**The Official January 2012 WDW Thread**

I'm going to throw out the next question of the day, I don't think it has been asked.

WHAT ARE YOU CELEBRATING???

We are celebrating our 10th Anniversary (married 12/8/2001)

We are celebrating DD's 3rd birthday and my mom's birthday :)

I'm going to throw out the next question of the day, I don't think it has been asked.

We aren't celebrating anything specific. But we are looking forward to a nice relaxing vacation away from job and school stress! :goodvibes

Hi y'all! I just booked my sister & I for January 27-Feb 2 so I guess I can join in on the fun. We're taking our first trip together as 'adults'. Here's hoping we don't kill each other. :hug: :)

Hi y'all! I just booked my sister & I for January 27-Feb 2 so I guess I can join in on the fun. We're taking our first trip together as 'adults'. Here's hoping we don't kill each other. :hug: :)

Congratulations, welcome to the January thread and I could say the same thing about my husband and myself!

Anyone packing their coats with them? I took a look at the monthly average for Jan. and it seems to be around upper 60s for the high, which sounds perfect for walking.

I suppose I could roll up a jacket in my bag, but the less I carry the better :)

We are celebrating our one year anniversary and also our weight loss accomplishments (We've lost a combined 137 pounds over the past 7 months by changing our eating habits and exercising! :cool1:)... Can't wait to be back. :thumbsup2 79 days left!

Anyone packing their coats with them? I took a look at the monthly average for Jan. and it seems to be around upper 60s for the high, which sounds perfect for walking.

I suppose I could roll up a jacket in my bag, but the less I carry the better :)

What we do is leave our Michigan winter jackets in the car and wear our lighter jackets to the airport. Jan can be cool enough at night to need a spring/fall weight jacket but seldom gets winter-jacket cold, at least by my northern standards. It isn't the highs you have to worry about; it is the temps when the sun has gone down and you want to stay for Wishes or Illuminations, and at that time of evening you're likely to want at least a hoodie or windbreaker type of jacket.

Congrats!

This trip wasn't originally planned to celebrate anything, but it wasn't originally planned for January either. :laughing:

Since the new dates fall the week after my son's and brother's birthdays we're going to be celebrating both, and I'm planning on surprising them with a custom cake at dinner one night.

We are celebrating my DS's 5th bday and my DD's 10th bday, which are 4 days apart! The Disney trip is much more fun and enjoyable to plan than 2 kids' bday parties...:laughing:

Well, we will be taking jackets, I don't really own a coat. It can get downright cold in Florida in January, so unless you want a whole new Disney wardrobe, pack for all kinds of weather. To those that live up north, it might not bother you, though. I am hoping for warmer weather!

Congrats on your anniversary!!!!

We're celebrating surviving the hustle and bustle of the holidays. :) In all honesty, we're not celebrating anything, just taking a vacation at a time that worked with our work schedules.

I have been in Jan before....I will be taking a jacket, a sweatshirt, a windbreaker, an umbrella and ponchos........I will check the weather right before I pack, but I am pretty sure those are going.
We have worn shorts before, but also long pants and jackets.....the mornings and evenings can be pretty cold.

I always take our jackets. We live in Las Vegas, so we don't have huge, thick snow jackets, but we take our regular "winter" jackets with us. In the evenings and mornings, it can be downright chilly, to the point where you need more than a hoodie or light windbreaker. We carry our jackets on to the plane with us, rather than pack them though, because they're so big they would take up a lot of room in the suitcases.

We are celebrating our one year anniversary and also our weight loss accomplishments (We've lost a combined 137 pounds over the past 7 months by changing our eating habits and exercising! :cool1:)... Can't wait to be back. :thumbsup2 79 days left!

Congrats on the weight loss and anniversary!!!

I think we are going to just bring some sweaters and long sleeved shirts to wear. We live in Canada though so we are pretty used to the cold. And here it will be mid-winter when we leave so anything will be better than that! ;)

Good points about packing clothes for the low temps. I'll probably lug a jacket or a hoodie... on the bright side, anything above 45 in Fl is better than the bitter January wind that's in New York!

I haven't been here much with so much going on here in the "real" world, BUT, our waitlist came through!

We will not be at Kidani Village anymore, we are going to be at Beach Club Villas!

We've never stayed at an Epcot resort before, so I'm extremely excited. I really didn't think our waitlist would come through, but it did!! Yay!!!

no celebrations so to speak, one of the kids traveling with us will have a birthday on the day we leave so I guess we'll celebrate that while there - but really do we need a reason to celebrate other than making it back to Disney again!!!!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter