**The Official January 2012 WDW Thread**

According to my countdown app on my ipod touch, only 18 days until we can try and switch our hotel! (We're staying on DVC points) And 52 days to go until I can make our ADR's!

Oh my! did you see that the December park hours are out? That means in less than one month January hours will be posted, and soon after we can make dining reservations!!!

I know I am just realizing that wow my 7 month mark is coming up real soon and then before you know it will be 180 days out...

My ADR day is July 19th and then Southwest Airlines should open the window through my travel dates the next week after that...I will have lots to do very soon for this trip...I had better start a PTR to keep my notes straight :thumbsup2

So glad to find this thread! Helps to know I am not the only crazy one!! We will be in the world 1/14-1/21. Second trip at this time of year. Last time in January was 2007. Already have tentative schedule and have planned out ADR's. Now waiting until 180 day mark. Staying at AS Sports, first time with value. Was there in 12/10 and splurged on Contemporary and lots of Xmas extras so trying to budget better this trip. Thanks to everyone for sharing their excitement, this thread will help us get through the next 7-8 months!

Things I need to do SOON:

Plan park days (waiting for Jan Calendar)
Plan ADRs
Pay off credit card so its ready to go for booking flights

So glad to find this thread! Helps to know I am not the only crazy one!! We will be in the world Jan 27th - Feb 4th. This will be mine, DH, DS 8 3rd trip. DS4 2nd trip and our 14 month Twins first. My parents are also coming to lend a hand and to see my little Disney freeks first reaction. We are staying off property at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek. This will be our first time staying off property, but we need the extra room.

Thanks to everyone for sharing their plans and excitement, this thread will help me get through the next 7 months! Only 240 days to go :)

We have 24 to 28 family members going this time. We want to be able to get all the rooms at BWV, 3 of us are DVC members, but none have BWV as a "home" so have to wait the 7 mo mark, which is a week and half away. I hope to get as many standard rooms as possible to save points. The dates we are going to try for are Jan 17th - 23rd. I once saw a map that had the standard rooms mark, but I can't find it now. The other 2 times we stayed, we had boardwalk view, so I would like to get some ideas of where we might be. We will be needing two 2-bd and the rest studios. Anyone know how many standard rooms the BWV has?

Okay I'm FREAKING OUT. We leave THIS Friday at 5pm (driving) and I just know I'm not packed right or made all of the right arrangements.

If YOU had one day to get ready for a Disney road trip what would you rush to get done? I ask because I just know I'm gonna be rushing all day tomorrow and at the moment I feel underpacked, and I just know I'm forgetting to do something.

Okay GO! You have 24 hours to get ready for an 11 day Disney road trip. All hotel, ADRs, park tickets, and auto tune ups are done for you. GO!

(Posted in wrong thread, I saw J and thought JUNE LOL- told ya I was freaking out)

We have 24 to 28 family members going this time. We want to be able to get all the rooms at BWV, 3 of us are DVC members, but none have BWV as a "home" so have to wait the 7 mo mark, which is a week and half away. I hope to get as many standard rooms as possible to save points. The dates we are going to try for are Jan 17th - 23rd. I once saw a map that had the standard rooms mark, but I can't find it now. The other 2 times we stayed, we had boardwalk view, so I would like to get some ideas of where we might be. We will be needing two 2-bd and the rest studios. Anyone know how many standard rooms the BWV has?

Is this what you are needing? http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2610335&highlight=boardwalk+villas+standard
It's the 4th or 5th post down.

Also this might help you out. http://dvcnews.com/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=table&tableid=6

I like that it has the room # listed and some how photos of what the view is.

We finally have everything set in stone. We are going on a cruise (non Disney) from 1/15-1/22 then afterwards we are going to be going to WDW for 3 nights from 1/22-1/25 and hopefully staying at BWV (we are DVC members and hoping for availability for a BW View). My In-Laws are coming along with us :goodvibes. This is our first time going on a cruise and we are so excited about it. Oh yeah...we are celebrating my DH's 36th birthday while we are gone.

7 of us are going Jan 8-13th. Gotta pulls the kids out of school, but I'm not due back in grad school until the 18th plus it's value season. An almost perfect time to go. Hoping for warmer weather than last year! Thinking a split BLT/BCV stay. I just need those park hours!

We will be going in January too! I was wondering if anyone has rides closure info? I know is a little early, but I am really hoping none of the big rides are close.

Just (but feels more like FINALLY) booked for Jan 22-29! Staying in a 2BR at BW with my DH and his brother and wife. (brother and wife haven't been since they were kids - oh what fun to show them!!) This will be our first adult-only vacation in 10 years. Doing the Keys to the Kindgom tour, the Undiscovered one at Epcot and hope to eat at the CG. Now just waiting for JetBlue to open up those dates....and of course 7/26 for ADR's...;)
See y'all there :yay:

We will be going in January too! I was wondering if anyone has rides closure info? I know is a little early, but I am really hoping none of the big rides are close.

looks like we will be going in January too, for my daughters first trip. I was curious about ride closures too.

I always check here. http://allears.net/tp/rehabs.htm#jan and http://www.themouseforless.com/tripplanning/wdwparks/rehab-close.shtml#jan12
But neither has really been updated for Jan '12, just shows the FL expansion and the water park closures. The one ride that I always see closed when we go in January is the Kali River Rapids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter