The Official Free Dining Watch 2007 Thread

I SAID UNLESS YOU DO NOT USE UP ALL YOUR CREDITS!
If you book 8 nights and nine days, you are only getting the ddp for the eight nights, unless you did not use up all of your credits. Read my post.

My whole reason for this was the first year ddp was put out; we saw guest complaining because they stayed on site late the night of their departure and had made ADRS and thought it was covered under the plan.
Disney clearly states now the following:
The Disney dinning plan includes 1 Qs, 1 snack, 1Ts meal per person,
per night of your package stay!

If you do not use all of your credits they expire at 12pm on the night of you departure! So I was not wrong! CALM DOWN YOURSELF! So what if we are excited!

Sorry, but that is wrong...DDP allows you to use your dining credits up until midnight of your checkout date. So if you leave on 9/3, you can use credits up until midnight on 9/3.

And, please calm down everyone, they would not be putting this promotion out if they hardly had any rooms available for the dates. You may not get your first choice of resort, but if you call next week, there will be availability at all price points. (Disney marketing - "We need to spend $100,000 on marketing so we can get people into those 12 empty rooms we have at CSR on 9/15." NOT) They only give this promotion because there are empty roooms.

Of course, I will be late for work on Monday because I'll be on the phone.
SkierPete

I called my TA today and she just called me back.She called Disney and Disney told her it would be open to the general public on Friday. She told Disney she had many calls today from clients wanting to know about the picture with the word free.
(My TA is a DISNEY FREAK TOO!)
Disney told her they know, that they were removing the link due to over flow of calls to them!
So we just have to wait!

Ok there are tons of pages since I read this yesterday and I can't get thru them all so if I am repeating sorry....I can't get Chef Goofy on the website???:confused3

Ok there are tons of pages since I read this yesterday and I can't get thru them all so if I am repeating sorry....I can't get Chef Goofy on the website???:confused3

It's gone now. It wasn't a viable link anyway, but it was definite confirmation for us that the Free DDP would be offered. Now to wait until Monday!!!!!!!!

This is what it look like for you 5boyzs~
ea0b51e5.jpg

elmo.gif
elmo.gif
elmo.gif
elmo.gif
elmo.gif
elmo.gif

She said that is how she understands it....so I sure hope so!

Thanks! We only even began to consider September as an option this morning (we were hoping for early August), so I guess I'm glad I have the entire weekend to plan ADR's, etc.

I know there's been a lot of talk about minimum stays--anyone have any info (or educated guesses) as to maximum stays? Last year was 10--same as package maximums, so are we all thinking 14, since that's the new package maximum? Here's hoping so!

Thanks Pam!!! Cheers to you all that are going on the "free dining or $82./night dates!!! Unfortunately I am going July 22-Aug 3 and will have to pay for the dining....I got CAA though so at least it is a couple of hundred $$$$ cheaper!!!

Awwww, I can't wait! I'm stuck though, we're adopting and hope to have our child/children by the time we take our trip. I won't know the ages of the other child of course until we get matched....but as we are now we fill up a room, so we'll of course need two rooms. If I book two rooms now, and then the adoption fails to happen....I suppose we could always get a refund on the other room? Or maybe someone in our family would want it since it would have free dining on it.

If you book on Monday using Disney Visa for the deposit, do you have to pay the balance with the Disney Visa, or can you use another CC?

Does anybody remember what the dates were last year for free dining, and did they change (in other words - did they add dates before or after the original offering. I am hoping to go the week of 8/18 - 8/25.

thanks,

Paul

I am happy to rebook my entire package bacause I got a code and would not be able to rebook at this time and I paid with my bank card. My DH does not want to buy disney insurance since it comes with the card.

I did buy my Air fare with the card to get the insurance through disney visa however.

Now when I rebook I will lose my discount but get a better one and pay for the entire vacation with the visa card.

Anyone else do this?? Or will be doing this??

If my memory serves me right, they did not change the dates.
They stop free dinning right before MNSSP begins.
Value season used to be longer,it is now shorter.
But in 2005, the reoffered the free dinning a couple of weeks after it had expired.

Does anybody remember what the dates were last year for free dining, and did they change (in other words - did they add dates before or after the original offering. I am hoping to go the week of 8/18 - 8/25.

thanks,

Paul

If my memory serves me right, they did not change the dates.
They stop free dinning right before MNSSP begins.
Value season used to be longer,it is now shorter.
But in 2005, the reoffered the free dinning a couple of weeks after it had expired.

I think there are a few MNSSHP dates during free dining. I think they are on Fridays beginning 9/14. We are hoping to begin free dining on 9/22 and go to the party on 9/28.
-mary

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter