana:

Just booked for an unexpected week! DH and I realized the kids' winter break goes through Jan 10 this year. Who wants to sit in the house in cold Indiana for a week? Not us! :

We want out of cold Indiana too! We're headed down on the 13th! Hoping for 80 degrees in Disney, but I'll take anything over 15 degrees!

Janurary 12-16 for us!! Staying at the Caribbean Beach Resort for the first time. It will also be our first time going in Janurary!

Just booked for an unexpected week! DH and I realized the kids' winter break goes through Jan 10 this year. Who wants to sit in the house in cold Indiana for a week? Not us! DH will run the half marathon- his 5th this year but 1st at WDW. Crowds should be down, got 35% off the room at OKW, and airfares were surprisingly reasonable. We're there, baby! Looks like we'll arrive just in time to catch the last Cinderella's Holiday Wish, see Osbourne lights, and catch the last of BTMR for the month. Yay!!! :banana:

Your trip sounds a little like mine! I am a teacher, and we don't return to work/school until January 9. After visiting WDW the past two summers, I wanted to take a trip in the winter time and thought the first week of January would be the perfect time. I am looking forward to catching the tail end of the Christmas celebrations and decorations, as well as, getting to ride BTMR and some of the other rides/shows that are about to be refurbished. Also, I got a discount on my hotel room and flight. It's going to be a GREAT trip! :yay:

I guess there is an unexpected advantage for Christmas falling on a Sunday this year! :santa: Winter break goes later into Jan! And on another note, thanks for being a teacher. One of the most important jobs ever! Hope we both get fantastic weather for our week!
Your trip sounds a little like mine! I am a teacher, and we don't return to work/school until January 9. After visiting WDW the past two summers, I wanted to take a trip in the winter time and thought the first week of January would be the perfect time. I am looking forward to catching the tail end of the Christmas celebrations and decorations, as well as, getting to ride BTMR and some of the other rides/shows that are about to be refurbished. Also, I got a discount on my hotel room and flight. It's going to be a GREAT trip! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter