The Official January 2010 Car Rental Thread

Check your Alamo Rates! Mine just dropped again.

Jan 22 - 31 Compact $119.27 all in :cool1:

Using Costco Code 7014627 and E Coupon AD2123JMC for $30.00 off and includes free additional driver.

National, at the airport. Jan 11-23, Emerald Aisle
OK, so I joined Continental airlines frequent flyer club in order to use their code 5007160 and I HAD a coupon for National $40 off. It tallied about $275 for the rental, inclusive of fees, taxes, etc. I use my own insurance.

For grins, I tried it again last week, same dates, same codes---it was about $15 lower.
Confirm new and cancel former ressie.

Time on my hands, I tried it again 2 days later--$2.60 lower (Hey, that's a gallon of gas!) Confirm new, cancel old.

A few days later, I tried it again. This time the $40 coupon wouldn't work, so I used the $30 coupon NF1982JDD and it dropped again...that's right, confirm new and cancel old.

Bottom line--to modify the ressie wouldn't lower the rate. My new rate is $224 for 12 days--that's about $18.75/day fees and taxes included.
I used:
Emerald Aisle
Continental Frequent Flyer Code 5007160
National Rental Coupon from the Hot Deals section of Nat'ls site NF1982JDD
Good Luck!

I started the December thread and it seems to be working well. I am now on the hunt for our January rental. Anyone find something good? Please post here with codes if you can.

Best I have found for our Jan 21 - 28 trip for mid-size and up is:

Enterprise. Small SUV $214.96 base for $282.46 total cost. Used code from our car insurance company. 10AH005

I just got rid of this Enterprise SUV for a Premium/Luxury with Alamo for a total price of $233 using Alamo code and $25 coupon found on Mousesavers.

I just got rid of this Enterprise SUV for a Premium/Luxury with Alamo for a total price of $233 using Alamo code and $25 coupon found on Mousesavers.

Total is $186.42 with Costco Code 7014627 and Coupon AD2123JMC for $30.00 off.

Wow, rates just keep dropping. I checked last night and they dropped again today.

Current best rate:

National Emerald Aisle
$155.40 for 10 days + 2 hours (they are actually charging for 11 days)
Jan. 28th - Feb. 7th

Continental Code: 5007160
$40 e-coupon: ND1881JDK

So just to confirm in TPA I can bypass the counter and go directly to the Emerald Aisle and pick out my car ? I won't need any physical coupon? I guess I'll sign up for the Continental frequent flyer program in case they ask for proof of that.

Beat my previous rate of $186 with Alamo for a Standard car. Now here's hoping to find something nice on the aisle. Also wondering, can the rates get any lower?? :cool1:

Total is $186.42 with Costco Code 7014627 and Coupon AD2123JMC for $30.00 off.

Thanks got the same rate with Walmart code but added your coupon instead. Got the $186!

Now the question......is Premium better than Full Size???

I've got a reservation for an SUV through Alamo for over $500 for 1/29 to 2/5. Needless to say I'm hoping to do better, but the codes don't seem to be working out for me.

I tried Hotwire and it's a couple hundred dollars less, but it only notes the location as MCO. I'll be traveling with a 2 year old and really want to avoid having to shuttle to a car lot after a long day of flying (so much so that I will keep my reservation & pay that much more if necessary). Is there any way to tell for certain if the car Hotwire is offering me is onsite at the airport?

I've got a reservation for an SUV through Alamo for over $500 for 1/29 to 2/5. Needless to say I'm hoping to do better, but the codes don't seem to be working out for me.

I tried Hotwire and it's a couple hundred dollars less, but it only notes the location as MCO. I'll be traveling with a 2 year old and really want to avoid having to shuttle to a car lot after a long day of flying (so much so that I will keep my reservation & pay that much more if necessary). Is there any way to tell for certain if the car Hotwire is offering me is onsite at the airport?

No. Since I just won a Priceline bid last night for an SUV for $18/day from Hertz, I have to think it's from the same place as the Hotwire deal. It's offsite, but the shuttle can't be that bad. I think my 2 year old is actually going to be happy to be on a bus. :-)

I just got a $199 deal on a minivan at both Alamo and National. With additional coupons, they both come out to basically the same rate... so, is there any reason to choose one over the other? Will I find a better deal on a minivan somewhere else?

Hi Jensen - Would you share dates/codes? I was able to get $249/wk with last minute deals on Alamo. 1/26-2/3

thanks!

There are three on site options for an SUV under $365 for your dates here:

http://www.carrentalsavers.com/florida-car-rental.html

Plus you can cancel or change at anytime unlike Hotwire.

I just booked a minivan with car rental savers for a week plus a day for $266 with Enterprise, this has been the best rate so far.

:banana::cool1::banana:

Booked a minivan with Alamo, 1/16-23. Used a Walmart code from Mousesavers & Coupon AD2123JMC for $30.00 off.

$240! Very happy with that, considering before yesterday I couldn't do better then $323.

My alamo rental just went down from 142 to 125 with costco code and $30 ecoupon. Compact car from 1/22-1/31. Very excited!

Hi Jensen - Would you share dates/codes? I was able to get $249/wk with last minute deals on Alamo. 1/26-2/3

thanks!

I just checked carrentalsavers dot com and they had an Enterprise Minivan for $167/week. Jan 22 - Feb 1 and my total was $352.37. Enterprise used to be off-site, but this said they were in the terminal???

Has anyone used the Hertz shuttle to their off-site rental location this year?
How long was the shuttle ride? Just really want to know about the experience.
We got our car for 7 days for $107.00 Jan 19-26 such a good price, so just kinda getting ready to go... Thanks ahead of time...:thumbsup2

Has anyone used the Hertz shuttle to their off-site rental location this year?
How long was the shuttle ride? Just really want to know about the experience.
We got our car for 7 days for $107.00 Jan 19-26 such a good price, so just kinda getting ready to go... Thanks ahead of time...:thumbsup2

My Dad just picked up his car at the Hertz off-site location. He said it was just under 10 minutes. He picked it up around 730PM.

Wow, rates just keep dropping. I checked last night and they dropped again today.

Current best rate:

National Emerald Aisle
$155.40 for 10 days + 2 hours (they are actually charging for 11 days)
Jan. 28th - Feb. 7th

Continental Code: 5007160
$40 e-coupon: ND1881JDK

So just to confirm in TPA I can bypass the counter and go directly to the Emerald Aisle and pick out my car ? I won't need any physical coupon? I guess I'll sign up for the Continental frequent flyer program in case they ask for proof of that.

Beat my previous rate of $186 with Alamo for a Standard car. Now here's hoping to find something nice on the aisle. Also wondering, can the rates get any lower?? :cool1:

Do you need a hard copy of the coupon to use the $40 off code? And if it's more than a one time use thing, would someone be willing to email it to me? PM me and I will respond w/ my email.

thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter