• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***The Official February 2016 Thread!***

WOOOO!! Hit my 7 Month mark this morning and booked my first choice!! Feb 8th to the 13th my BF and I will be staying at the Poly Villas in a Lake View Studio!! :D :D :D

on the verge of being 'booked'...info sent to travel agent and now just waiting for the confirmations to come through...:surfweb:

cannot wait to officially booked today! Just realized that today is our 7 month mark too! :yay:

We decided on Pop, but really hoping some deals come through to move to AOA...also doing a quick trip to Universal before Disney to get our HP fix.

Now, onto to the next countdown...ADR and FP!

Hi All!Just thought I would say hello. I booked my trip about a week ago. I will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside from the 1st to the 12th. I am doing my second straight solo/birthday trip in a row! So excited. Last February I was blessed with great weather and so hoping got a repeat performance.

What is the deal with Thursday February 4th 2016?

I know the schedule is only preliminary but *no* MSEP or Wishes is unusual even for this stage of the game, isn't it?

That would be a great help. Thanks!

Ok so last year this is how last February's hours went included with EMH mornings and evenings:

All parks open by 9 am unless they had EMH mornings

Animal Kingdom closes at 5 pm. They have EMH mornings on Sundays and Wednesdays where it opens at 8 am.

DHS closes by 7 pm but it has an EMH evening on Monday, where it stays open till 9 pm. They also have EMH mornings on Saturday where they open at 8 am.

Epcot closes at 9 pm. On Friday they have EMH evenings where Epcot will stay open till 11 pm. On Tuesday they have EMH mornings where it opens at 8 am.

MK has hours all over the place. On Saturday during there EMH evenings they were suppose to close at midnight but instead those hours were changed to 2 am about a month or so before my trip. There EMH mornings are on Thursday where they open at 8 am. Normally they close at 9 pm but on Tuesday thru Thursday they closed at 8 pm and on Sunday, they actually changed there hours and stayed open till 10 pm that night.

Hopefully this helps a little.

We'll be at Disney February 27th to March 5th, staying at CBR! Will be celebrating my '15th' birthday that Monday, the 29th :upsidedow And will also be doing 1 day at Universal for all the HP doings!

I share the same dates with you!! May upgrade to CBR from Pop once discounts become available.

Hello!! Just booked 2/25-3/4 for husband and I. Booked at Pop Century but maaaaay change once the discounts come out. We stayed at Pop during our honeymoon and loved it so no big deal if we don't change. So excited to finally be planning again :)

Hello everybody, I am super excited!! My family and I have been 5 times since we started to go in 2012! I have become a bit obsessed what can I say I fell in love. So we just went in January 2015 and spent 10 nights. This trip is centered around the Princess Races. I will be running in the 10k and my boys will be participating in the kid dashes. It's my first Disney race, originally we were only going for a long weekend but I had a friend with some extra points for rent and we will be down from February 14th till the 20th. I'm excited especially cause we were able to book at the Polynesian resort! It's our first time staying at a monorail resort. We have stayed in AKL, OKW, SSR, and POP. The only thing that worries me is I didn't know this week was presidents week but we have really done every single ride with the kids and we are rope droppers so I'm not that worried. Anyone else going presidents week or have gone during this time before?

On the basis that S/P/D comes out again, we are going with our first ever moderate - POFQ!!! Any thoughts? We are looking at February 19 - 28, 2015 :yay:

Woo hoo! Going Feb 6-13. Doing a split stay- possibly Poly/Bonnet Creek. Never went in Feb.or never went during non-peak cuz I am a teacher, but I decided to bite the bullet and book during regular school week! :rolleyes: Hopefully the weather will cooperate and it wont be too cold. We haven't been since 2012 and I am a little overwhelmed by all of the changes. We usually don't have a problem cuz we a rope droppers and major planners but I have to admit, Im a little nervous with the FP+ sitch.
Any advice for touring plans that time of month? It is myself DH,DD 16, and DD 9. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

We are officially planning a trip February 17- 22. We are booked at POFQ and I've registered to run the Princess Half (yikes!). Sooo excited :)

Woo hoo! Going Feb 6-13. Doing a split stay- possibly Poly/Bonnet Creek. Never went in Feb.or never went during non-peak cuz I am a teacher, but I decided to bite the bullet and book during regular school week! :rolleyes: Hopefully the weather will cooperate and it wont be too cold. We haven't been since 2012 and I am a little overwhelmed by all of the changes. We usually don't have a problem cuz we a rope droppers and major planners but I have to admit, Im a little nervous with the FP+ sitch.
Any advice for touring plans that time of month? It is myself DH,DD 16, and DD 9. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I was there last February and the first thing I can tell you that the major fun attractions you definitely will need a fast pass but if there are some rides that you enjoy and that you wouldn't consider them "major" ones then don't waste a fast pass on them. Seem like every time I got a fast pass for a character interaction minus the frozen girls, it was a wasted fast pass in some ways. I would literally walk right in and the wait time would be like 10 minutes.

I cant say enough how lucky I was to be blessed with great weather last trip. I am hoping and praying for the same. One thing I noticed was because of AK and DHS usually closing early, that meant either Epcot or MK would be packed. I know last February, DHS has emh evening hours on Monday and there were open till 9 pm. I am not sure why but I think many people forgot about it and it was completely dead that nite. Also Mk at night during the week was semi slow but on Saturday it was bad big time. Hopefully this helps. Any more questions feel free to ask.

I was there last February and the first thing I can tell you that the major fun attractions you definitely will need a fast pass but if there are some rides that you enjoy and that you wouldn't consider them "major" ones then don't waste a fast pass on them. Seem like every time I got a fast pass for a character interaction minus the frozen girls, it was a wasted fast pass in some ways. I would literally walk right in and the wait time would be like 10 minutes.

I cant say enough how lucky I was to be blessed with great weather last trip. I am hoping and praying for the same. One thing I noticed was because of AK and DHS usually closing early, that meant either Epcot or MK would be packed. I know last February, DHS has emh evening hours on Monday and there were open till 9 pm. I am not sure why but I think many people forgot about it and it was completely dead that nite. Also Mk at night during the week was semi slow but on Saturday it was bad big time. Hopefully this helps. Any more questions feel free to ask.

Beings its our first trip as a family (2/27-3/5), in my mind our FP+ rides should be 7DMT, BTMR & Splash MTN...as we plan for rope drop our first MK morning and we are going to head directly to Peter Pan, maybe a Dumbo ride or 2 then the carousel before off too the FP+ starting maybe at 10:30-11am, does this sound like a good plan? Should we push the FP's back even a little later?

OR should be split the park in 1/2 and tackle Adventure Land & Frontier Land on our first day, then Fantasy Land & Tomorrow Land on the 2nd full day?

Is anyone interested in a memory maker share? I've never done one so I don't know how to set it up, but I'm in if anyone knows how and is interested :)
Our dates are 2/25-3/4

Closing in on our 180 day dance (thats a thing right?)
Heading off for 2 weeks on Jan 29th

Combining Villa stay and onsite at AoA

Beings its our first trip as a family (2/27-3/5), in my mind our FP+ rides should be 7DMT, BTMR & Splash MTN...as we plan for rope drop our first MK morning and we are going to head directly to Peter Pan, maybe a Dumbo ride or 2 then the carousel before off too the FP+ starting maybe at 10:30-11am, does this sound like a good plan? Should we push the FP's back even a little later?

OR should be split the park in 1/2 and tackle Adventure Land & Frontier Land on our first day, then Fantasy Land & Tomorrow Land on the 2nd full day?

Doing Peter Pan early is a wise decision. By later in the day, it will be a packed house. Your plan sound pretty good to me. Imo you don't want to push back your fast passes to much later. Remember you have lunch and I am not sure what time you plan on eating that. Maybe push you fast passes back to say 11:30 or so and go from there or perhaps noon. Just my two cents.

Wooo hoo!! I have my room booked, staying at the Poly Villas in a Lake view Studio from Feb 8th to the 13th! I just got my 6 day park hoppers and the quick service dining plan too! I don't think I've ever had everything done and paid for this far in advance!

I am trying to make this a more relaxed trip which is going to be a change! It's my boyfriends first visit and I want it to be awesome! He is definitely not an early riser so we won't be doing rope drop...which will be really really weird for me haha but maybe that will mean I won't be exhausted every day of the trip lol

I've also never done the quick service plan which is going to be a change. Currently I'm planning for maybe 2 OOP table service meals, one being Biergarten and the other I'm slightly undecided on. My BF is kinda picky so I'm thinking some place Italian will be a good choice, anyone eat at Tony's recently? I have heard they've improved in recent years. Last year I ate at Mama Melrose and was not impressed at all.

YAY! 190 days to go!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter