*The OFFICIAL February 2012 Thread!*

Hello fellow Feb 2012 travelers!!!

Is everyone as pumped up as I am?

What special things do you have planned to do on your trip?

Are you going to decorate your room door? We're staying at FW cabins and I plan on putting up something on our door or front of cabin... not sure what yet? Any ideas?

I am going to START NOW and buy little trinkets (spinning lights, glow sticks, etc.) to wrap and give each of my kids the morning before we head into the park. That way, I am not spending tons of $ on these last minute toys inside the park. With 5 kids- it would be much too expensive. Anyone else doing this and what do you plan on buying?

Ideas for keeping kids busy during wait times? I'm thinking pipe cleaners (to bend into funny shapes). I've thought about play doh but I think it would make too much of a mess- especially with the heat. Thoughts?

Ok I know I'm rambling but it is so much fun to talk about our trips so lets do it!

im doing the trinkets thing too...been on ebay evryday buying little auto books ..1st visit pins..luggage tags..and the cutes white glove mickey hands..gonna box it all up and surprise the kids on xmas....what r glow sticks..where do i get them...:laughing:

love the ramblers...:laughing:

I'm doing the same thing! Picking up little things at Dollar Tree, the dollar section at Target, Michaels etc. I decorated our window last year at Pop. I haven't decided about doing it for this trip yet. Do folks decorate windows at POFQ? It is Mardi Gras week when we are there, so I'm thinking I might do it.

Everyones plans sound so great!!

I am having a hard time getting into the swing of things. My Mom and I were supposed to run the Disneyland 1/2 Marathon this coming up holiday weekend, but she has a stress fracture in her foot, so now I get to go it alone, and I am kinda freaked out.

After lots of work and counseling, my husband and I have decided to separate/divorce. So the trip is kind of up in the air. I have decided I am still going, I just dont know who I am going with. I might just make it a solo trip (8 days might be a bit much for that), and use it as me time. My son (19) does not want to go, I might drag a girlfriend along, who knows.

Bummer about Tutto, I was looking forward to eating there, but I have my ADR's and I dont think I am going to change them around. How do they sound:

2/13: Teppan Edo (dinner)
2/14: Le Cellier (lunch)
2/15: Liberty Tree Tavern (dinner)
2/16: 50's Primetime Cafe (dinner)
2/17: San Angel Inn (dinner)
2/18: Via Napoli (dinner)
2/19: Crystal Palace (breakfast)

I might change the Le Cellier, since its not my favorite place to eat at the parks.

Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Can't wait Feb 12-19th First trip for my wife and two kids to WDW. It's been 13 years for me. Looking forward to Animal Kingdom and all the changes.

We're surprising our kids on Christmas too with the trip so I am making them a box of stuff: countdown calendar, I make the personalized maps on the disneyworld website and will put those in there. I am going to stop on the DISigns board and make up plane tix, etc. for the box as well as some t-shirts, glow sticks, etc.

I think they will be thrilled since they ask pretty much every day if they can go back.

We're surprising our kids on Christmas too with the trip so I am making them a box of stuff: countdown calendar, I make the personalized maps on the disneyworld website and will put those in there. I am going to stop on the DISigns board and make up plane tix, etc. for the box as well as some t-shirts, glow sticks, etc.

I think they will be thrilled since they ask pretty much every day if they can go back.

I wish I would have waited to tell mine to do something like this...LoL, I couldn't keep the secret though!

Our dates are Feb. 24 - March 4. This trip is to celebrate my hubby graduating from college! YAY!

We're staying at the Dolphin this time.

I literally just paid off the balance on our trip less than 5 minutes ago!!! :dancer:

So now- no matter what- WE ARE GOING! Our trip is paid for and we're getting free dining.

I am SO RELIEVED that this trip is paid off and now I can relax and plan without that added pressure of the Jan 3 payoff date which was right after Christmas.

We will be arriving February 25 - March 8, we are so excited! We will be staying offsite. 4 grandkids, 2 kids, and me!:cheer2:

Picked up some goodies for our trip last night!

I got some lightweight backpacks at Target in the school supplies section for half off. Here they are!

Bookbag

They are thin and so lightweight and came in a variety of colors (bright pink, blue, black, green) so each kid will get their own. They were also half off and were only $3.98!!!

I am going to have their names embroidered on them and fill with Crayola Color Wonder stuff, some books, etc. for the car trip down to Disney. will be perfect for holding ponchos, etc. to take into the park as well.

I was also able to find Disney Sunglasses for half off at my local CVS for $3.50 each!

Total scores for our trip!

We'll be there 12th-18th. We're super excited! We haven't decided on which resort we want to stay at though. It's between Coronado, Polynesian, and Wildneress Lodge

I'm excited made a bunch of my ADRs the other day. I always struggle with this part. Here's what I have so far...

2/18 not making a reservation because I'm not sure what time we'll be arriving at Coronado Springs but we'll eat at the resort

2/19 Beaches and Cream @ Y&BC no ressies not sure what time

2/20 L- Fish Shop in England D- La Hacienda de San Angel 7:45 hoping to sit by the window and linger a bit to watch Illuminations.

2/21 D- 50's Prime Time 4:15 and then Fantasmic

2/22 D- O'Hana 6:35 and then over to MK for Main Street Electrical and Wishes

2/23 D- @ DTD so we'll have to eat at Earl of Sandwich (love that place!!)

2/24 L- Sci Fi Dine In 1:30

2/26 B- Chef Mickey's 8:30am then Mini Golf and then we head to the airport for the trip home:sad1:

Looking good so far!!:thumbsup2

Well, we had to cancel our February birthdays trip b/c DH went back to school in Aug for his bachelor's degree :banana: We're hoping for a long weekend to WDW this October for MNSSHP 2011 and TL...which is great b/c we weren't planning to go down to WDW this year! :cheer2: Have fun planning everyone!

A question for you that have been on Presidents Week. How busy is it really? We have been twice for Christmas and twice aroun the 4th of July, can it really be busier than those times? We are going at this time because our kids are off for Mardi Gras and this year it falls in line with President's Day :confused3 !

I didn't seem crazy busy to me but then again all the other times I've been were summer trips which were really crowded.

Feels like I've been planning our 1st trip FOREVER, hoping the dream could become reality. I was finally able to make it happen! I'll be taking my son, who'll be just 5, from Feb 26 thru March 3, staying at POFQ. Soooo excited!!!!! And I'm happy that I've found DIS, because my family and friends think I'm totally nuts when it comes to Disney. :rotfl: Come on... 168 days and counting! Woohoo!

Feels like I've been planning our 1st trip FOREVER, hoping the dream could become reality. I was finally able to make it happen! I'll be taking my son, who'll be just 5, from Feb 26 thru March 3, staying at POFQ. Soooo excited!!!!! And I'm happy that I've found DIS, because my family and friends think I'm totally nuts when it comes to Disney. :rotfl: Come on... 168 days and counting! Woohoo!

How wonderful that you've been able to make it happen, sammyjo! Have a great time with your son!

Hello fellow Feb 2012 travelers!!!

I am going to START NOW and buy little trinkets (spinning lights, glow sticks, etc.) to wrap and give each of my kids the morning before we head into the park. That way, I am not spending tons of $ on these last minute toys inside the park. With 5 kids- it would be much too expensive. Anyone else doing this and what do you plan on buying?

Ideas for keeping kids busy during wait times? I'm thinking pipe cleaners (to bend into funny shapes). I've thought about play doh but I think it would make too much of a mess- especially with the heat. Thoughts?

I've started early too! I found a mini magna doodle at the Dollar Tree that I thought would be fun for waiting in line. We've got glow sticks too (that is a must for my son!) but what are spinning lights? He'd probably love those too. Where do you find them?

:banana: We booked our rooms today and we'll be staying at Shades of Green Feb 15th - 20th. It will be my first time that I can actually remember (stayed offsite as a small child) not staying at a Disney resort. We've heard great things about SOG and can't pass up the rates for the size of rooms. Can't wait. :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter