The *OFFICIAL* HHN Review Thread

Probably because a lot of people were at the AP party. It was nice getting house access right away, but unfortunately, I could barely see anything in either house because of the brightness outside, glad I got that head start though.
Was it me or did all of the houses seem REALLY dark inside? I don't remember them being that dark in the past. :confused3

Was it me or did all of the houses seem REALLY dark inside? I don't remember them being that dark in the past. :confused3

They did all seem pretty dark.

Doomsday, IT, and Creatures fared better than some of the other houses when it came to lighting though (and of course Dead Exposure has it's own lighting effects).

I ran into so many things during my first walkthrough of the Hallow, it was rather ridiculous.

They did all seem pretty dark.

Doomsday, IT, and Creatures fared better than some of the other houses when it came to lighting though (and of course Dead Exposure has it's own lighting effects).

I ran into so many things during my first walkthrough of the Hallow, it was rather ridiculous.
Yeah...I had a hard time seeing in most houses. I hope they can make some sort of adjustment to the lighting over the next few weeks. It was hard to see the sets throughout.

I tell you what was ridiculous...the queue length of Interstellar Terror! That was insane...luckily there was a short line and I had Express.

I don't know what was longer, the queue length for InterStellar or for Body Collectors. Those fricking queues seemed like they would never end.

I swear, anyone who goes to most of the FFP nights will probably lose at least 5 pounds. There was so much walking involved this year (it rivals HHN 14 where you had to walk forever to get between the two parks). I was so sore when I woke up this morning, lol.

And I'm not sure what I think of the maze o' queue fence soundstage.

I don't know what was longer, the queue length for InterStellar or for Body Collectors. Those fricking queues seemed like they would never end.

I swear, anyone who goes to most of the FFP nights will probably lose at least 5 pounds. There was so much walking involved this year (it rivals HHN 14 where you had to walk forever to get between the two parks). I was so sore when I woke up this morning, lol.

LOL. That is what my husband said. He goes "Well you can walk off dinner and the alcohol with these queues" I could not believe how long they were. I too also felt it this morning like I been working outlike forever.

Also to add to Metro yes we found the first 2 houses Scary Tales and Hallow to be very dark but no scares at all. :confused3 We started at 5PM with those houses so I have no clue if they were even equipped with scareactors. It was so dark that people were going the wrong way losing thier direction causing backups. One couple panicked in front of us and my husband had to help them find the way. We were thinking of going one more time to see if it got better.

2 questions - can you eat at finnegans while waiting?

did the houses seem wheelchair accessible? My brother is an electric wheelchair.

Yes you can eat at Finnegans. We did :) Get there early because it is CROWDED. I went there about 1 1/2 hrs ahead of time and people were already there. Wheel Chairs were able to go into the events. I saw a few while there.

My opinion of HHN is it was the BIGGEST waste of our money. I live near Busch Gardens and Kings Dominion in VA. I have those to compare HHN with. My family thought most of the houses were LAME compared to the scare factor at other parks. I will give them a thumbs up for organization and great detail in the houses. Bill and Ted's show was VULGAR. Crude wasn't the word for a couple of their scenes. If you're going to go the HHN get the express pass. The lines without it were TERRRIBLE!!!! We made it thourgh all houses,shows and scare zones with about 1/2 hour to spare. We did not ride anything or stop to eat. If we did not have the express pass all of our time would have been in line for one maybe 2 houses. One last thing the houses are very flashy so be prepared for alot of strobing. Expect nothing and maybe you will get what you expect. We got nothing out of HHN except horrible memories and a sad way to end our vacation !!!!! I spoke to guest services and they gave me a comp ticket to use again. Well gee thats what I want another ticket to spend more money in their park. SORRY Its back to Mickey for me!!!!!! NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!!! Well that is unless they get the rights back to Ghost Busters and Back to the Future!!!!!

I thought it was strange they used an entire soundstage just for the queue...I thought they could have had another house but I guess they insist on the mile long queues. I was really tired yesterday as well.

Yes you can eat at Finnegans. We did :) Get there early because it is CROWDED. I went there about 1 1/2 hrs ahead of time and people were already there. Wheel Chairs were able to go into the events. I saw a few while there.

My opinion of HHN is it was the BIGGEST waste of our money. I live near Busch Gardens and Kings Dominion in VA. I have those to compare HHN with. My family thought most of the houses were LAME compared to the scare factor at other parks. I will give them a thumbs up for organization and great detail in the houses. Bill and Ted's show was VULGAR. Crude wasn't the word for a couple of their scenes. If you're going to go the HHN get the express pass. The lines without it were TERRRIBLE!!!! We made it thourgh all houses,shows and scare zones with about 1/2 hour to spare. We did not ride anything or stop to eat. If we did not have the express pass all of our time would have been in line for one maybe 2 houses. One last thing the houses are very flashy so be prepared for alot of strobing. Expect nothing and maybe you will get what you expect. We got nothing out of HHN except horrible memories and a sad way to end our vacation !!!!! I spoke to guest services and they gave me a comp ticket to use again. Well gee thats what I want another ticket to spend more money in their park. SORRY Its back to Mickey for me!!!!!! NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!!! Well that is unless they get the rights back to Ghost Busters and Back to the Future!!!!!

I'm guessing this was your first time going...the bill and teds show is the same crude & vulgar every year.. sometimes the scare actors don't jump out at you that much.. it was usually a few people in front or behind me..i didn't think it was that scary either but i still had a good time seeing everything. what did you tell guest services..i wasn't scared..bill and teds was too vulgar..i didnt have that much fun..can i have my money back..

I didn't do any of the shows...that's next time. If anyone has any questions, fire away!

Which house(s) opened first and how long before the people outside were let in? Can you make it through multiple houses before the official opening time?

Which house(s) opened first and how long before the people outside were let in? Can you make it through multiple houses before the official opening time?
From the holding area, we were led to Creatures first and then did Body Collectors. We did five houses before the lines got over 30 mins. If you are going on a Friday or Saturday night later in the month, all bets are off on the wait times. I'm going again 10/5 and will let you know.

What movies/TV shows/singers were spoofed at the Bill & Ted's show?

We went to HHN last night for the last two hours. We were at Citywalk earlier with friends to eat at Bubba Gumps and it looked like a madhouse prior to opening, so we figured we'd get there around 10 p.m. and see if the lines cut down.

We got in four houses, plus a stop for pizza and gelato in those last two hours. It was great! We did the three soundstage houses, for which the wait was minimal, and Body Collectors was really spot-on. I wasn't impressed by it before, but it has shot way up in my opinion now. Then we hustled over to Dead Exposure, which only had a 15 min. wait right before closing. The queue line was almost as much fun as the house. We had a jovial but definitely drunk couple in front of us who were a riot. The b/f had run out of line to get a turkey leg, but the line was so short that they didn't finish it by the time we got to the door. the g/f stuck that big, greaasy thing in her pants pocket! Then she was saying, "Ooowww, that's hot!" It was really funny watching her in the house because she freaked everytime a scareactor was even close by. Hubby had a group that was freaking out behind him too so it was just as much fun watching the people around us as it was enjoying the house. Dead Exposire is most definitely still my favorite.

They really, really, REALLY need to do something about the smoking in the queues tho'. Last night I was ready to complain to security, even if it meant I would have to stand among disgruntled people, but there was no one in proximity to complain to when it happened at three of the houses. I'm sick of coming home with a sore throat and barely able to breath. The brochure explicitly says it's forbidden in the queues, so the guards really need to be walking up and down to actually enforce it.

Other than that, another great night at HHN. I never had pizza at Luigis before and it was awesome!

They really, really, REALLY need to do something about the smoking in the queues tho'. Last night I was ready to complain to security, even if it meant I would have to stand among disgruntled people, but there was no one in proximity to complain to when it happened at three of the houses. I'm sick of coming home with a sore throat and barely able to breath. The brochure explicitly says it's forbidden in the queues, so the guards really need to be walking up and down to actually enforce it.
I saw people smoking while walking around Friday night but didn't see any smoking in the lines. It's annoying when people don't follow the rules but since it's dark and hard to see, I doubt Universal will or can do anything about it.

So, who is going to HHN on Octobber 17??? If anyone will be in attendance, maybe our groups can meet up.. I will be there with 3 friends of mine..

You didn't say what night you went - whether it was a weekend night or weekday. Weekends are always busier than during the week, plus the area around Finnegans is designated the "stay and scream" area so all the people who were at the park during the day and are staying for HHN, are directed to that area while they clear the park of the day guests.

Sorry to hear you had a crappy time, however, you need to remember that HHN is marketed to a totally different demographic than MNSSHP. It is very much an adult oriented event - that is why US has the disclaimer that "this event may be too intense for young children". If you were expecting something similar to MNSSHP then unfortunately you picked the wrong event.

As for the lines ... yes, if you didn't have an EP you would have spent most of your time in the regular lines seeing maybe 2 houses. Most of the people going to HHN are locals who have time to spend waiting in lines, as they can come back to do more houses on another night - and do. That is why US markets a Frequent Fear Pass allowing return visits for the entire month of October. For visitors who only have one night to experience HHN, US offers the EP, or you could arrange for a VIP tour with a tour guide (during HHN they call it the RIP tour) - where you pay a bit extra and your group is guaranteed access to all the haunted houses and shows. They utilize their own entrances so there is no waiting in any lines.

I'm guessing this was your first time going...the bill and teds show is the same crude & vulgar every year.. sometimes the scare actors don't jump out at you that much.. it was usually a few people in front or behind me..i didn't think it was that scary either but i still had a good time seeing everything. what did you tell guest services..i wasn't scared..bill and teds was too vulgar..i didnt have that much fun..can i have my money back..

It was our first and LAST time for HHN. I knew ahead of time it was a PG rated event. PG isn't vulgar in my opinion. Yes I went to guest services and told them how disappointed our family was. We attend Busch Gardens and Kingsdominion yearly in VA and find those MUCh better on the scare zones. I've never been to MNSSHP and from what I've read don't care to see that either. I just expected ALOT better from US for the 125 per person paid for tickets and express passes. Even our express passes didn't work and a manager hand wrote on his business card for us to enter the express lines. It was just a lousy way to end our vacation. Next year back to Mickey so that will make it all better :)

It was our first and LAST time for HHN. I knew ahead of time it was a PG rated event. PG isn't vulgar in my opinion. Yes I went to guest services and told them how disappointed our family was. We attend Busch Gardens and Kingsdominion yearly in VA and find those MUCh better on the scare zones. I've never been to MNSSHP and from what I've read don't care to see that either. I just expected ALOT better from US for the 125 per person paid for tickets and express passes. Even our express passes didn't work and a manager hand wrote on his business card for us to enter the express lines. It was just a lousy way to end our vacation. Next year back to Mickey so that will make it all better :)

When we were there 2 years ago, each house had their own individual hole puncher that they would use to punch a hole in the express pass to indicate that it had been used for that house. Are they using a different system with the express passes this year?

...I knew ahead of time it was a PG rated event. PG isn't vulgar in my opinion...
PG? Uh, no. Thank goodness you didn't go see the Rocky Horror Tribute. You'd probably be catatonic. Mickey definitely sounds more to your taste. As for me, I will take all the blood and vulgarity and people running around in teddies while the audience yells obscene responses I can get. ;)

I've never once seen HHN described as a PG event, it is definitely a PG-13 event (and even then, some people may disagree, lol).

What night did you go, Friday or Saturday?

On Friday, I never saw any house get above 30 minutes, except 60 min. for Reflections of Fear, so I would say that on Friday night, the crowds were quite light compared to some nights I've seen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter