**The Official January 2012 WDW Thread**

I'm going jan 8-14 will be staying at Port Orleans : Riverside with water view. THis will be my 16th trip to WDW I have stayed at all the value,contemp,poly and all moderates except POR... I like to try a different resort each trip want to experience it all. Hope POR is a good decision, going on the free dining plan. Sad news about ThunderMT going on refurb on the 9th so I better make sure I visit MK on my first day to get a ride in. Just waiting for the days to pass, all my ADR's are booked. Gonna try California Grill for first time at night (figure I can get a great view of the fireworks while dining)..

Any POR vets can tell me about the hot tub there?
Is the pool heated enough to swim in Jan?

I'm going jan 8-14 will be staying at Port Orleans : Riverside with water view. THis will be my 16th trip to WDW I have stayed at all the value,contemp,poly and all moderates except POR... I like to try a different resort each trip want to experience it all. Hope POR is a good decision, going on the free dining plan. Sad news about ThunderMT going on refurb on the 9th so I better make sure I visit MK on my first day to get a ride in. Just waiting for the days to pass, all my ADR's are booked. Gonna try California Grill for first time at night (figure I can get a great view of the fireworks while dining)..

Any POR vets can tell me about the hot tub there?
Is the pool heated enough to swim in Jan?

We stayed at POR a few years ago. The pools were heated however, once you get out of the pool and have to walk back to your room, it's chilly! There's only one hot tub at the main pool. It's small but shouldn't be a big problem in January. But the heat feels so nice on your legs after you've been walking around the parks for a few days, so we just suck it up and deal with the cold while we make our way back to the room.

I'll be happy to let you know, but I haven't heard back yet, but they did say it could take some time to get back to me because of the number of e-mails they get on a daily basis.

Thanks! I'm the FRG Chairperson for our unit so I usually receive emails from the State advertising this type of thing. If I get an email, I'll definitely let you know as well.

Joining in a little late to the party. We just moved our trip from Nov to Jan a couple weeks ago, and really looking forward to low crowds and hoping for good weather! We've been in Jan once before and the parks were dead. It was a little chillier than I like but still I can't complain - it was 50°+ warmer than the weather here at home!

We'll be there Jan 21 to 29 at POR. I'm not sure how many of us there will be yet- definitely DH & I and our kids, ages 13, 10, and 3, probably my mother, and maybe my brother. This will be our second stay at POR and I'm hoping we get our request for a refurbished room, though if my brother backs out there's a chance we'll switch to an ASMu suite or Ft Wilderness cabin rather than sticking with two rooms at POR.

We upgraded our free dining to deluxe and we'll be taking advantage of the YES individual enrollment (saving the tix from our free dining package for a future trip), so we've got a lot of fun experiences to look forward to this trip.

And I'm sad !
I love BTMRR, it's my favorite ride EVER.....and well....it's refurbishement time !
.....Well, it's for a better ride, but....You know....I'll miss it :(

But....3 months and 1 week and 1 day left.....can't waiiiit !

I am getting so excited! Just in case anyone is interested, Forever 21 has some cute Disney tops here: http://www.forever21.com/Product/Category.aspx?br=f21&Category=Promo_StoryBook I have the red retro Minnie one already and I'm trying to decide on a second one. I needed some new l/s tops to take with me anyways.

Also, I don't know if this is frowned upon on the Dis as I'm still relatively new, but is anyone planning a Photopass share? I saw it mentioned earlier on in this thread.

Hi,

New to the Dis. Joining this thread. We will be at the Poly Jan 22-28th!

Welcome!! We'll be at OKW the same time Jan 20-28th!

POR - Jan. 20-26

Welcome to the Jan thread! We might see you there!

Hi all! I hope everyone had a great weekend!!! I just had to pop in to brag. We've been looking for our plane tickets daily, hoping the price would fall. We were hoping we could get the tickets down to $300-$350ish; well we found the tickets for $206 with all of the taxes and fees. We've never seen it this low from Vegas to Orlando, so we are so ecstatic to save so much money!!! :banana::banana::banana:

Wow!! That is totally Awesome!! ;) now you have more $$ to spend at Disney!:rotfl2:

We'll be at CSR from the 20-29th!!!

cool! Looks like lots of us there the same week!

Joining in a little late to the party. We just moved our trip from Nov to Jan a couple weeks ago, and really looking forward to low crowds and hoping for good weather! We've been in Jan once before and the parks were dead. It was a little chillier than I like but still I can't complain - it was 50°+ warmer than the weather here at home!

We'll be there Jan 21 to 29 at POR. I'm not sure how many of us there will be yet- definitely DH & I and our kids, ages 13, 10, and 3, probably my mother, and maybe my brother. This will be our second stay at POR and I'm hoping we get our request for a refurbished room, though if my brother backs out there's a chance we'll switch to an ASMu suite or Ft Wilderness cabin rather than sticking with two rooms at POR.

We upgraded our free dining to deluxe and we'll be taking advantage of the YES individual enrollment (saving the tix from our free dining package for a future trip), so we've got a lot of fun experiences to look forward to this trip.

Awesome deals with dining, yes, etc. We loved going in November with all the holiday decorations but we are definitely looking at lower crowds to get more done this trip!

I am getting so excited! Just in case anyone is interested, Forever 21 has some cute Disney tops here: http://www.forever21.com/Product/Category.aspx?br=f21&Category=Promo_StoryBook I have the red retro Minnie one already and I'm trying to decide on a second one. I needed some new l/s tops to take with me anyways.

Also, I don't know if this is frowned upon on the Dis as I'm still relatively new, but is anyone planning a Photopass share? I saw it mentioned earlier on in this thread.

Glad you got some cute tops.

Yes, DIS no longer allows Photopass shares (but google, facebook or PM people to see if you can arrange off-Dis).

Glad you got some cute tops.

Yes, DIS no longer allows Photopass shares (but google, facebook or PM people to see if you can arrange off-Dis).

We've all been slacking off on our question of the day/week. :rotfl:

What non-park activities are you most looking forward to?

I'm looking forward to shopping at DTD and the outlets!

Definitely Downtown Disney, hitting the pool, that’s about it. We’re Park people, so that’s where we’ll be! ;)

I was just thinking that earlier

We are going to be spending some time at the Boardwalk, since that is where we are staying. We will also have an evening or 2 at DTD and possibly DQ and/or a round of minigolf.

Ok, I need some info from those that have stayed DVC by renting points or as DVC members, do you get more towels being that you don't get daily housekeeping services? Normally we skip a day here and there over the week, but we can call and get extra towels if we need them, but I understand you have to pay if you do that at DVC resorts, which I don't mind doing, I just want to know ahead of time. I don't even mind the 4 days without housekeeping, but I can't use a towel more than twice (I hate even using one more than once, but I will) and when I wash my hair I need 2 towels. We will only be in the DVC room 4 nights.

Eating :laughing::laughing::laughing: I'm looking forward to good food that I don't have to prepare, a yummy dessert at every dinner and not having to wash dishes afterwards!!!!!!!!

We will be at ASmu Jan 23-29 with our grandchildren.

All park days for us as we only have 5 full days due to school restrictions,

I'd say DTD for sure. We go there at least 3-4 times during our trip just because it's fun to walk around and look at things and um... buy lots of stuff. :lmao:

I'd also say swimming in Stormalong Bay. I'm REALLY excited to see it and float around.. and maybe even go down the slide!

We are also thinking about doing mini-golf since it's within walking distance of BCV!

Those are some really cute Disney tops, thanks for sharing the link!
As far as the Photopass share, I joined one on Facebook. The one I joined is full but I am sure there are other ones out there.

We'll be at the Pop Century resort from January 29th to February 4th! It'll be our second trip as a family, third for my husband and I (together), and fifth time total (for me).

We're celebrating my husband's return from Afghanistan. We went when he returned from Kuwait we took our Princesses to WDW and we decided to do it again!

The best part? They have NO idea!!! We're still trying to figure out how to tell them.

Wonderful to "meet" you all!
princess:

re: DVC Towels.

If you are getting a 1 bedroom, you have a washer and dryer in the room. We actually love this and do our own towels. Throw a load in before you go to the parks and when you get back dry them. This way you know the towels are clean and fresh and we'll even throw the towels in the dryer just to have nice, warm fresh towels for our shower. Aaaaaah, now that's nice.

We stayed at AKV and I really want to say we had more than the 4 sets of towels (bath towel, hand/hair towel, wash cloth). Although we did not count, it felt like we had at least 8 sets, possibly more. Not sure if that was normal but we have never run out of towels. They put so many in the shower, more in the whirlpool bathtub and then the rest by the double-sinks in the bathroom. Then if you stay at BLT or AKV-Kidani with the 2nd bathrooms, then you get another set of towels for the 2nd bathroom.

You can ask housekeeping for additional towels. They are supposed to charge you.

I can't speak to the studios, since we always get a 1br. with a studio you do get free use of the washer/dryer but it's not in your room.

HTH:goodvibes

:3dglasses
re: DVC Towels.

If you are getting a 1 bedroom, you have a washer and dryer in the room. We actually love this and do our own towels. Throw a load in before you go to the parks and when you get back dry them. This way you know the towels are clean and fresh and we'll even throw the towels in the dryer just to have nice, warm fresh towels for our shower. Aaaaaah, now that's nice.

We stayed at AKV and I really want to say we had more than the 4 sets of towels (bath towel, hand/hair towel, wash cloth). Although we did not count, it felt like we had at least 8 sets, possibly more. Not sure if that was normal but we have never run out of towels. They put so many in the shower, more in the whirlpool bathtub and then the rest by the double-sinks in the bathroom. Then if you stay at BLT or AKV-Kidani with the 2nd bathrooms, then you get another set of towels for the 2nd bathroom.

You can ask housekeeping for additional towels. They are supposed to charge you.

I can't speak to the studios, since we always get a 1br. with a studio you do get free use of the washer/dryer but it's not in your room.

HTH:goodvibes

Thank you, we will be in a 1BR at BWV and while I wouldn't normally do laundry while in vacation, I probably will so I won't have so much to do when we get home and I figured I could just wash the towels we use if need be. There will only be 2 of us.

I like to throw my clothes in the dryer for just a few minutes before dressing to get the wrinkles out and if it is cooler in January, it will warm me up.

The campfire with Chip & Dale at Fort Wilderness. We don't really spend much time out of the parks but that's something I know my 3yo will love.

DS13 and I are really looking forward to checking out the new Lego Store too, because we haven't been since the expansion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter