The Official GLEE thread

I just wanted to add a comment. I have watched Glee a couple times because I enjoyed the music. The story lines were interesting. What has happened with that show??? In my area it's on at 8:00. I would NEVER let my child watch that show with the inappropriate material they are showing. Does everything have to be about sex? What I listened to for the minute I switched channels was terrible. I would have to believe they have lost alot of viewers. I almost feel anything and everything is okay to be seen on tv. Kids today don't have a chance. Let me correct that and say parents don't have a chance.

There was a TV 14 rating at the beginning of the episode. It also didn't show sexual activity except for a little kissing. Although I was concerned about the episode, I thought everything was handled very sensitively.

I just wanted to add a comment. I have watched Glee a couple times because I enjoyed the music. The story lines were interesting. What has happened with that show??? In my area it's on at 8:00. I would NEVER let my child watch that show with the inappropriate material they are showing. Does everything have to be about sex? What I listened to for the minute I switched channels was terrible. I would have to believe they have lost alot of viewers. I almost feel anything and everything is okay to be seen on tv. Kids today don't have a chance. Let me correct that and say parents don't have a chance.

The show has dealt with teen sex from the very first episode on- Quinn and Puck talked about how they "did it" after she had too many wine coolers. Within the next episode or two, we found out Quinn was pregnant. They definitely haven't ever held back when it comes to talking about, and portraying, teen sexuality.

It's not as if they suddenly started featuring storylines that have never been talked about before. If you don't want your kids watching, change the channel. I personally don't think it is inappropriate for my 13 year old.

While I thought there was a lot of sex talk this week, this show has always been very forward about teens and sex. This was nothing new for Glee, so nothing has happened to it. Its never been appropriate for children.

That said, Artie asking a teacher if she was a virgin was so inappropriate. But I did love it when the scout asked her out!!!

Don't like the new warbler, I hope he isn't on often. And they are no good without Blaine. I was disappointed after reading on Facebook yesterday that
Blaine was going to be with the warblers to do Uptown Girl and then he didn't even sing.

That said, I am SO over Kurt. The character is a walking stereotype and he's become such a diva/spoiled brat that I'm tempted to fast forward through any scene with him. Up until last night his scenes this season have all consisted of him pouting over something. I'm actually hoping Blaine ditches him.

Sadly I agree. He seems like a brat this season. He was always one of my favorite characters, but I'm not enjoying him so much this year.

I think Kurt was a brat last season quite a bit too. But I applauded him when he yelled at Blaine in the car, every word he said at that point was true. Blaine was a jerk at the bar. And 1 beer? Yeah right!

The show has dealt with teen sex from the very first episode on- Quinn and Puck talked about how they "did it" after she had too many wine coolers. Within the next episode or two, we found out Quinn was pregnant. They definitely haven't ever held back when it comes to talking about, and portraying, teen sexuality.

It's not as if they suddenly started featuring storylines that have never been talked about before. If you don't want your kids watching, change the channel. I personally don't think it is inappropriate for my 13 year old.

I agree with the first part. DW & I watched it last night via DVR before letting DD(13) watch it. Neither of us was comfortable letting her watch it. If she was 15, probably a different story (matching the TV14 rating now that I think of it). Curiousity... is your 13 a DS or DD?

I agree with the first part. DW & I watched it last night via DVR before letting DD(13) watch it. Neither of us was comfortable letting her watch it. If she was 15, probably a different story (matching the TV14 rating now that I think of it). Curiousity... is your 13 a DS or DD?

13 year old DD. We have been talking about sex and what it entails (physically and emotionally) for a few years now. Nothing new came out on the show that we haven't discussed at home. I have tried to be very proactive with the whole process. She knows where I stand on waiting until she is ready, not just physically, but emotionally and maturity-wise. It is a big step to take, and not to be taken lightly.

Overall, I think they handled it well on the show. I would prefer the characters waited until after they were out of school, but I am OK with how they portrayed it. Every character really thought about what they were doing first and didn't just rush into it (like Finn did with Santana in the first season).

I know you weren't asking me, but my dd is going to be 16 in January, and there were a few parts last night that made me cringe watching with her. But I have always known this and it makes for some good discussion points.

13 year old DD. We have been talking about sex and what it entails (physically and emotionally) for a few years now. Nothing new came out on the show that we haven't discussed at home. I have tried to be very proactive with the whole process. She knows where I stand on waiting until she is ready, not just physically, but emotionally and maturity-wise. It is a big step to take, and not to be taken lightly.

Overall, I think they handled it well on the show. I would prefer the characters waited until after they were out of school, but I am OK with how they portrayed it. Every character really thought about what they were doing first and didn't just rush into it (like Finn did with Santana in the first season).

I agree. I watched it with my 12 year old daughter and had a discussion with her after it. It is so important to be proactive - 15 is way too late to start having conversations about sex.

I'm loving all the West Side Story numbers on Glee. One of my favorite musicals :)

It's not one of, it is my favorite musical. And yesterday was the 50th anniversary of West Side Story. Many AMC theaters did a special showing of it nationwide.

It's not one of, it is my favorite musical. And yesterday was the 50th anniversary of West Side Story. Many AMC theaters did a special showing of it nationwide.

Yes, the local theater in my town showed it. I couldn't get DBf to go with me though. :rolleyes:

I agree. I watched it with my 12 year old daughter and had a discussion with her after it. It is so important to be proactive - 15 is way too late to start having conversations about sex.
Where did I say we haven't had conversations about sex? DW has talked with her about it. We simply felt the show was TOO intense for a 13 year old, not that the show wasn't handled well or that we're hiding sex from her.

I think Kurt was a brat last season quite a bit too. But I applauded him when he yelled at Blaine in the car, every word he said at that point was true. Blaine was a jerk at the bar. And 1 beer? Yeah right!

my thoughts exactly!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter