*The OFFICIAL February 2012 Thread!*

We'll be at WL from Thurs, Feb 2 - Fri, Feb 10.

We WERE booked for Jan 27-Feb 3, but the Superbowl was messing with our return flight - on a sale, I was getting $65 to MCO, $289 back home. No thanks.

So, we changed our week, added an extra day at WDW, and we're saving a few hundred bucks!

I was able to book airfare for $65 each way per person(Southwest had a price war with Airtran, which is also owned by them, so it was weird), so our flights ended up being only $454 for all 3 of us, roundtrip! :cool1: AND we booked Southwest, so we can check bags for free! (yay for bringing canned craft beer and smartwaters to put in our fridge!) :thumbsup2

ADRs & park plans:
Thurs 2/2- arriving late(we're actually working that day, and picking DD up from school at normal time to grab our flight out), we'll grab a CS to split at Roaring Forks.
Fri 2/3- 1900 Park Fare dinner (MK day, maybe EC for EMH)
Sat 2/4- Le Cellier lunch (EC day)
Sun 2/5- Sci Fi dinner (HS day, may go to MK for EMH after HS closes)
Mon 2/6- Hoop De Doo (? park for day, HS after dinner for EMH)
Tues 2/7- Whispering Canyon dinner (AK day, relax and have dinner at our own resort after the early closing)
Wed 2/8 - 'Ohana dinner (? park - whatever we feel like re-visiting)
Thurs 2/9 - Les Chefs De France dinner with Remy (? park, whatever we feel like revisiting)
Fri 2/10 - use up the remaining CS and snacks. Flight isn't until night time.

We plan on hitting DTD for a couple hours one of the days. We never got to it, and missed about half the stuff at AK on our trip in 2010.

This trip will be a complete surprise for DD. We had been planning Jan 2012 since our trip in Jan 2010. I was planning on running the half, but prices were SO high, and no free dining or good deals at that time, so we told DD we couldn't go. All along, DH and I knew we were just going to be changing our dates. So, now when someone slips up and says something about our trip, DD just pipes up and says in her most annoyed voice "We aren't going. it's too busy, and Mommy's going to miss the marathon weekend."

I'm SO excited to surprise her. We aren't going to tell her until we're at the airport (if DH will already be in FL for a business trip) or when we pick her up from school if he's home and flying down with us! Her teacher was in tears when we told her. She's sad she'll be on maternity leave so she won't see the reaction.

DH is kinda afraid we'll get a not-so-awesome reaction from DD (who will be 8 at the time, 2nd grade). He keeps watching WDW Surprise trip backfires on YouTube and telling me about them. I think she'll be ecstactic! I'm afraid of how her classmates will react since we're taking her out of school for 6 days. Their parents are gonna think we're horrible parents! (we live in a really gossippy school district. It's bad enough that I'm one of only a handful of moms in her class who works!)

AH!!! 99 days!!!! YAY - SO excited!!!!

We live in Bloomington and are flying out the 2nd as well! (Staying till the 8th) We'd probably be on your flight, but we're dropping off our dog at my parent's in Columbus, OH so we'll be flying out of there with a layover in Atlanta.

We're actually relieved we'll be there during the Super Bowl! (Low crowds and DH's team - the Dolphins - haven't made it there in awhile anyway. :rolleyes1)

Nice to see someone on here from the area! :thumbsup2

We live in Bloomington and are flying out the 2nd as well! (Staying till the 8th) We'd probably be on your flight, but we're dropping off our dog at my parent's in Columbus, OH so we'll be flying out of there with a layover in Atlanta.

mskibbe - We're actually relieved we'll be there during the Super Bowl! (Low crowds and DH's team - the Dolphins - haven't made it there in awhile anyway. :rolleyes1)

Nice to see someone on here from the area! :thumbsup2

Nice to see you on the board too - I'm probably actually closer than you think - I live off of 37 in Center Grove!

Driving to Columbus - ugh. I've done that drive... and it's pretty long. We did stop that the building that looks like a humungus candle during our drive out one time. I was fun to finally stop there (we go to Dayton's Wright Patt Air Force base plane Museum at least 2x/year) and look around. We had lunch there and it was pretty yummy. And clean bathrooms, with very good smelling hand lotions to try out.

I'm kinda jealous you're going to WWofHP. I want to go SO badly, but we're going to wait until DD has read more of the books, and then drive down to Orlando, probably a non-Disney trip. DH has always wanted to drive it, so since he's caved and given in to me for 2 deluxe hotel, week long all inclusive trips, that'll be my compromise with him for our next trip(s).

We're glad we're missing the Superbowl too. I joke with Dh that we should rent out house out for it - we have 5 bedrooms and a 3 car garage! (we'd never do that - I'd be too afraid we'd come back to a trashed house!) But I work near downtown and DH works on the east side, so I'm SO glad we'll be missing the traffic. I think the city is going to be like a zoo. And if we get another ice storm... like last winter - oh boy, it'll be a sight to behold!

feel free to PM me if you want to talk more (I feel bad kinda hijacking this thread!) :rolleyes1

Anyone have any idea rough start time for fireworks in february? Trying to plan days with 2 and 5 year olds and don't want them too tuckered for FW.

We live in Bloomington and are flying out the 2nd as well! (Staying till the 8th)

Nice to see you on the board too - I'm probably actually closer than you think - I live off of 37 in Center Grove!

I just wanted chime in, I live just East of the Indiana line close to I-70. But we don't leave untill the 11th, and we're flying out of Dayton. I am SOOOO excited to head south in February, as you two both know, the weather in Ohio & Indiana is awful that time of year. Safe travels everyone! :thumbsup2

I just wanted chime in, I live just East of the Indiana line close to I-70. But we don't leave untill the 11th, and we're flying out of Dayton. I am SOOOO excited to head south in February, as you two both know, the weather in Ohio & Indiana is awful that time of year. Safe travels everyone! :thumbsup2

I was just in Dayton last weekend (I LOVE WPAFB! - I FINALLY saw the President's airplanes and X planes, which I LOVED! I could spend a good few days in that museum, which is why we go at least 2x per year.).

Yes, we're very excited to escape the cold and snow as well, although last time we tried it in 2010, it backfired in our faces. It was snowing when we got down to MCO (better then the 6" we left on our driveway though - ha!), and we wore our coats, gloves, and hats for a few days. By the end of the week, we shed our coats and wore t-shirts - it warmed up just in time for us to leave for home :-(

Lets hope it's warmer in FL this winter! So excited!

We will be in Orlando from Feb 16 - 21 for the Presidential Classic gymnastics meet at ESPN WWofS. It's my youngest DD (8 going on 9) who is competing. We are staying with my parents at Wyndham Cypress Palms (timeshare exchange), along with a few teammates who also got an exchange to the same resort.

I know it will be very busy, and we'll probably only get 2 days for the parks, but we are still very excited. This is probably one of the only trips without ADRs or even much of a plan. We won't know until just before the trip when DD is actually competing, so the park days won't even be decided too far in advance. We will eat counter service I imagine, because DD is going to want to stay with her close teammates and I am not attempting to make ADRs for 12 or more people!

We fly to MCO on the 13th for a 4 night stay at AKL. The afternoon of the 17th we get a rental car to drive down to Sanibel Island where we'll spend a week with my sisters and their DH's.

Hey there fellow February Visitors
We arrive 3rd February for 14 nights from the UK and are staying at POR!!
So excited that we are now under 100 days!!!
See you all there!!!
Vicki x

Hi February folks!!

DS(6) and I will be there from 02/15 until 02/22. Staying at POP. Also joined a refrigerator swap. Woohoo!!
Free Dining this time around!! :cool1::woohoo:

ADRs:
02/15 Garden Grill (Epcot) for dinner
02/16 Hollywood & Vine (DHS) for breakfast and hopefully Jedi training soon thereafter!!
02/17 The Crystal Palace (MK) for breakfast
02/18 Via Napoli (Epcot) for dinner
02/19 1900 Park Fare (GF) for dinner
02/20 Pirate's League followed by dinner at Chef Mickey's (Contemporary) and then Pirate and Pals fireworks!!
02/21 Fantasmic package with dinner at Hollywood & Vine (DHS).

Booked our stay at the All Star Movies! Feb. 11-20! :cheer2:

I am going to try and make dinner and BBB reservations next. Wish me luck! Trying to get into Chef Mickey, Supercalfragalistic Breakfast, Prime Time Cafe, and T-Rex.

Hello everyone, We are arriving Feb 13th - Feb 16th (short trip) and staying at POR can't wait have never stayed at this resort before....Yipppee

Just finished all my RSVPs::cheer2:

02/11 - Lunch: T-Rex
02/12 - Breakfast: Chef Mickey's
02/15 - Lunch: 50's Prime Time
02/17 - Breakfast: 1900 Park Fare
02/19 - BBB at MK

Just switched resorts to stay at the new Royal Guest room at POR:cool1::cool1:

We are going Fri, Feb 17 to the next Friday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter