The Official January 2010 Car Rental Thread

We are going 19th-25th and have a full size from alamo for $219. Used the costco code and a coupon from the entertainment book.

http://www.rentalcarmomma.com/ has a pretty good deal using code 7013904.

Here are the details::::
Alamo
$209 total for 8 days 1/04-1/12.
Int. Pontiac G5
Base $149 plus all fees minus a $25 coupon.

I am not using this as Alamo charges for extra spouse driver (at least I think they still do...???)
....update....
I just called alamo to see if QS members get a free extra driver and they told me definately no with this code...

I also just noticed $25 off coupon (weekly) is now good until Jan 31! I booked for our 9 day trip (Jan 23 - Jan 31) for $180 w tax. This is using the AP discount code, and $25 off for a week. I will keep watching the code though.

Last year for the same length, same time, I was able to get a rate of $89 w tax, so I will keep checking!

Jennifer

Went with National (MCO pu/do) for a Minivan. Used contract ID 3717122 (have to book with Mastercard I think but am not 100% sure) and coupon ND1881jdk for an additional $40. My dates are Jan 25-Feb 1 for a week-long rental and my total, all in, is $348.38 which I am pretty happy with for a minivan for a week!!

I just reserved a mid size with national using the 5007160 Contintental Code and the $40 e-coupon from the National rental car email (ND1881JDK). The total (including taxes and fees) was $174.76 for 7 days +1 hour traveling 1/30through 2/6 with a MCO p/u and d/o. :cool1:

Happy that it is national and can pick off the EA and happy to be under $200!

Val.

I have Jan 3-17 booked with a compact plus one car upgrade for total of 337.00 with all fees,I can't find cheaper than that- does the upgrade mean we get to pick up a car from the next class up?
We used the Visa card codes from Mousesavers to get this with Alamo,the downside is only one driver,but we can live with that-
I am considering getting 2 shorter rentals while there instead,but the prices for 2 shorter rentals is way higher than this one I have booked...... I don't think I can find anything cheaper than this right now....any advice? (my dh loves his rental car time)

National with contintental id and ND1881jdk for 8 days 1/4-1/12 comes out to $186. Vallaman: Was the coupon an E-coupon that doesn't require a hard copy?

National with contintental id and ND1881jdk for 8 days 1/4-1/12 comes out to $186. Vallaman: Was the coupon an E-coupon that doesn't require a hard copy?

I got the code off of the december rental thread - it is a web coupon/email coupon so no hard copy is necessary. It appears to be working for january dates - as others on dis are getting good january rates with it as well. I'm a worrier though, so I called national to confirm the rate and coupon - she said everything looked good and I asked what all I would need with me since this was my first time using EA. She said just my contintental frequent flyer id card and a copy of my reservation. I asked if I needed a copy of my email coupon. She said no - those are web based/electronic. Only coupons that need to be provided are paper coupons - i.e. magazine, newspaper, entertainment, etc. She was very helpful in answering the EA questions I have.

Hope this helps!
Val.

I have a full size reserved with alamo using the costco #id and the entertainment book double upgrade for $360 from jan 2-15. Can you mix a discount code with a coupon from a different company like i have or will they tell me at the desk that you cannot mix and match.:

I just reserved a mid size with national using the 5007160 Contintental Code and the $40 e-coupon from the National rental car email (ND1881JDK). The total (including taxes and fees) was $174.76 for 7 days +1 hour traveling 1/30through 2/6 with a MCO p/u and d/o. :cool1:

Happy that it is national and can pick off the EA and happy to be under $200!

Val.

Thanks!

I reserved National (Emerald Aisle) 8 days, 1/4-1/12 using same combo of code and coupon and now have $186. Finally something under $200 and two drivers.

I just reserved a compact with Alamo for 1/30-2/6 using the BJ's ID code and the Alamo $25 off coupon code. Total = $247.10. I'll continue to hunt for better, but it feels good at last to have a reservation that isn't going to totally break the budget. This deal includes an additional driver included in the cost which will be nice.

I assume you can cancel if you get a better rate elsewhere? Just wondering. I usually wait to book a car until I'm closer as I usually get better rates that way. I've had good luck using Costco & Entertainment book discounts (separate times). Right now, it's looking to be around $200 for 7 days 1/25-1/31.

I booked through Hotwire and this is printed right on my reservation...they don't take a cc# either.

Booking rules
Rental charges are billed by the agency when you return the car. Reservations may be cancelled at any time without penalty by visiting My Account. Review our Terms of Use for more information.

I booked through Hotwire and this is printed right on my reservation...they don't take a cc# either.

Booking rules
Rental charges are billed by the agency when you return the car. Reservations may be cancelled at any time without penalty by visiting My Account. Review our Terms of Use for more information.

Okay, that's right if you've booked something through the regular Hotwire agency - just like Priceline's agency bookings. But if you go through Hotwire's heavily discounted process (accepting the blind, low price that's offered for your dates) rather than booking a car through a specific car rental company then you can't cancel.

Clarifying language from Hotwire's Help Center...

"Help Center: Car Rentals - After booking
Reservation changes/cancellations
Can I cancel or change my reservation if my plans change?

Hotwire Hot Rate rentals are final and cannot be cancelled, refunded, changed, exchanged or transferred. Your account will be charged for the total price shown, regardless of whether the reservation is used. This is how agencies better manage their unsold rental cars, and that's a big reason why we can offer you great travel deals.
On the other hand, regular-rate reservations may be canceled without penalty. To cancel your reservation, log in to your Hotwire account, and click, "My Account."
All Hotwire customers must agree to the Hotwire Terms of Use."

So Donnaksmj is correct for her situation but that's doesn't describe every Hotwire situation. :)

Dick Taylor

I was thinking since we arrive in Orlando around midnight, we will just cab it to the hotel, then figure out the rental car in the morning. I see there are a handful of rental places near our hotel.

january 3rd to the 11th Priceline.com midsized $297! We were pretty happy with that price. I see that others found cheaper for the same amount of days however when we booked it we were saving over $190!!

vallamen is my new hero. I was also able to get the $186 price on a midsized. My vacation is still several weeks away but I really thought I was going to have to pay $200+ for the first time in Orlando after 30+ trips. I wonder why it is just the Continental contract ID that gets the rate so low. Oh well, for that rate I can sign up for an account.

funny, ALl these posted codes are making my rate higher,what am I doing wrong? I still have a compact for 337.00 for 14 days- that's approx 24.00 per day with all fees.....can I do better for Jan 3-17? I'd rather have an extra driver added on-

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter